FIrst Time Being Arrested Vol. Coachella

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

1. they cannot prove the drugs were mine.

-yes they found stuff on me, but they cannot prove i bought it or i intended to use it. i was under no influence when they booked me. they merely took me in because i had it.

2. they cannot prove i intended to sell.

-i refused to sell. i described what i had, but i never sold or even said i wanted to use. i told them it was my friends.

Therefore, i cannot be charged a felon, because they have nothing to prove i sold or bought or intended to use. it's a bad look to have had it, but that's just a small mistake.
10641317.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

I was blazing all day at Coachella. Glad they didn't come up to me or I would have sold them something. I had like more than an eighth on me.
I know your stepdad wouldn't have been happy if you got caught.
OP, sounds like bad luck.  I don't know why you think you won't get charged with possession.  The evidence was on you, not much else you can say to disprove it.

never will i understand facing criminal charges that could lead you to serving prison time and come to niketalk for advice.
roll.gif
roll.gif
there are very smart people who will be glad to help.  you can even ask a lawyer from you computer.
but since you asked, a lawyer should get you out of this.  the way you descrbied it it seems like they had no right at all to search you and obtained incriminating evidence illegally.

I wouldnt be too worried if youre found guilty. Youll probably get 3 years unsupervised probation, fines, and have to do a program. Most likely PC 1000 or Prop 36.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

-yes they found stuff on me, but they cannot prove i bought it or i intended to use it. i was under no influence when they booked me. they merely took me in because i had it.

-i refused to sell. i described what i had, but i never sold or even said i wanted to use. i told them it was my friends.

Therefore, i cannot be charged a felon, because they have nothing to prove i sold or bought or intended to use. it's a bad look to have had it, but that's just a small mistake.
10641317.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm dying over here.

i don't lurk as much as i used to. but i still find time to visit the usual maintstays (stay in shape, wrestling, rock music.

anyway, i was arrested at coachella. i've never ever had any trouble with the law or whatever. a few narcs tried to get me to sell to them, i refused. but they say they saw me have something. they took me in and booked me.

they found a cap of molly, a pill, and an adderall. they booked me at 30000 bail. i got out for 2400. i have a court date 6/13. that's a few days after edc.

now i've never been in court or anything so i'm lost. i guess i should get a lawyer, though i feel my case is pretty easy.

Now this is just my take on it, i don't know how well-thought out my point of view is, but everyone keeps telling me there's no way i'm going to get charged a felony, considering i have no priors and i have a clean cut life.

advice?
What state are you in? Laws tend to vary state-by-state regarding drugs. Also, they do not have to prove it was your pills, you were in possession of it. Most laws word that the possession of it is illegal. So basically, you were not arrested because it was YOURS, you were arrested because you had POSSESSION of it. You should definitely lawyer up because you appear to have no understanding on how the law and prosecution works. Did you make a statement to the police?  I hope you did not tell the police what you are telling us, "Yes I had it but it's not mine and you cannot prove it" because if you made any time of admission or spontaneous utterances that you were in possession of the above listed drugs -- you better be preparing your angus. If it is your first time offense your state might have a 1 time deferred admission of guilt plea which will only land you probation.   
Cliffs:

-It does not matter who the drugs belongs to -- Possessing it is the illegal part

-Telling the police it did not belong to you is an admission of guilt

- pepper your angus and lawyer up

edit: just figured out you are in CA. The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals tend to be lenient on first time (White) offenders, I'm sure youll get the Deferred Admission of Guilt Plea. 

Back
Top Bottom