FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Wegmans sounds like this store called hyvee in the Midwest.

they used to be regular now they got like 20 different delis in them and all sorts of stuff, I don’t really shop there though, they treat their employees poorly.

aldis are popping up in the twin cities like crazy in all neighborhoods but rich ones.

Stuffed cabbage from scratch for dinner:
E407061F-657C-46D7-AFFA-2D990054359A.jpeg

Covered with more sauce and put them in the oven to finish up.

RE: pizza

Does anyone here PREFER (#1 option) CHEESE pizza?

Yes/no; Explain.
Again, for really good pizza? Yes.

The sauce tends to pick up the slack on a pie in terms of flavor, but pizza needs the right texture above all else.

When pizza is great and all components are in alignment I never find myself wanting for pepperoni or any other topping.

Standard mozzarella? Nah. Toppings elevate pizza. Less is more doesn’t always apply. Plain cheese pizza isn’t worth my time

RE: pizza

Does anyone here PREFER (#1 option) CHEESE pizza?

Yes/no; Explain.
Most pizza is cheese pizza. The other stuff is just different toppings.

Unless you thinking of other options like white sauce instead of tomato or some vegan **** or Chicago pizza cake.

Most pizza is cheese pizza. The other stuff is just different toppings.

Unless you think other options like white sauce instead of tomato or some vegan **** or Chicago pizza cake.
Red Sauce + Mozzarella

vs.

Red Sauce + Mozzarella + _______ (Insert any number of other toppings).

:lol: @ Chicago pizza cake

I can appreciate a good cheese slice but when given the option, I’ll ALWAYS add pepperoni. I’ll add sausage and garlic every now and then but it isn’t necessary.

So I went to Gioletti.

Cool spot, the price for a small was $3 Euro. Cheap.However, they only let you sample one item, but then you have to pay in order to sample anything else.

The guy and I was going at it for a minute - you want me to pay for something I don’t know if I’ll like :lol:

E71E3B3A-EAD1-405C-9EFF-F2EE178ECF81.jpeg
A609B950-AC12-48AB-878C-ADF48912B5CC.jpeg

478F63D0-D05F-4AE5-A6C8-61D07C3EC03E.jpeg

Marinated chicken thighs in soy sauce, garlic and adobo sauce. Browned the chicken then cooked down the marinate until a gravy like consistency. I forgot to add sugar and vinegar but the chicken was really good. Will become a regular dish for me
2C567E73-39F7-46C2-9664-02276C62E0A6.jpeg

Chicken, collards and Spanish rice
9874306F-FBFB-42B8-9141-33C3727A9239.jpeg

Stuffed cabbage from scratch for dinner:
E407061F-657C-46D7-AFFA-2D990054359A.jpeg

Covered with more sauce and put them in the oven to finish up.
whats in the cabbage?
Marinated chicken thighs in soy sauce, garlic and adobo sauce. Browned the chicken then cooked down the marinate until a gravy like consistency. I forgot to add sugar and vinegar but the chicken was really good. Will become a regular dish for me

that's some respectable presentation u there my guy.

Yea man, any type of stewed chicken is so east and simple but you jave so many different varieties of IT. Crry, Brown Stew, Adobo. I was going to do more curry this week but your option sounds good. I just need Adobo sauce and Knowing me, I will use gingers as well.

Nouss Nouss he is matching you.

I found this recommendation and walked through the hood of Rome :lol: Everything was nice and lit up - next thing you know, blocks and blocks of alley’s with graffiti and no lights. This chick asked me if I wanted “company” tonight. :lol:

Trattoria AI Romani - just so happened I am talking with the host about pork. Found out he’s Muslim. Called the chef over and he surprised me.

I want to say, these were ox tails :lol:

Spicy bread

CB62446B-EA65-4C0D-9EDD-AF759D9ADF5A.jpeg

60F86E9E-56AC-435F-82FF-6E9073B6EBFB.jpeg

4C7BAD82-92C8-465A-A13E-9D85DC8CC704.jpeg

Yea man, any type of stewed chicken is so east and simple but you jave so many different varieties of IT. Crry, Brown Stew, Adobo. I was going to do more curry this week but your option sounds good. I just need Adobo sauce and Knowing me, I will use gingers as well.

Nouss Nouss he is matching you.
Ginger will definitely make a good addition. I would like to incorporate it more but I find myself never using it all

that looks delicious tay
Thanks. I actually followed a chicken adobo recipe and decided to include the adobo pepper sauce on my own but I forgot the sugar and vinegar

Yea.

Also sometimes ill sautee it after.

A perfect spoon of chicken adobo for me is white rice, lil bit of chicken, lil bit of skin, and sauce.

Back
Top Bottom