FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Stonefire grill for SB Sunday

Definitely great brother for an AYCE open until 2am. But I've been wanting to try this other place a few NTers went too.. Kang Hodong Baekjong I think
Hae Jang Chon is pretty dam good for a AYCE spot, but Kang Hodong Baekjong is an another level. Its always packed, but the nice thing is they are open really late.

You should also check out Ham Ji Park . They are known for their Pork Ribs

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ham-ji-park-los-angeles-2

@geraldg2309 That place looks great! I have to eat there next time I'm in the area.

Definitely great brother for an AYCE open until 2am. But I've been wanting to try this other place a few NTers went too.. Kang Hodong Baekjong I think

went to hjc day before yesterday :lol:

KHD is my favorite kbbq spot EVER.

the ribeye :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp:

have you guys had soowon?

Last edited:
thanks. I'm a sucker for a good bagel and lox.
thanks for the tip.
best cheese steak though? trying to stay away from the touristy spot like Geno's and the place across the street

I might not be able to make it out there depending on the weather. was planning on driving down there but have never driven in snow. hearing these weather reports are making me rethink my trip out there.

Tony Luke's has better cheesesteaks than Geno's or Pat's. For me, the best sandwich I had in Philly was the roast pork at DiNic's in the Reading Terminal Market (http://tommydinics.com).

Does anyone have a really good recipe for a rack of ribs in the oven.

time is not an issue.

Thnx.

Does anyone have a really good recipe for a rack of ribs in the oven.

time is not an issue.

Thnx.

Remove membrane from back of ribs, rub with seasonings, lay meat side down on aluminum foil, top with another sheet of aluminum foil and crimp the top and bottom together making a seal that faces upwards. Put on baking sheet in oven at 280 for 2.5-3 hours. Remove from foil, put the sauce on and slide back in the oven on broil for five minutes.

Last edited:
Tony Luke's has better cheesesteaks than Geno's or Pat's. For me, the best sandwich I had in Philly was the roast pork at DiNic's in the Reading Terminal Market (http://tommydinics.com).

Definitely get a cheesesteak. But I concur on DiNic's. Went there a few years back. So damn good.

Northeast is supposed to get substantial snow the next few days. If you haven't driven in it before I wouldn't make this your first time. Even though you'll probably be alright, wouldn't test a lengthy drive in this weather

We should have more vids in here. You guys watch munchies?

alll day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

some of their chefs night out be wild lame tho...

going to their homeboy/girls 4 star establishment and eating foie gras with quinoa and wild truffle soup... :smile:rolleyes) aint about nothing...

but the ones where they get hammered and actually go BACK to their spots and get busy, while smaked, is too turnt! :smokin

Last edited:
^but foie gras always tastes amazing! Truffle soup will too!
1st time having an authentic version of Yoshinoya. It's beef & onions over rice bento style.

Fried halibut with pickled mustard. A fine home cooked meal.
BTMAyvt.jpg

Last edited:
Heading to Portland next month; any good suggestions on where to eat
right up my alley:

apizza scholls, beast, biwa, gruner, tasty and sons, toro bravo, pok pok, departure, olympic provisions, lardo, nongs khao man ghai, podnah's pit, ox (my personal fave), smallwares, bamboo izakaya, bamboo sushi, blue star donuts, broder, laurelhurst market

Am I the only one who thinks Chipotle is trash? Nothing special about it, I've had way better burritos...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom