FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

People clown when I buy Celeste at the supermarket. I'm under no illusion that their pizza actually tastes good, but on sale for $1 and when you're extremely hungry and far too tired to cook, the laughter stops.

People clown when I buy Celeste at the supermarket. I'm under no illusion that their pizza actually tastes good, but on sale for $1 and when you're extremely hungry and far too tired to cook, the laughter stops.

gotta admit, 10 for $10 at Ralphs was pretty clutch back in college

I stay with the Stouffer's French Bread Pizza, which is usually 2 for $5 at most markets.

2 minutes in the microwave, 6 minutes in the oven. BAM. :pimp:

Okay, if we're discussing clutch frozen food, Trader Joe's 4-cheese macaroni. Their Indian selection is also tasty (chicken tikka masala).

NT Confession

I blame my folks for my eating habits.

Growing up all my mom had time to fix was Hamburger Helper and anything she could pull out the box and put in the oven.

Over the years I've stepped my eating game up but I'm not even close to to this thread.

I also blame my location.

Not much ethnic variety in Cincinnati 
mean.gif

celeste is clutch, their pizza is good. only thing is I don't slice it like homeboy up there did, its good in one piece

I blame my folks for my eating habits.

Not much ethnic variety in Cincinnati
Never too late to diversify your palette. I'm still constantly growing my range of dining and experiencing different cultures. That's what traveling's for, and this thread is pretty helpful with recommendations.

When I was in Cincy for a weekend about 2 years back (for a Steelers game), we had some nice Caribbean/Jamaican influenced food at a spot called Island Frydays. We also had some great American Thai from some place but I can't remember the name for the life of me... They had what looked like a nice selection of craft beers. I bet if you went out & explored, you'd find some great places to eat.

more from HK, this time Tai O on Lantau Island... in a few years; maybe a decade, HK is gonna start developing this small fishing village... sad to think about tbh

Last edited:
Ya'll don't know nothing about dis right chere... I haven't had this in years...
Lived with my grandma for 5-6 years when I was younger this was the go to snack. I used to make this sauce with mayo, chili garlic, and ponzu for dipping.

My moms used to get this good kind that was done just right not to hard & had a nice chew to it. This with Sprite, 7UP, or ginger ale... :smokin

The burps afterwards were kinda :x though...

We'd get that combo every time we'd go to the Asian market. If it wasn't Sprite, 7Up , or ginger Ale, we'd get some Asian soda but the bottles were small so we'd have to get 2 each.

Never understood why they had the marble thing you had to break that would then fall into the drink. My brother would always be a little paranoid that he'd swallow the marble thing...

After the squid & soda snack, we'd finish that off with 2 boxes each of this... :smokin

That Fresh Off The Boat show ain't got nothing on my memories. LOL. Word to Eddie H though... :smokin

We were really lucky if the Asian market had these...

Last edited:
roll.gif
 that candy! I used to hate that stuff, but I'd keep asking for it till I got the truck toy.

Cosign on your brother's paranoia about the marble thing, it still freaks me out when I drink that soda

Back
Top Bottom