FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

That actually looks like kalbi... Wes, did you grill some Korean BBQ ribs? Where ever you got the meats from, they cut it like they do for kalbi...

yup it actually is kalbi. My girl is half korean, one of the asian super markets here cut them for her.
I should have taken a picture once everything was done, had the kalbi along with gyoza, asian slaw, and potato salad lol.

yeah you can get them at any korean supermarket. they usually have them in a pan and you pick and bag them yourself.

pay by weight.

my homies one time just stripped the meat and left the bones the owners were pissed :lol:

Chiva :smokin

Vietnamese style Chipotle for lunch today. First time trying this

Not bad...I played it safe and customized it to Bun Thit Nuong
Will go back and try other items

Dinner at the homegirls crib

i got about 120 pics for the from the last month in a half i still need to post..I'll probably do that this weekend

anyone ever had one of these? i always hear NYers talk about them. are they any good? the microwavable ones.

Those golden krust frozen beef patties are nasty. Would rather just get a few from the local pizzerias.

Snow Crab frm Claws n Craws in Hercules, CA

Bowl of Beef Pho frm work

Sausage and Garlic Pizza frm Toto's in Milbrae, CA

Random Pizza frm MOD in Pinole, CA

Seaboard Benedict(shrimp & dungeness crab) frm Griddle Fresh in San Francisco, CA

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes topped with Strawberries frm Griddle Fresh in San Francisco, CA

Bunless stuffed turkey burger topped with chipotle cheese and guac
Salad with garlic Vinaigrette
Watermelon
And a glass of milk

yea it was man. If you have a California pizza kitchen by you I suggest you check it out
Yea there are some here in DC. I might check them out. 
Was nice enough yesterday to use the grill. My girl had some short ribs marinating for a couple days and it turned out incredible.

Was so nice feeling the heat from the grill and smelling the charcoal again.
You inspired me to buy some Short RIbs from Costco today. Any suggestions on what to season/marinate it with? Probably cook it on this griddle inside.

I'm pretty basic with my marinades.

Usually soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha/red pepper paste, brown sugar, garlic, green onions.

They also sell some pretty dope Korean marinades that you can find at Asian markets.

71H7c9Uw8TL._SY679SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_SH20_.jpg

Love using this with chicken thighs.

Last edited:
I'm pretty basic with my marinades.

Usually soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha/red pepper paste, brown sugar, garlic, green onions.

They also sell some pretty dope Korean marinades that you can find at Asian markets.

71H7c9Uw8TL._SY679SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_SX297_SY679_CR,0,0,297,679_SH20_.jpg

Love using this with chicken thighs.
YO! I literally just bought this yesterday.... have no idea what to do with it, but figure I can just use it on any meats before grilling no?

my short rib marinade that I use
soy sauce, red pepper flakes, honey or brown sugar, sesame oil, little bit of mirin
throw ginger, few fresh garlic cloves, an Asian pear sliced up, might throw in another apple like red delicious, and 1 onion into processor. blend until it looks like apple sauce
Then mix in with the soy, red pepper and honey
Then marinade it

Last edited:
Man, I bought 2 Rotisserie Chickens from Costco, so I might not make the ribs just yet. I don't have all of those ingredients though.

I have Soy Sauce, Crush Red Pepper, and Brown Sugar.

What else

Yea there are some here in DC. I might check them out. 

You inspired me to buy some Short RIbs from Costco today. Any suggestions on what to season/marinate it with? Probably cook it on this griddle inside.

She put some ginger, few cloves of garlic, half of a sweet onion, and an asian pear with the skin and seeds removed into a blender then added it to a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, and a little sprite then let the ribs sit for a couple nights. I thought it was great but her mom had some leftovers said it wasn't sweet enough :lol:. I might have left them on the grill a little too long too but had a nice sear to it, so no harm done.

beef patties from the Jamaican spot

if they got the spicy ones, tell them to throw one in coco bread with some cheese.

grab a pineapple soda and you're good for like 4hrs.

microwave ones are no good, unless you get tower isles 

(if you can fry them in a pan even better, thaw them first)

Man, I bought 2 Rotisserie Chickens from Costco, so I might not make the ribs just yet. I don't have all of those ingredients though.

What else

some garlic. u gotta just play around. taste it n go from there. remember sugar tends to burn quick, so make sure u dont do too much

What else

What you gonna do with all that chicken.
The price is a steal but once I eat the breast idk what to do with the rest

Back
Top Bottom