FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Brunch I made over the weekend for the fam. Had leftovers so I recreated it on Monday. Brioche bread was used for the French toast and croissants which is a game changer. Home fries, eggs, skirt steak and Turkey bacon. Mimosas not pictured. Made some hot rum coffee. Also made a mixed berry sauce and a blueberry sauce for the French toast
A7AFD021-2BAB-4976-98CE-C3FC33B85351.jpeg

44E87BE6-1652-412B-95B7-66901D5518DE.jpeg

Rub/marinade is irrelevant. I'm talking about texture.

They were OKAY. Not better than actual frying. Honestly not even crispier than proper cooking in a normal oven on a wire rack.

Just strikes me as a gadget used by people who don't cook that much.

It took me a while to perfect it. My jerk chicken and Korean fried chicken game is on point. I rather have that than greasy *** KFC.

I cook almost daily and the airfrier just became as useful as an oven to me, so that assessment is baseless.

Rub/marinade is irrelevant. I'm talking about texture.

They were OKAY. Not better than actual frying. Honestly not even crispier than proper cooking in a normal oven on a wire rack.

Just strikes me as a gadget used by people who don't cook that much.

You can't replicate that hot oil/grease, along with that classic fry flavor. A healthier alternative, generally speaking. Recently made wings in my air fryer, I used a double fry method out of curiosity, using flour with a touch of cornstach. I was able to get a nice crisp on them. Will post pics later. I have a deep fryer that I don't use. I really don't fry unless it's a cutlet or something. I hate the clean up. I don't use the air fryer on a daily basis, but when I do it's useful

It took me a while to perfect it. My jerk chicken and Korean fried chicken game is on point. I rather have that than greasy *** KFC.

I cook almost daily and the airfrier just became as useful as an oven to me, so that assessment is baseless.
Yea dude clearly doesn't know what he's doing with it. It took me a while to get chicken or anything I made in there to perfection.
What have you done to "perfect it"?

What do you need to do differently in comparison to a conventional oven to achieve this perfection?

Your brother cLeArLy DiDn'T kNoW wHaT hE wAs DoInG wItH iT.

Didn't realize a convection oven where you put food into a slot and set a temperature had so much nuance to it. Maybe Anton can be a part-time culinary school instructor for the air-fryer lessons in between his moonlighting as a part-time cop.

20211006_202723.jpg

Shrimp and chicken stir fry over brown rice

Lol @ people whose palate only involves greasy fried chicken from low income environments not understanding the concept to an air fryer. There's a reason why those joints hirer felons. It's easier to make.

You have to make love to the air frier and choose your ingredients wisely.

Last edited:
You can't replicate that hot oil/grease, along with that classic fry flavor. A healthier alternative, generally speaking. Recently made wings in my air fryer, I used a double fry method out of curiosity, using flour with a touch of cornstach. I was able to get a nice crisp on them. Will post pics later. I have a deep fryer that I don't use. I really don't fry unless it's a cutlet or something. I hate the clean up. I don't use the air fryer on a daily basis, but when I do it's useful

There are tricks to making the chicken or whatever you're making extra crispy. I use the double fry method on my Korean fried chicken.

Obligatory interjection on the topic of fried chicken

Korean fried chicken > Southern fried chicken.

on the subject air fryer, i dont like using it for meat. Just different. But for fries and ish like that, its A1

Back
Top Bottom