Filipino Culture Thread

filipinos everywhere. airports especially lmao. i know plenty. i remember coming back from the phils and had stopped at vancouver for a couple of days. worker at coffee shop, filipino. metro ride from airport to town, all i hear is tagalog. mcdonalds, everyone is filipino. i was like did i leave???

that diver video is a classic lmao.

lanzones are bomb.

I was surprised at the vegas airport to see all filipinos working at the burger king and gift shop and a few at tsa.

My brother said at his hotel in ibiza there were a lot of them working there.

I was surprised at the vegas airport to see all filipinos working at the burger king and gift shop and a few at tsa.

Hahaha, the BK in Abu Dhabi's airport had almost all filipinos working their.

Much respect to True Faith and they're a great band to listen to growing up. "Kung OK lang sa iyo" and "Huwag na lang Kaya" are some their hits that I like.

For the younger folks here wanting to check out some great old school OPM songs, the two songs above are amazing. Kung ok lang sayo is probably the best slow / r&b ish opm song ever.

Filipinos are amazing with customer service.

Theyre always happy.
I remember when I was over there at this hardware store they had an employee for every aisle lol.
Sometimes 2

Theyre always happy.
I remember when I was over there at this hardware store they had an employee for every aisle lol.
Sometimes 2

Plus due to colonialism they speak perfect English. That’s why we got the call center game on lock.

Store employees tend to crowd though like I’m at SM just trying to browse and two (usually female, sometimes cute) are following me around :lol:

Theyre always happy.
Sometimes 2

cheap labour means no need to automate things.

It is kinda nice at their mall food courts you just leave your trays and they throw out your garbage for you. I did get slight food poisoning from a jollibee burger.

3437DE00-2CBB-4670-9913-6895FB566B98.jpeg

Glad I don’t have much of a sweet tooth or i’d have diabetes with all those different kinds of snacks and desserts.

I do enjoy a good ensamada and ube cake. Leche flan is my favorite. A cold leche flan and a cold soda hit the spot. One of these days I need to get the recipe from my aunt.

The funny thing is, I feel like it's always in a "butt of the joke" kind of way and not in a serious way though. Like I love the show Superstore, but we finally get a full Filipino character on tv, and he's a pretty funny character but damn, did he really have to be super gay too?:lol:

I think you just put me on to this show. I was in need of something new to watch. :lol:

-Drew

It is kinda nice at their mall food courts you just leave your trays and they throw out your garbage for you. I did get slight food poisoning from a jollibee burger.

I remember this weirded me out the first time I experienced this. :lol:

I just finished eating at either a Chow King or Jollibee and I picked up my tray to throw my trash out.
Next thing I know, homie comes up to me, stops me, and says "Sir, it's okay. I can take that for you."

I told him jokingly "Nah, bro. I'm good. I'm a grown man. I can pick up after myself." and proceeded to throw away my trash. (Not knowing that it's the custom for them to throw garbage out for their customers)

Homie just gave me the :stoneface: face.

:rofl:

-Drew

What happened to me was the opposite. Me and my bro had breakfast at McDonald’s the day after I arrived from the Philippines. I got up from the table and just left my tray lol. Guess I was in the Philippines too long. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom