FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I can do parm/pecorino on most things. You won't find it in Italy which is fine but I don't see it as much of a problem

I think some of the hard/fast Italian food rules are more to follow tradition than out of necessity today/or because something doesn't pair well

Again I’m not saying putting cheese on fish should never be done but it just doesn’t go well on almost all fish dishes like it does with meat.

Their entire menu is coastal Italian.

But I’m not entirely sure what your grievance is here outside of some obstinate adherence to tradition.
A coastal Italian menu made for a American palette is not the same as a Italian restaurant in Italy. And my grievance is that cheese overpowers fish I’m not talking a bout some lox, shrimp, squid or something fried. I’m talking about some seabass or halibut or salmon. Those are delicate fishes to put something like cheese that’s so overpowering and distinct in taste is a disservice to the protein and basically masks the star of the suppose dish the fish an afterthought

Last edited:
A coastal Italian menu made for a American palette is not the same as a Italian restaurant in Italy. And my grievance is that cheese overpowers fish I’m not talking a bout some lox, shrimp, squid or something fried. I’m talking about some seabass or halibut or salmon. Those are delicate fishes to put something like cheese that’s so overpowering and distinct in taste is a disservice to the protein and basically masks the fish the star of the suppose fish an afterthought
I guess it’s a good thing I never mentioned any of the fishes you were talking about.

But I think that’s enough brain cells for one day. Time for me to move on.

FWIW

Fish is a singular plural

“John caught a fish”
“John caught 5 fish”
“Good thing I never mentioned any of the fish you were talking about”
“You came at me with squid, and those aren’t fish”

Lunch
IMG_20220920_111325~2.jpg

Those rolls are for Americans that use the, "I don't like raw fish" excuse but still want to eat "sushi."
It’s a gateway “roll”.

Most people graduate once they get used to the cold temp, texture, and taste of a sushi roll.

For those that never graduate, if they eat California rolls I sure hope they aren’t bragging about it or posting it.

Back
Top Bottom