Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

what is so complicated? thus far yall advocate to ban assault rifles. then all semi auto rifles. then when its explained a handgun can do the same thing in close quarters, now you want to ban the mags for handguns. you're all over the place, but likely cuz u dont know anything about guns. every time you talk, you reveal your lack of experience and knowledge but yet you somehow keep opening your mouth about what should be done.

Ban 100 round mags....skip over that tho....never said ban handguns.

It’s all good until is your Kid/sibling/family member that’s laying dead in a school or any of those places where multiple people have died in mass shootings.

People don’t care about issues until it directly effects them

Same people talkin about good for the war on drugs. Clean up those neighborhoods and calling for harsh sentences for abusers and dealers

The same one saying for less harsh sentences when their kids get caught with opioids now.

Now they care

Until these nra/gun happy folk have a loved one taken from them they won’t understand and that’s sad

I have 2 baby cousins and I’m scared ****less for their safety. I love these kids to death like they were my own and I hope that something like this never happens to them

But until we get some sensible gun control (not saying to ban all guns) these things will continue to happen

Wake tf up people. Things need changing

People don’t care about issues until it directly effects them

Same people talkin about good for the war on drugs. Clean up those neighborhoods and calling for harsh sentences for abusers and dealers

The same one saying for less harsh sentences when their kids get caught with opioids now.

Now they care

Until these nra/gun happy folk have a loved one taken from them they won’t understand and that’s sad

I have 2 baby cousins and I’m scared ****less for their safety. I love these kids to death like they were my own and I hope that something like this never happens to them

But until we get some sensible gun control (not saying to ban all guns) these things will continue to happen

Wake tf up people. Things need changing
You make some good points.
But, you can't tell me you really think NRA/Gun folks never lose loved ones to guns? (In mass shootings too not just in general)

I guarantee some NRA members were parents of some of those kids.
Guessing here but I'd lean on them still being NRA members and Proguns, even after.
Not everybody is AS extreme as Ban Guns and Arm Teachers.

Everyone looks at the NRA as boogeymen. They may try to buy lawmakers (and definitely succeed sometimes) but they can't make or fix laws. They do have a foothold in the gun community tho undoubtedly. Soon as I purchased my first gun, i mysteriously received a packet from the NRA to join them literally 3 days later. i dont even know how the **** they knew i bought a gun. But i also dont think they represent me, and dont support much of what they stand for so I declined.

the lady from the nra made great points but the audience was there to vent frustration not to actually listen. she was absolutely correct in saying why wasnt this dude flagged after 39 incidents. i feel this way every time i turn on the news and see someone committed a heinous crime but has a rap sheet a mile long. why the hell weren't they locked up BEFORE racking up 100 charges?

i do disagree with her saying 18 year olds need weapons. no they dont. i get that there are gonna be some outliers like the example she used. but i say let them fend for themselves until 21. it is what it is.

edit: and dont be fooled by the police chief. hes a fraud. that chief was in control when his officers were shooting at pictures of black people in the shooting range for target practice. when the studies were done about them targeting minorities for arrest, he was in control. when a certain case with family members of mine who worked under him sued and the department AND WON, he was in control. So **** him.

poor taste. things like this is why both sides refuse to work with each other. too much finger pointing and pointless banter. not enough compromise and understanding.
The NRA paying for campaigns and the GOP members blatantly only caring about their donors(look at the tax code) shows how necessary it is to call these people out for what they are

She and the NRA are ******* terrorists

Trump's solution is to arm teachers?

Yeah, uhm, that can actually promote easier killings/targets for mentally troubled students and also teachers. We've all been in instances where a student gets into trouble with a teacher. Imagine during a class and a student gets into an argument with a teacher and decides to use force to pry away the weapon? Vice-versa with a teacher using a gun to intimidate students.

Now what?

Anyway, my suggestion is that they should allocate all funding to education, healthcare, and safety... but these things aren't profitable or sensible enough for politicians to care for so yeah...

That Caitlin Jenner look-a-like probably received a hefty sum from the NRA after that lousy performance. She attributed mental health as one, if not, THE SOLE reason why the killer went out like that? Not even bringing up age as one of the factors?

U N B E L I E V A B L E

Trump's solution is to arm teachers?

Yeah, uhm, that can actually promote easier killings/targets for mentally troubled students and also teachers. We've all been in instances where a student gets into trouble with a teacher. Imagine during a class and a student gets into an argument with a teacher and decides to use force to pry away the weapon? Vice-versa with a teacher using a gun to intimidate students.

Now what?

Anyway, my suggestion is that they should allocate all funding to education, healthcare, and safety... but these things aren't profitable or sensible enough for politicians to care for so yeah...

That Caitlin Jenner look-a-like probably received a hefty sum from the NRA after that lousy performance. She attributed mental health as one, if not, THE SOLE reason why the killer went out like that? Not even bringing up age as one of the factors?

U N B E L I E V A B L E

there are many factors. his mentality is the MAIN one. age as a factor of why he did it? i dont follow your thinking. to me, him wanting to kill (mentality) is the main reason it happened. one that not enough people care to talk about. but i wish they would. I wish they would put these 4 copycats that were about to shoot up their school IMMEDIATELY following this guy on front street and ask why. get to see their thinking and reasoning as to why this is a viable answer for whatever trivial problem they think theyre the only ones going thru.

i dont even look at the weapon choice as a reason for why it happened. cuz whether he used an AR, or a shotgun, or bombs, or handguns.... he shouldnt have had access to ANY of em. so i think its a combination of his criminal nature + the fact that the system allows someone like him to purchase weapons created this disaster. personally.

just had a discussion with someone on twitter and they raised a good point about the smart tech in guns moving forward. namely, the remote disable feature.

