Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

You really don't understand the fact that (as it is now in the US) a choice to have it or not.
What is proposed is not forcing teachers that dont want to own one to own one.
It wouldn't be us carrying it on our hips, It would be locked up twice over. There will be a drill and codes in place. It will more than likely be locked away the same as it is for non-concealed permit holders in cars. Then locked again in our desk or cabinets.
We can sit here and say "oh I know these teachers that don't want.... " "Oh i know people who are for" we can do that all day.
My personal concern is for the children. This right now is a quick solution. Maybe not the best, but it's an answer.. Until you can find one that will actually work better this is what we can start with.

The whole point is much more rigorous gun control is clearly the better solution, but that’s not what conswrvatives and the NRA want, so it won’t happen...so now we gotta resort to bringing more guns into schools because of fear...you said the gun will be locked away twice over...that doesn’t seem practical, since shooters don’t typically announce themselves, the element of surprise will alway win and many lives will be lost by the time one brave teacher reacts...will that save more lives that could have been lost...maybe...POINT IS NO LIVES SHOULD EVER BE LOST WITHIN A SCHOOL TO GUN FIRE...1 life lost is too many...this is the problem with Trump and his bunch...they keep downplaying deaths...”well not as many would have died if someone was shooting back” nobody should have died in the first place.

Then let us not even tap into the logistics of how authorities will react once they enter a school and you have a bunch of civilians armed who are teachers...

Then let us not even tap into the logistics of how authorities will react once they enter a school and you have a bunch of civilians armed who are teachers...

Cops will shoot the first person they see with a weapon. They will not be trying to hear "wait, I'm a faculty member!". Unless its understood that when they hear cop sirens they drop their weapons and keep their hands visible until the scene is under control. It will be a disaster.

They gonna shoot the first teacher thats a minority thats armed that they see

Cops will shoot the first person they see with a weapon. They will not be trying to hear "wait, I'm a faculty member!". Unless its understood that when they hear cop sirens they drop their weapons and keep their hands visible until the scene is under control. It will be a disaster.

Trump painted a picture to the ignorant people of America that somehow shows the average art teacher turn into special ops at the drop of a dime.

Why do cowards go in to these schools and do this? Because they don't feel that there is much risk in it. They've been in places where there are no SRO's or gun free zones. Again i'm not saying this is the best plan, but it is a deterrent.
People always want to choose the path of least resistance. So you wouldn't want to risk going in to a school guns blazing not knowing if Ms Frizzle can actually protect and/or take you out before you even reach any type of sick goal you may have.

As far as when the cops finally arrived. First priority is ALWAYS get in the classroom and lock the doors. I don't really see cops seeing a teacher that's well dressed and thinking that's the active shooter. We all wear ID lanyards also.

You really don't understand the fact that (as it is now in the US) a choice to have it or not.
What is proposed is not forcing teachers that dont want to own one to own one.
It wouldn't be us carrying it on our hips, It would be locked up twice over. There will be a drill and codes in place. It will more than likely be locked away the same as it is for non-concealed permit holders in cars. Then locked again in our desk or cabinets.
We can sit here and say "oh I know these teachers that don't want.... " "Oh i know people who are for" we can do that all day.
My personal concern is for the children. This right now is a quick solution. Maybe not the best, but it's an answer.. Until you can find one that will actually work better this is what we can start with.

Quick question, you mentioned youre a father. How old is your kid?

I have a 4 year old whos in pre k, and this "guns in classrooms" is not the answer at all.
A school should be a learning environment thats fun and safe.
Some Kids even rely on school for the safety, to get away from the "hood" drama. Guns drugs, etc.

I WOULD NOT feel safe knowing my 4 year olds teacher has a gun. We tryna get guns OUT of schools...not in.

I don't really see cops seeing a teacher that's well dressed and thinking that's the active shooter. We all wear ID lanyards also.

Cops don't know who is a teacher and who isn't, they will see a weapon and they will nuetralize the person with the weapon. Unless they want to die, drop your weapon, get on the ground and follow instructions until they figure out who's who.

True story. This EXACT thing happened in my spot. South Eugene high school was on lockdown because of a shooting threat. Teachers and students locked in rooms until cops come and say it's safe to come out. Cops came, didn't find a shooter, and left with no problems....is what the news reported.

My family friend who is one of the cops that responded told me something different. He said they get there and it's locked down so they start kicking in doors with guns drawn to find the shooter. They literally have no contact with anyone so they have no idea what the situation is they're walking into. They heard a door shut somewhere and ran to the noise and saw a dude with something in his hands, yelled then started blasting in his direction. They missed him, but once their nerves were calmed they found out it was one of the damn janitors checking out rooms, holding his damn push broom. Dude almost got ******* lit up, I can't even imagine if he was holding da musket what would have happened :lol:

"I feared for my life. I unloaded 2 full clips just to be safe. The perp had a weapon, it was life or death."

