Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Lol simmer down, No one is echoing anyone. I'm in the field, and this is an option now that was brought to us.
We know you're against guns in general, I am not, which is why this option doesn't look as bad to me.
Again, FIRST PRIORITY is get the kids locked in to the classroom in a safe place. Teachers or administration (is who I originally said should be the ones strapped over teachers a few pages back) Aren't going to be in the hallway looking to shoot anyone down. We're going to be getting as many kids as possible safe. period.
SRO's are the most important thing, they're the first and fastest call to get police there. We have SRO's in every school even elementary in my county. I originally assumed that was the case for all schools in the US but it's not.
I like the federally paid and trained vet idea the most. That would be #1 for me.

im not against guns, and arming teachers is a terrible idea. teachers can already barely handle a classroom, much less, actually conflict in schools. If a fight breaks out they usually panic and have no idea how to stop it. A gun in the hands of ANYONE who is scared is not the ideal situation, agreed?

Even from a practical sense, in a prison the guards dont carry guns for this reason. What happens when a group of bad kids decide to take the teachers gun away? Then what? Oops?

You're talking in circles so Ima answer the vets one. Federally paid and trained means an intensive background check where an important mental health issue such as ptsd will be known and declined. There are plenty of well minded vets out there

cmooonnnnnnnnnnnnn fam. you know this makes no sense. an "intensive" background check will catch all cases of ptsd? so u think all veterans who are suffering from ptsd went in somewhere and had it added to their record? Thats like the ignorant saying of the anti-gun people where they think universal background checks alone would prevent mass shootings. Cant catch what isnt reported. Simple as that.

"There are plenty of well minded vets out there" ill respond with the words of chris rock. "But some jobs can’t have bad apples. Some jobs, everybody gotta be good. Like … pilots. Ya know, American Airlines can’t be like, “Most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us." One incident with a vet suffering from PTSD is all itll take. Lets not even go down that road.

They can't just install metal detectors in these schools/enforce no bag or all bags searched rule?

My kids school, there's a set of doors to enter and then a checkpoint before you can get inside the school that is locked at all hours. You have to check in at the office to access to school.

The office windows and the windows at the first set of doors is super thick. Office staff have alarms under the sign in desk.

They check and copy your ID then give you a pass with your photo to allow access. The doors that kids go through, locally they are in talks to have those doors have metal detectors possibly installed at least at my kids school. I am all for it.

3 schools in this county and one adjacent have had shooting threats in the last two weeks posted to social media. I remember my homie when I was in high school they found his strap in his car during a random dog run. He was just a hood dude but still there would have been nothing to stop him from bringing it inside. Our security didn't give a **** and the school officers were just random fat dudes.

Again never said these were the best ideas just ideas for now. We need something in place til atleast summer break.
The county I worked in people cant get in the doors without buzzing in and inspected for ID

amidst all the arming teacher talks, a teacher already pops the toolie. This **** is wild. I have no way to deal with it but laugh

Same. I just can't believe all of this man. i COMPLETELY understand how the crazy, irrational, backwards thinking person has probably felt for a while. Because I've become that person.

Like some extreme racist right wing nut from the south during Obamas presidency was prolly like "what in tarnation is this place coming to?! A kneegrow Muslim as the president of Murica?! Have I gone crazy??? This country has gone to hell. People actually think this this and this is a good idea?!! What the hell??"

I'm sitting here having those same thoughts. Like really?! This the prez we going with? REALLY?! We building a god damn wall?? Coal?! We wanna give teachers GUNS?!! Everyday I'm in disbelief. This is what the other side has been feeling. I don't know what to believe anymore. What I thought was right is now somehow skewed. I just laugh. Then do the Alonzo gif reaction, then hold my loved ones tight. What a world

Same. I just can't believe all of this man. i COMPLETELY understand how the crazy, irrational, backwards thinking person has probably felt for a while. Because I've become that person.

Like some extreme racist right wing nut from the south during Obamas presidency was prolly like "what in tarnation is this place coming to?! A kneegrow Muslim as the president of Murica?! Have I gone crazy??? This country has gone to hell. People actually think this this and this is a good idea?!! What the hell??"

I'm sitting here having those same thoughts. Like really?! This the prez we going with? REALLY?! We building a god damn wall?? Coal?! We wanna give teachers GUNS?!! Everyday I'm in disbelief. This is what the other side has been feeling. I don't know what to believe anymore. What I thought was right is now somehow skewed. I just laugh. Then do the Alonzo gif reaction, then hold my loved ones tight. What a world

this is the single unfunniest thing at which I have ever died laughing in public.

its like we've BEEN saying though.... the problem isnt the guns. it really isnt. this youngest generation is truly screwed up. what goes thru a kids mind, days after parkland... to bring a gun in his car like this?

It's every generation TBH. I know you're talking about just school shootings. But in regards to mass shootings in general, seems like no age demographic is exempt.

Georgia Teacher in Custody After Police Say He Fired a Gun in Empty Classroom
636554251040093014-AP-SHOTS-FIRED-GEORGIA-SCHOOL-98026599.JPG

The main entrance of Dalton High School in Dalton, Ga., where police arrested a teacher after a shooting incident.
(Photo: Jeff Martin, AP)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-say-he-fired-shot-empty-classroom/381955002/

A social studies teacher who fired one shot from a handgun after barricading himself in an empty classroom at a Georgia high school was arrested Wednesday, police said.

Officers persuaded the teacher to surrender without incident after about 30 to 45 minutes, said Dalton, Ga., police spokesman Bruce Frazier.

"We had officers inside the building quickly,” he said.

No one was injured aside from a female student who hurt her ankle while rushing to evacuate Dalton High School.

The incident occurred two weeks after a school shooting in neighboring Florida left 17 students and faculty dead, renewing the debate about gun control in the U.S. In the wake of that tragedy, President Trump and federal and state legislators have proposed arming teachers, a move backed by the National Rifle Association.

Frazier said the teacher, identified as Jesse Randal Davidson, 53, is facing six charges, including aggravated assault, terroristic threats and carrying a weapon on school grounds.

According to the school website, Davidson did the play-by-play for the Dalton High School as the "voice of the Catamounts" and has written a two-volume history of the team.

Davidson, who has taught at the school since 2004, apparently fired the handgun out the window and did not aim at anyone, Frazier said.

“I don’t know if he fired the gun off to let people know to back off or what,” he said.

Davidson had taught first period without incident or an indication of anything unusual, Frazier said. The shooting occurred during third period, when Davidson had a planning block.

“It certainly seems that he didn’t have any intention to harm anyone else,” Frazier said.

Here’s a look at the large police presence at Dalton High School. Suspect in custody. Students taken to a staging area for parents to pick them up.@wsbtvpic.twitter.com/wtGq09cmsL

— Chris Jose (@ChrisJoseWSB) February 28, 2018
The ordeal unfolded after Davidson apparently refused to allow students into the classroom and barricaded the door.

A single shot ran out inside the room when the principal arrived to try unlocking the door. School officials evacuated the school and placed it on lockdown. Students were taken to the city's convention center, the school said on its Facebook page.

Police said no students were ever in danger. The school, which has about 2,000 students, is about 90 miles north of Atlanta.

Man it's hilarious to me to see so many people in the 2A community hate Trump.

I've read "Trump is doing more to infringe upon our rights in the last 2 weeks than Obama did in 8 years" so many times its hilarious.

All major federal gun control has been enacted under the a right controlled federal government.

Back
Top Bottom