1. how would it operate over distances? cant be bluetooth, and wifi is unreliable. which led me to say then what if we required a line of dedicated service to it like a smart watch? thats adding another hurdle to ownership, AND it automatically adds a GPS function to the weapon as well.

2. if it can be remotely disabled, doesnt it run the risk of being hacked... namely by the government? i had no good answer. im sure thru some NSA deal it would be able to be remotely disabled by any government entity, but IS that necessarily a bad thing? how much do we REALLY trust government entities?

3. we also discussed the proximity docks, and agreed there is 0 downside to those. they need to become a widespread thing. great dialogue overall with a lot of people online.

Future tech for guns?

What about the millions out there now?

What about the insanely hard way in which the NRA has made it to track those guns?

Why is there no national database accessible to look up serial numbers?

Future tech for guns?

What about the millions out there now?

What about the insanely hard way in which the NRA has made it to track those guns?

Why is there no national database accessible to look up serial numbers?

1. i think guns should be required to be fitted with smart tech retroactively. give an incentive for doing so like amnesty for unregistered weapons etc etc. and all new guns should automatically be fitted with it, raising the price accordingly. future violations not adhering to it should face severe punishment.

2. what do u mean by "those" guns? u mean ones with smart tech? the tech exists but isnt widely available. so in a sense "those" guns dont exist yet thanks largely in part to the NRA being against them. but guns right now are insanely hard to track. between 2nd-hand and grey market sales... guns are EVERYWHERE. even in chicago guns that were previously confiscated and locked into evidence by police are somehow ending up in the hands of gang members. but thats an entirely different rabbit hole.

3. there is. its just not accessible to you. and criminals have a habit of scraping the serial number making the gun essentially a john doe type of situation unless its been used in a crime before and the ballistics match up. but police and govt agencies dont pool their resources together enough for ballistics across state lines to make much difference unfortunately. smart tech would help fix this tho. imagine having a gps or line of service linked to each gun. outside of some master hacker, you really would be s.o.l. trying to illegally move these around the country or denying it was used in a crime.

Not that you can't worry about all problems, but putting 4year olds on prescription meds has a lot more to do with problems of our youth and mass shootings than any gun, and calling spankings child abuse......**** like that I worry about, not guns.
That kid probably never had a whipping.
He needed more than he got obviously.

Ban Big Pharma.
Worry about guns after the countless other contributors that have a more prevalent relevance to current shootings.

Not that you can't worry about all problems, but putting 4year olds on prescription meds has a lot more to do with problems of our youth and mass shootings than any gun, and calling spankings child abuse......**** like that I worry about, not guns.
That kid probably never had a whipping.
He needed more than he got obviously.

Ban Big Pharma.
Worry about guns after the countless other contributors that have a more prevalent relevance to current shootings.

yeaaaaaaaa but big pharma isnt the focus at the moment ya know? this is kinda like ALL LIVES MATTER! when talking about black lives matter. of course they do, of course you're right... but thats not what the immediate concern is at this current moment ya know? shootings are the hot button issue. of course the food, and over-medication, texting-and-driving, suicide, etc etc all cause infinitely more death. of course. but thats not the topic at hand. one focus at a time.

there are many factors. his mentality is the MAIN one. age as a factor of why he did it? i dont follow your thinking. to me, him wanting to kill (mentality) is the main reason it happened. one that not enough people care to talk about. but i wish they would. I wish they would put these 4 copycats that were about to shoot up their school IMMEDIATELY following this guy on front street and ask why. get to see their thinking and reasoning as to why this is a viable answer for whatever trivial problem they think theyre the only ones going thru.

i dont even look at the weapon choice as a reason for why it happened. cuz whether he used an AR, or a shotgun, or bombs, or handguns.... he shouldnt have had access to ANY of em. so i think its a combination of his criminal nature + the fact that the system allows someone like him to purchase weapons created this disaster. personally.

I agree with you, man. My bad I confused you with my comment about age being one of the factors. My thoughts got lost in the sauce :lol: You nailed it with how it has become disturbing and easily accessible for 18-year-olds to buy ARs endangering public safety and himself. His mental illness paved way for this horrific tragedy and you're right about the need for someone to look into that.

IMO, these legislators need to look at the facts such as stats for ONCE and see what kind of amendments they can come up with. We're only simple human beings striving for simpler solutions. It's sad that shootings have been THIS common in our lives and we haven't done anything to resolve it.

what is so complicated? thus far yall advocate to ban assault rifles. then all semi auto rifles. then when its explained a handgun can do the same thing in close quarters, now you want to ban the mags for handguns. you're all over the place, but likely cuz u dont know anything about guns. every time you talk, you reveal your lack of experience and knowledge but yet you somehow keep opening your mouth about what should be done.
:lol: Steezy funny

Yea, I have learned quite a few things in this thread. Never knew you could essentially turn a handgun into that either. GOod look.

Back
Top Bottom