FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Had the soba noodle bowl from Panera yesterday. It was aiight. Had the flavor profiles. I hated the way the lil indie dudes made the bowl though. Just haphazardly put the ingredients into the bowl... Hate them lil jogger pant, oxford button down, & roshe wearing b*st*rds :lol:, no craftsmanship whatsoever. :smh:

Tonight we had steak, fresh green beans from a local farm, & lobster/crab ravioli in vodka sauce.

Peruvian home fries, aji amarillo, with peanuts and olives

Kung pao noodles with broc

Pho spiced mushrooms and a biscuit

Waffles with blackberry preserves, sesame butter and ponzu maple syrup

Scrambled poha, spizy chaat salad with harissa

Banana curry ice cream stuffed churros

Was nice enough yesterday to use the grill. My girl had some short ribs marinating for a couple days and it turned out incredible.

Was so nice feeling the heat from the grill and smelling the charcoal again.

Last edited:
Was nice enough yesterday to use the grill. My girl had some short ribs marinating for a couple days and it turned out incredible.

Looks like Bacon. No pics of the finished product?

Looks like Bacon. No pics of the finished product?

That actually looks like kalbi... Wes, did you grill some Korean BBQ ribs? Where ever you got the meats from, they cut it like they do for kalbi...

^
Yeah, they def do. Those are damn good when I hit up the Korean bbq spot. I need to find a place that sells them cut up like that.

^
Yeah, they def do. Those are damn good when I hit up the Korean bbq spot. I need to find a place that sells them cut up like that.

If you go to a decent butcher, they can cut them up for you like that. Just mention you're making Korean BBQ (kalbi) & they may even be psyched about doing it.

If anyone is looking for an easy kalbi recipe, here's one that I've used...

Back
Top Bottom