FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What you gonna do with all that chicken.
The price is a steal but once I eat the breast idk what to do with the rest

Mai G, you are supposed to eat the good parts lol, like the thighs, legs and wings. Wr usually just keep thr left over breast part for chicken salad, or mix it in mayo type of thing for lunch.

Man, I bought 2 Rotisserie Chickens from Costco, so I might not make the ribs just yet. I don't have all of those ingredients though.

I have Soy Sauce, Crush Red Pepper, and Brown Sugar.

What else

What you gonna do with all that chicken.
The price is a steal but once I eat the breast idk what to do with the rest

Great for soup.

Strip em all of meat and use the bones to make stock and etc

She put some ginger, few cloves of garlic, half of a sweet onion, and an asian pear with the skin and seeds removed into a blender then added it to a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, and a little sprite then let the ribs sit for a couple nights. I thought it was great but her mom had some leftovers said it wasn't sweet enough
laugh.gif
. I might have left them on the grill a little too long too but had a nice sear to it, so no harm done.
Marinating some Short Ribs. Will cook Friday. Not going to grill them. You think the griddle is fine?

Soy Sauce

Ginger

Garlic

Black Pepper

Chili Pepper Sauce

Chili Powder

I had short ribs from Costco before, I cooked them in a pan and they came out a little tough and chewy. I braised them the next time.

I'm pretty basic with my marinades.

Usually soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha/red pepper paste, brown sugar, garlic, green onions.

They also sell some pretty dope Korean marinades that you can find at Asian markets.

71H7c9Uw8TL._SY679SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_SH20_.jpg

Love using this with chicken thighs.
YO! I literally just bought this yesterday.... have no idea what to do with it, but figure I can just use it on any meats before grilling no?

Yeah. I usually slice up the chicken or beef and let it marinate for an hour or so.

Moreton Bay Bugs (craw fish, squid, scallops, prawns) from my previous trip in the land down under...

Moreton Bay Bugs (craw fish, squid, scallops, prawns) from my previous trip in the land down under...

Rice looks like cafeteria mash potatoes :lol:

You don't want to overload on the seasoning as it takes away the sweetness of the seafood. Squid needs seasoning though.

Weird seeing seafood platters so white and pale. Especially being from DC. Old Bay on everything.
Its pretty decent as the seafood's fresh and you can taste their natural flavors. I can imagine however its nowhere close to what yall serve out there. Based on what Ive seen from Man vs Food 
laugh.gif

headin to Disneyland next week, any must eats around the area?

I'll have my car, so cities around the area im open to as awell

I did the "bacon weave" yesterday morning for breakfast. Was feeling like a fat kid when I woke up so made that, fried an egg and put both between two Eggo waffles. Was damn good! Only thing was I like really crispy bacon. Should have had the oven at 425 or just kept it in a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom