FL Homeowner Shoots, Kills Teen Burglary Suspect. Now His Family Is Mad

Had a cop rolled up and shot this unarmed kid as he was trying to flee I have a feeling some of you tough talkers would be singing a different tune (as you should). But if it's the homeowner, or if it's you it's all fair game. Nothing about this situation warranted this kid being shot, but because a law MAY justify it, you're cool with it. If eric garner hadn't resisted... If mike brown just got on the sidewalk like he was told.... Thats how some of yall sound in here.

There are consequences to your actions.

Nobody said all consequences are just.

He shouldn't have been robbing her. It's not even sad tbh. It's more so stupid on his part and reckless on hers.

If I get robbed while away from home, and me and my family return to an empty house, then we have to face that. But I'm still happy, because my family is safe.

Now if we were home and got robbed? The motha ****** getting smoked. Easy.

This situation could've been resolved without him being shot.

Still though, you don't know what/who is behind that door when you break into a house. It's some people who just want to have a situation like this happen to them so they can shoot someone.

At the very worst this lady gets hit with a slap on the wrist. This kid is still 6 feet under regardless due to a risk he took.

If you want to rob someone, getting killed is a rather extreme end result but it's a possible end result. The victim might be pissed off and decide to shoot you in the back when you're fleeing. Technically they're not supposed to do that, but some people might be so mad they're only thinking about getting even.

The end result is usually going to be the victim getting hit with a slap on the wrist. The robber still being dead or seriously injured and no legal justice will change that. The robber will probably have jail time on top of being seriously injured to add insult to injury if they do survive.

unfortunate situation
only 17, but you got to do better. stealing and committing a crime isn't a way of life. there's people who have been dealt a bad hand, but have made it out.
don't put yourself in a position where death can be an end-result. we got to teach these kids how to make better choices :smh:

how is a cop killing someone under questionable circumstances the same as this situation?

Our riots started over a cop killing a fleeing suspect. (And in no way am I advocating this case at all)

The point is we applaud vigilantly justice.

Wrong is wrong.

Thief was wrong.

Home owner was wrong.

So the moral of this story is DO NOT STEAL. This is a basic rule not only in countless religions but in law books. Some people are already born with that concept and drastically reduce their chances of getting shot. Just work hard and follow the rules.

"Without rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other" - Red Foreman

View media item 1958551

**** in Florida is ridiculous man about a year ago before I bought my house I was renting a town home never had an issue for the 3 years I rented until I got some new neighbors, came home one day and noticed that some ps4 games were missing, a few pair of my j's and my daughter's galaxy tablet , the idiot 20 yo neighbor got busted for pawing some of my stuff , now I wouldn't want to kill anyone but best believe if he had tried that when I was home I would have shot him dead and not lost a wink of sleep over it .....only good to come out of it is it motivated me to buy a house and get out of there

I think she should be charged with murder she went and initiated a confrontation in my belief with the intent to kill.

No different to me than finding someone after the fact and killing them she wasn't protecting herself, she was after revenge.

That said this kids family is an utter ******* disgrace attempting to justify this little bastards thieving, sad to say but something like this was probably bound to happen to dude coming from such a garbage gene pool.

Situation was avoidable all the way around.

This kid knew the risks he was taking when he decided to break into someone else's home. While I feel sorry for his family for losing a child so young, his cousins trying to justify his criminal act is nothing short ignorance. Also I don't think its easy to say compare this story to any of the highly publicized unarmed black shootings, this kid was blatantly caught in the act. On the other hand, Trayvon, Tamir, Eric Garner's deaths were caused by disputable actions that only they and their murderers can explain accurately.

Reactions: God
Its unfortunate that he died, but when you engage in certain types of behavior you must accept that it will come with consequences. This is the rules of life. To be fair, I don't how I'd react if I seen someone walking out my crib with my property so it's hard for me to say what I'd do from what I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Had a cop rolled up and shot this unarmed kid as he was trying to flee I have a feeling some of you tough talkers would be singing a different tune (as you should). But if it's the homeowner, or if it's you it's all fair game. Nothing about this situation warranted this kid being shot, but because a law MAY justify it, you're cool with it. If eric garner hadn't resisted... If mike brown just got on the sidewalk like he was told.... Thats how some of yall sound in here.

I disagree, I dont think most people would raise a concern if the police caught him in the act of breaking in to someone else's property and shot him. You guys forget that all these highly publicized deaths stem from actions that could've been settle with a ticket or misdemeanor. This kid committed a felony, while i don't agree that he deserved to pay with his life, there is clear indisputable evidence that this kid was a criminal.

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest differences between NY and the south.

U cant just millie rock on any block down here.

U milly rock u mite get shot.

I couldn't shoot a teenager for stealing my stuff.

Drawing my weapon and detaining dude until the cops come, now that's something I would do without question. I could only shoot someone if he was threatening my safety.

I'd rather have some of my **** stolen than have a teenager's body on my conscience.

That being said, everyone is different and has had difference experiences, so I don't judge this homeowner's reaction.

Tried to rob a grown hood *****. It is what it is.

Wait she wasn't home and the cops were on the way? Let the cops handle that. Keep his famliy away from the media.

Last edited:
A lot of he said she said stuff on this story. If she was out, cops were called, and she came home and shot him out of anger, that's OD now matter how much I dislike theives.

That said, if he broke in and she was there, he deserved it.
It's not black and white though: there are grey areas. There is a reason why different states have different laws on this issue, just becuse you are in your home does not give you permission to act like Steven Segal

Back
Top Bottom