Hit me on the group chat. 23

I'm fine with gun laws, and making it harder for people from having guns, let's start with that.
Until then, let's try to deter these coward terrorist from even stepping foot in our schools.
As a teacher we got love for yall kids. We damn sure not doing this for the pay, we actually care and really try to help make our youth better. Believe me when I say in most cases (I can't speak for all teachers specially the ones with wilder environments.) We would never want to harm your kids. We invest a lot of ourselves into what we do and how we do it.
I have been seeing memes about teachers threatening kids with the guns, and yea some are suppose to be funny, but no one in this profession would even think about doing that.

MalcolmNewton MalcolmNewton , I agree with you, and from what I've been hearing that would be procedure. If we're not already locked in the classroom safe, and say we're outside, we know we get down on the ground and discard our weapon as soon as there are cops.

If only everyone were as brave as that fat orange guy in the white house. Talking bout he would’ve ran into that school even if he had no weapon himself.

Why do cowards go in to these schools and do this? Because they don't feel that there is much risk in it. They've been in places where there are no SRO's or gun free zones. Again i'm not saying this is the best plan, but it is a deterrent.
People always want to choose the path of least resistance. So you wouldn't want to risk going in to a school guns blazing not knowing if Ms Frizzle can actually protect and/or take you out before you even reach any type of sick goal you may have.

As far as when the cops finally arrived. First priority is ALWAYS get in the classroom and lock the doors. I don't really see cops seeing a teacher that's well dressed and thinking that's the active shooter. We all wear ID lanyards also.

They can't just install metal detectors in these schools/enforce no bag or all bags searched rule?

True story. This EXACT thing happened in my spot. South Eugene high school was on lockdown because of a shooting threat. Teachers and students locked in rooms until cops come and say it's safe to come out. Cops came, didn't find a shooter, and left with no problems....is what the news reported.

My family friend who is one of the cops that responded told me something different. He said they get there and it's locked down so they start kicking in doors with guns drawn to find the shooter. They literally have no contact with anyone so they have no idea what the situation is they're walking into. They heard a door shut somewhere and ran to the noise and saw a dude with something in his hands, yelled then started blasting in his direction. They missed him, but once their nerves were calmed they found out it was one of the damn janitors checking out rooms, holding his damn push broom. Dude almost got ****ing lit up, I can't even imagine if he was holding da musket what would have happened :lol:

"I feared for my life. I unloaded 2 full clips just to be safe. The perp had a weapon, it was life or death."

Bruh my boy told me his crib got raided when he was like 12. He didnt know wtf was going on, he had a lighter and since he was so young he thought hed get in trouble for it so he tried to put it in his pocket. Cops there pointing a rifle at him like get your hands out your pocket. He takes his hands out and flings the lighter on the ground. Cops lookin at him like you stupid ******* kid i was gonna blast you over a lighter???

TDizzle, a lanyard isn’t gonna protect you from getting shot up by cops in a situation like this, specially if you a minority....and as long as these cowards have access to assault weapons, they will still feel more courageous than you with your handgun because he/she still has the upper hand...some of these cats also wear vests for added advantage...why do they wear vests? Maybe because they anticipate getting shot and really don’t give a **** if someone is firing back with a handgun when they shooting with an assault riffle...also a lot of these mass shooters go in with a kamakazee mindset, they don’t care to die as they end up offing themselves after they’ve caused enough carnage...please don’t come in here echoing the Bigot bro...I can tolerate your love for the salt king, but not approval of any ideal of the Bigot

I need to unsubscribe from this thread, y'all country is trash. I'll be back when the next shooting happens.

giphy.gif

Lol simmer down, No one is echoing anyone. I'm in the field, and this is an option now that was brought to us.
We know you're against guns in general, I am not, which is why this option doesn't look as bad to me.
Again, FIRST PRIORITY is get the kids locked in to the classroom in a safe place. Teachers or administration (is who I originally said should be the ones strapped over teachers a few pages back) Aren't going to be in the hallway looking to shoot anyone down. We're going to be getting as many kids as possible safe. period.
SRO's are the most important thing, they're the first and fastest call to get police there. We have SRO's in every school even elementary in my county. I originally assumed that was the case for all schools in the US but it's not.
I like the federally paid and trained vet idea the most. That would be #1 for me.

You don’t also see an issue with a veteran armed within a school? You don’t believe in PTSD?? Arming more people within a school just opens up Pandora’s box...so many more things can go wrong, a teacher can snap just as easy, teachers deal with a lot as you should know, or maybe not depending what type of kids you dealing with...this notion that allllll teachers would put their lives on the line for their students is a fairy tale, I’m sure many teachers have fantasized of ending a few of their students...what’s gonna be the defense when teachers start blasting kids in classrooms and claim they feared for their safety and that of the other students?

You're talking in circles so Ima answer the vets one. Federally paid and trained means an intensive background check where an important mental health issue such as ptsd will be known and declined. There are plenty of well minded vets out there

Back
Top Bottom