FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Can one of you give me a PHO recipe. I spend so much money on it that I need to make my own

pho one of those things where if you make it at home it prob won' taste as good.

only like $6 a bowl anyway
$8 in SF :smh:.

My girl and I will try to make it homemade...We'll update with pics.

I feel ya.

I haven't had pho once in LA since moving down from SJ. Especially out in West LA, it's all this fusion bistro crap. Charging $10/bowl. foh.

Gotta go out to Westminster to get my fix.

Last edited:
Just had pho & although it was good it can never see homemade pho. The 2 are so different, it's like eating a hand form burger patty vs a fast food burger.
Gdt0huR.jpg

Last edited:
Im about to go get some Gordos on clement right now too. It aint the best, but its good and closeby. :pimp:

yup if you have time to make it, homemade pho > restaurant easily

The amount MSG they use in some of these restaurant just to make their broth good :x :smh:

I use my grandma's recipe. She used to work as cook in Saigon, VN. so her recipe is legit.

Last year someone PM me for the recipe...I just told him I couldn't give it to him :lol:

Last edited:
got about a day and a half in Portland starting tomorrow, what are the spots I should hit up ? I may or may not hit up voodoo doughnuts but looked at their site and nothing really interests me there.

I'm a ma'am
Does that mean I can have two food thread baes?

After all, like food, it's about sharing.

champcruthik champcruthik

How does PB's Cronut compare to the Dominique Ansel ones?
Hey, man. Never had the original. He makes a limited quantity daily and the lines are too long for my taste. Dominique Ansel released his recipe publicly recently, for those bold enough to attempt.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe/home-cronut-recipe-dominique-ansel-25948902

As for Paris Baguette's cronut, bit pricey at $4 a pop. Sweet enough, but not overly done. I believe they have two versions: Lemon-flavored and blueberry based.

I have to rep the Bronx for a moment. Shout out to @Be Easy for showing me around. For starters, in the spirit of St. Patty's Day, An Beal Bocht. Translates to "The Poor Mouth" in Irish. The decor is cozy and homely. Art lines the wall and I even expressed my desire to purchase a piece from the owner. Staff is genuinely friendly as if they were your neighbors from back home. For weekend brunch, you receive a complimentary mimosa or Bloody Mary with your food. The Irish Breakfast was my choice, $8 for the mini-size which isn't mini at all. Or $12 for the full/large portion. Delicious potatoes, eggs cooked to order, savory beans, hearty portions of meats, and toast. I was stuffed and grateful I didn't order the bigger size.

Our next stop was Bronx Ale House. Wide variety of beers offered. Your consummate sports bar. Complimentary popcorn when you sit to accompany your beverages. I would definitely come back for March Madness or a UFC fight.

Proceeded to meet up with friends in Midtown East after a long ride on the 1 train. Redemption was the spot picked. Attractive bartenders we did a round of shots with. $25 beer towers and the food looked pretty good. My friends ordered nachos, wings, and burgers. Typical bar offerings.

Back
Top Bottom