Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

So the solution to helping stop school shootings is to arm the teachers? I'm sorry, but I would much rather home school my child than to send them anywhere that their teacher has to carry a hammer. Is this where we really are? This is SUCH a lazy idea. Rather than figure out what's best for mental health or try to reform PARTS of the 2nd Amendment, people would rather push this drivel.

*Folks talking about teachers who are sleeping with students...but what about the teacher who is having a tough time with class management? You really want someone who is already on edge and frustrated beyond belief strapped up around kids as young as 4 years old? Get outtta here...SMH.

I AM REGGAETON I AM REGGAETON

Dawg why do you find it necessary to troll serious threads?

Dudes dont even take you seriously in comedic threads..why the hell do you think folks would listen to you now?

Teachers rocking the yoppa to class? What a world we live in man. If any of my teachers were strapped back in the day, I'd have been riddled with bullets a hundred times over.

No guns but want to call people with guns when **** goes sideways lololol
yeah as much as we make fun of "red necks" with guns we need them. If chaos happens and cops and the army not around who will be able to protect people and fight.

So the solution to helping stop school shootings is to arm the teachers? I'm sorry, but I would much rather home school my child than to send them anywhere that their teacher has to carry a hammer. Is this where we really are? This is SUCH a lazy idea. Rather than figure out what's best for mental health or try to reform PARTS of the 2nd Amendment, people would rather push this drivel.

I don't think educators should be carrying either. There jobs are tough enough as is so why do they want that added stress of being a responsible gun owner? I do believe school districts should be required to have armed police officers as security. Not some obese mall cop type of security but actual cops stationed at every school with assault rifles at the ready. You can reform mental health, you can kill the 2nd amendment... but the same issue is still there which is there are over 350 million firearms currently circulated and owned by Americans. The issue is how do you defend against this?

I don't think educators should be carrying either. There jobs are tough enough as is so why do they want that added stress of being a responsible gun owner? I do believe school districts should be required to have armed police officers as security. Not some obese mall cop type of security but actual cops stationed at every school with assault rifles at the ready. You can reform mental health, you can kill the 2nd amendment... but the same issue is still there which is there are over 350 million firearms currently circulated and owned by Americans. The issue is how do you defend against this?

I like the insurance idea. I don't know if current gun owners should be grandfathered, but going forward, I see no reason why there shouldn't be some sort of insurance premium placed on gun owners. Something has to give.

This isn’t a good idea either man...cops can’t really be trusted all that much more, based on how they react outside of a school, I’d be terrified for black kids going to a school where they have police officers starapped with rifles.

They said, want real reform, encourage black men and Muslims to purchase semi-automatic rifles. Things will change quickly a la the Mulford Act. As long as the perpetrators are white men, the laws won't change.

Yeah I think that’s the only way to bring reform, gun owning is considered a white mans privilege by far, the 2nd amendment wasn’t written with minorities in mind, it was written for colonizers that took over land that wasn’t theirs and slave owners to keep their slaves in check...like someone earlier stated, guns are the symbol of white supremacy, however the law can’t descriminate in today’s society, at least NOT blatantly, but white people are still fragile and they won’t be cool with Armed black men and other minorities like Middle easterners with all the Islamophobia going around...that **** would drive these pro-gun, white conservatives NUTS and their hand will be forced by their inherit racism.

Steezy aint tell one lie this entire thread. That would work. Some would rather give up their own privileges rather than extend those privileges to minorities.

The constitution is as outdated as it gets and that not debatable.
This is the root of it all, really. The USA wants to compare itself to countries that underwent at least a couple of constitutional changes to get with the times. It is delusional to think that a document that was written 400 years ago is still entirely relevant today; talking to the Founding Fathers about cars might as well be like telling them about teleportation: there is no way they could comprehend the concept of self-drawn vehicles (and many of them were scholars). The only people who treat that document like it cannot be UPDATED are of the religious strain, who put the Founding Fathers on the same pedestal as their favorite deity.

The only problem with minorities arming en masse is white people irrational fear and anxiety leading them to create a threat in their collective minds

The only problem with minorities arming en masse is white people irrational fear and anxiety leading them to create a threat in their collective minds

Thought the same thing.

A buncha black, hispanic, middle eastern folks armed with guns? Man thats just gonna end bad.

They already shooting unarmed people and talking about fearing for their lives. If people are armed? Smh

Is so ironic how easily white people claim to feel threatened, when historically whites have proven to be the most barbaric and violent group of people, specially here in America and as recent as this past massacre. White extremists are beyond violent, they don’t just kill one person during a dispute, they plan out an attack to ice countless innocent victims, men, women, CHILDREN...it doesn’t matter....if you really think of it, white extremists make ISIS look like child’s play.

Is so ironic how easily white people claim to feel threatened, when historically whites have proven to be the most barbaric and violent group of people, specially here in America and as recent as this past massacre. White extremists are beyond violent, they don’t just kill one person during a dispute, they plan out an attack to ice countless innocent victims, men, women, CHILDREN...it doesn’t matter....if you really think of it, white extremists make ISIS look like child’s play.

Preach on it. They play aggressor turned victim so well, after Apartheid ended, many Dutch-South Africans claimed they feared retaliation, once Mandela preached peace, they said "Oh, ok, back to business as usual" Everyone knows that white people (not all) have been historically barbaric and grimey, their actions have been a representation of one of the largest displays of inferiority to date, "I think they're inferior to me, so I'll make laws hindering their growth." Makes zero sense.

Let me explain why their beloved guns are indeed the problem. Let's say this school was on maximum security lockdown. They're only safe and protected while inside the school. As soon as school let's out, hundreds of kids are right back in a vulnerable position.

If a shooter wants to shoot students, all he has to do is post up on a vehicle or on top of a building. Maybe even walk towards the exit area. The security isn't the problem, it's the access to their beloved guns and importance of the dollar that's causing this because people will sell it on the black market if the money is right.

It's so ironic bro. The two things that the republicans WORSHIP, guns and money are the cause of the most heinous acts. ANYONE with access to money can get whatever gun they want if you know the right connect.

Let's say that happened; MILLIONS went into protecting a school and a shooter attacked outside the school. What would they say then???

Guns are evil creations that were built to kill. Humans don't need that type of killing power. But it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom