FIrst Time Being Arrested Vol. Coachella

i don't lurk as much as i used to. but i still find time to visit the usual maintstays (stay in shape, wrestling, rock music.

anyway, i was arrested at coachella. i've never ever had any trouble with the law or whatever. a few narcs tried to get me to sell to them, i refused. but they say they saw me have something. they took me in and booked me.

they found a cap of molly, a pill, and an adderall. they booked me at 30000 bail. i got out for 2400. i have a court date 6/13. that's a few days after edc.

now i've never been in court or anything so i'm lost. i guess i should get a lawyer, though i feel my case is pretty easy.

1. they cannot prove the drugs were mine.

-yes they found stuff on me, but they cannot prove i bought it or i intended to use it. i was under no influence when they booked me. they merely took me in because i had it.

2. they cannot prove i intended to sell.

-i refused to sell. i described what i had, but i never sold or even said i wanted to use. i told them it was my friends.

Therefore, i cannot be charged a felon, because they have nothing to prove i sold or bought or intended to use. it's a bad look to have had it, but that's just a small mistake.

Now this is just my take on it, i don't know how well-thought out my point of view is, but everyone keeps telling me there's no way i'm going to get charged a felony, considering i have no priors and i have a clean cut life.

advice?

What did they book you for? Possession? I though intent to distirbute dealt with quanitity/weight/etc. Doesnt seem as though what you were holding would have met those criteria.

i was booked with possesion of sales. honestly, they were just fishing for big fish. they got a small one in me. it's probably gonna get dropped. there were much more captives that weekend. everyone else in jail sold to the narcs. i didn't.

I don't know if this has any backing but don't' they say possession is 9/10th of the law?

I think just you having them on you shows intent to use.  But no way they get you with intent to sell you need to have more on you then that.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

i don't lurk as much as i used to. but i still find time to visit the usual maintstays (stay in shape, wrestling, rock music.

anyway, i was arrested at coachella. i've never ever had any trouble with the law or whatever. a few narcs tried to get me to sell to them, i refused. but they say they saw me have something. they took me in and booked me.

they found a cap of molly, a pill, and an adderall. they booked me at 30000 bail. i got out for 2400. i have a court date 6/13. that's a few days after edc.

now i've never been in court or anything so i'm lost. i guess i should get a lawyer, though i feel my case is pretty easy.

-yes they found stuff on me, but they cannot prove i bought it or i intended to use it. i was under no influence when they booked me. they merely took me in because i had it.

-i refused to sell. i described what i had, but i never sold or even said i wanted to use. i told them it was my friends.

Therefore, i cannot be charged a felon, because they have nothing to prove i sold or bought or intended to use. it's a bad look to have had it, but that's just a small mistake.

Now this is just my take on it, i don't know how well-thought out my point of view is, but everyone keeps telling me there's no way i'm going to get charged a felony, considering i have no priors and i have a clean cut life.

advice?
Disclaimer: stop asking NT for legal advice and call a real lawyer.  People always do this and it boggles my mind.  Make a phone call to a real lawyer and ask if they do free consults before you take them on as your representation.  No one here is going to give you great advice (or be your lawyer.)

Now...

Some might say possession is 9/10's of the law.  How are you going to argue they weren't your drugs when they were on your persons?  Sounds like a weak bust to meet a quota though.

If they found it on you there is nothing left for them to prove. Everyone always says it isn't theirs, that's not going to fly.

You will probably get a possession charge at best, probation.

And for the record, if the police officers say you were selling, then you were selling. If they want to come in and testify to that then there's nothing you or anyone else can say.

Get a lawyer, end of story. Your point #1 shows you have no understanding of the law (and frankly the rest shows your lack of appreciation for how serious this could be). It is important enough to talk/spend on  a professional.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I don't know if this has any backing but don't' they say possession is 9/10th of the law?

I think just you having them on you shows intent to use.  But no way they get you with intent to sell you need to have more on you then that.

Yea. They don't have to prove the drugs were urs, they were on you when you got caught. You probably didn't have enough to be charged with selling tho

soon.....

Spoiler [+]
heidenrepe.jpg

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

you will probably get charged for what you are guilty for possession..and isnt adderall a controlled subtance?

Yea it is a controlled substance and I think it's the same level as cocaine

i realize there are all kinds of people on here. there are lawyers believe it or not on here. there are also people that have been on the otherside of the law, as well. the more advice the better, i find. doesn't have to be professional. i admitted to not being familiar with the law, which is why i have lawyers to call as well. it's easier to appreciate advice than it is to appreciate snarky sophistry.

Spoiler [+]
you still suck 4w

10641317.jpg

i realize there are all kinds of people on here. there are lawyers believe it or not on here. there are also people that have been on the otherside of the law, as well. the more advice the better, i find. doesn't have to be professional. i admitted to not being familiar with the law, which is why i have lawyers to call as well. it's easier to appreciate advice than it is to appreciate snarky sophistry.

Spoiler [+]
you still suck 4w
Get a lawyer. They have to prove your guilt, so a good defense is essential.

Sucks.
laugh.gif
@ 4w tho

advice?

thanks for the lulz, seriously.  i needed it.  LAWYER UP ASAP.

1.  they can prove the drugs were yours because you were holding and they found it on you.  easy.

2.  if they want to, they can try to convince the court that you were trying to sell, and if they are successful then yes you can get convicted of the charge they are trying to stick on you.

3.  you CAN be charged as a felon because you were holding molly which is a Schedule I drug.  Posession of a Schedule I (with the exception of buds) drug is a FELONY in the state of CA.  Adderall is a Schedule II drug, and that too may also be a felony.

If you are a 1st time offender you arent going to get any jail time.  Most likely you will be facing probation, a fine, community service, and maybe forced to attend some classes.  Still, the entire thing sucks (not to mention youre probably out the $2,400 bond you had to pay).

My friend just did 3 months for a molly and that was his first time in trouble and he was just holding it for a friend who even tried to claim it.

Just playing, you was scared though.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

My friend just did 3 months for a molly and that was his first time in trouble and he was just holding it for a friend who even tried to claim it.

Just playing, you was scared though.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

bad beat OP. good luck

Thats mad weird though. 99.9% of the people at coachella were on/holding drugs. Everyone was blazing it down. How did they manage to run into you?

I was blazing all day at Coachella. Glad they didn't come up to me or I would have sold them something. I had like more than an eighth on me.

damn they really have undercovers walking around trying to buy drugs off people....its a !!#*%+% concert, let these people live.

Back
Top Bottom