FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I like lettuce on some things but not hot subs or hot sandwiches. But I can do lettuce on burgers and also don't mind slaw if available. We can all agree this is going too far though :lol: ...
Clean-Eats-Turkey-BLT-22Sandwich22.jpg

Question to the Beef Boys.

After "Ribeye Steaks" talk from last week, I want wondering about the concept of freezing steaks.

I don't know the science off-hand but it just seems like that ISN'T the thing to do.

I could understand meat that you are stewing, but for a cut of steak that you are preparing like a Ribeye, isn't freezing a bad idea?

I come in peace.

not a beef boy pause but my thoughts are it’s not ideal

if you flash freeze, package it well, and don’t leave it frozen too long you can get decent results, but they’ll be dryer on average

I froze a flank steak a few weeks ago after making carne asada. interested to see the results from frozen

Successful trip out to Montauk/The Hamptons yesterday.

2 of each at Levain:
0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

Was initially planning on buying pizza at Best Pizza, but they decided to close up shop for a week after I made the hotel reservation, so we ended up going to a spot close to our hotel called Cittanuova.

Fried calamari/zucchini sticks:
0-2.jpg

Meatballs:
0-3.jpg

Diavola (hot soppressata, san marzano tomatoes, oregano, grana padano, mozzarella cheese), and Fughi (wild mushrooms, taleggio cheese, fontina cheese, white truffle oil, parsley) pies:
0-2.jpg

So would you say the Leviathan cookies are worth the $4 each?

No disrespect.

Great, now I need cookies. Hate this thread. Are Insomnia Cookies really good? There's a few in my area. Never tried them but reviews don't look too promising. Debating on trying them or going somewhere else.

Question to the Beef Boys.

After "Ribeye Steaks" talk from last week, I want wondering about the concept of freezing steaks.

I don't know the science off-hand but it just seems like that ISN'T the thing to do.

I could understand meat that you are stewing, but for a cut of steak that you are preparing like a Ribeye, isn't freezing a bad idea?

I come in peace.

Can anyone recommend a decent overall chefs knife/knife to cut meat and veggies and stuff? I'm tired of buying cheap *** knives that get dull after like 2 months.

Can anyone recommend a decent overall chefs knife/knife to cut meat and veggies and stuff? I'm tired of buying cheap *** knives that get dull after like 2 months.

my girl bought me a set of J.A. Henckels from Costco and they're pretty legit. nicest set i've ever owned and not crazy expensive. she was sick of using my Fabreware and Ikea knives :lol:

I have a Tojiro chefs knife and vegetable cleaver. I think they were around $70 each

they’re pretty good. I’ve only sharpened them a couple of times in the 3-4 years I’ve had them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom