Five Reasons You Don’t Need To Follow The Person You’re Dating On Twitter

dame theory

Banned
It took a couple of years before publications and various other media outlets began to understand and talk about Facebook’s impact on everyday relationships. Status updates, photo tagging, profile pictures, and the like now have the potential to make just as loud of a statement as newspaper engagement announcements or being spotted by other people out at dinner once did. Sure we still have our own rules about what to do and what not to do when dating someone else, but we’ve also added more largely due to Facebook.

Twitter still has a long way to go before it starts to affect our relationships the way Facebook has, and it may never be able to.. Twitter as a form of social media is way simpler than Facebook, but just like we have done with nearly every other innovative piece of technology, we the people find a way to make it complicate our lives and attach to it emotionally.

Since I joined Twitter two years ago, I have noticed how it sneakily can have an impact on relationships. If you’re not careful, following the person you’re datingon Twitter can be detrimental. This is not to say you should not follow someone you like or whom you’re dating, but it is to say it’s not nearly as necessary as say being friends with your significant other on Facebook. Today, five reasons why you don’t need to follow the person you’re dating.

IT’S LITERALLY THEY’RE VOICE DIGITIZED

Unless you’ve been living under a rock somewhere, you know the thing about Twitter is every update can only carry 140 characters. This essentially means each tweet is two sentences at most. That’s it. Then you tweet something else. If you’re following someone, you’re basically allowing them to talk to you all freaking day or as often as you check Twitter. The next thing you know, you two are at dinner, and one of you gets all excited to tell the other person something, and before they even say what they feel about what you just said they say, “Oh yeah, I saw you Tweet about that today.â€

It took a couple of years before publications and various other media outlets began to understand and talk about Facebook’s impact on everyday relationships. Status updates, photo tagging, profile pictures, and the like now have the potential to make just as loud of a statement as newspaper engagement announcements or being spotted by other people out at dinner once did. Sure we still have our own rules about what to do and what not to do when dating someone else, but we’ve also added more largely due to Facebook.

Twitter still has a long way to go before it starts to affect our relationships the way Facebook has, and it may never be able to.. Twitter as a form of social media is way simpler than Facebook, but just like we have done with nearly every other innovative piece of technology, we the people find a way to make it complicate our lives and attach to it emotionally.

Since I joined Twitter two years ago, I have noticed how it sneakily can have an impact on relationships. If you’re not careful, following the person you’re datingon Twitter can be detrimental. This is not to say you should not follow someone you like or whom you’re dating, but it is to say it’s not nearly as necessary as say being friends with your significant other on Facebook. Today, five reasons why you don’t need to follow the person you’re dating.

IT’S LITERALLY THEY’RE VOICE DIGITIZED

Unless you’ve been living under a rock somewhere, you know the thing about Twitter is every update can only carry 140 characters. This essentially means each tweet is two sentences at most. That’s it. Then you tweet something else. If you’re following someone, you’re basically allowing them to talk to you all freaking day or as often as you check Twitter. The next thing you know, you two are at dinner, and one of you gets all excited to tell the other person something, and before they even say what they feel about what you just said they say, “Oh yeah, I saw you Tweet about that today.â€

Ain't it the truth.

"Hey, who is @_______?"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

man i've had #2 and #5 happen... TOO true.

When someone unfollows you its worse than being unfriended...
30t6p3b.gif

man i've had #2 and #5 happen... TOO true.

When someone unfollows you its worse than being unfriended...
30t6p3b.gif

THEIR voice
alien.gif

Don't need an article to verify this, but it's true. I don't follow her on Twitter or as one of my Facebook friends.

I text you throughout the day, even while you're at work, why the %*@! do I need to know every minute detail?

THEIR voice
alien.gif

Don't need an article to verify this, but it's true. I don't follow her on Twitter or as one of my Facebook friends.

I text you throughout the day, even while you're at work, why the %*@! do I need to know every minute detail?

I accepted my girl's friend request on FaceBook a while ago. Worst. Decision. Ever.

I accepted my girl's friend request on FaceBook a while ago. Worst. Decision. Ever.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

THEIR voice
alien.gif

thing is, its bound to happen if youve happened to know the chick for a minute before ya'll started dating. 

THEIR voice
alien.gif

thing is, its bound to happen if youve happened to know the chick for a minute before ya'll started dating. 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

THEIR voice
alien.gif

Elaborate, I don't think I get what you're saying.

THEIR voice
alien.gif

If I am following the person before we start dating, do the rest of the reasons outweigh the "unfollowing is cold-blooded?" Hmm...
Where is the philosoraptor when I need him
frown.gif

If I am following the person before we start dating, do the rest of the reasons outweigh the "unfollowing is cold-blooded?" Hmm...
Where is the philosoraptor when I need him
frown.gif

THEIR voice
alien.gif

My interpretation of his message is that, if you knew the chick before you started dating, half of the time both are already friends on FB/Twitter.
Also, wouldn't she or you eventually ask why ya'll ain't friends on these networking sites? I mean, these website as being instilled in our everyday lives that it wouldn't make sense to some people to leave such things out.

Back
Top Bottom