FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Block Party Plate
7940A18C-4BF5-4897-B12C-8EABCA9192DC.jpeg
It looks good but beans at a block party?

Were they great?

572E4D64-D202-4898-B5B0-3235E90417B8.jpeg

Tried Toronto’s (maybe Canada’s) 1st wingstop.

$30 15 wings 2 flavours 1 large fry OR veggie stick. 2 ranch or blue cheese. And 2 fountain pops

Got mango habanero which is on their spiciest level but not that spicy

Other flavour was spicy Korean q which is like a spicy honey garlic

It was ok. Better because you don’t have to tip like those old annoying waitresses like other wing spots. Probably cleaner too. No alcohol tho.

I would say it’s mediocre. Maybe a strong 7-7.5 out of 10.

I would probably rather eat Korean fried chicken

572E4D64-D202-4898-B5B0-3235E90417B8.jpeg

Tried Toronto’s (maybe Canada’s) 1st wingstop.

$30 15 wings 2 flavours 1 large fry OR veggie stick. 2 ranch or blue cheese. And 2 fountain pops

Got mango habanero which is on their spiciest level but not that spicy

Other flavour was spicy Korean q which is like a spicy honey garlic

It was ok. Better because you don’t have to tip like those old annoying waitresses like other wing spots. Probably cleaner too. No alcohol tho.

I would say it’s mediocre. Maybe a strong 7-7.5 out of 10.

I would probably rather eat Korean fried chicken
Whats your fav superior chicken spot? I been rocking with chicken plus lately. Got the "hell spicy" the other day and it def delivered on thr spice scale. They werent playing games.

Whats your fav superior chicken spot? I been rocking with chicken plus lately. Got the "hell spicy" the other day and it def delivered on thr spice scale. They werent playing games.
I had hell spicy, it ****** me for a day still lol.

If I had to rank all the ones I’ve had and put them into tiers:

BB.Q Chicken (inside M2M upstairs Yonge/Sheppard, take out only, Galbi Q and Mala Special Spicy is probably the standout flavours. Chicken can be dry sometimes though)
Pelicana (yonge/bloor)
Chicken Plus (midland/finch)
Mymy Chicken (most moist, but can lack flavour )

Dakgogi
The Fry
Chicken in the Kitchen

Home of Hot Taste (yonge/steeles)
Mom’s Chicken (Galleria Supermarket)

I heard there’s also a BB.Q chicken lemon which is a little different but I haven’t tried yet.

I had hell spicy, it ****ed me for a day still lol.

If I had to rank all the ones I’ve had and put them into tiers:

BB.Q Chicken (inside M2M upstairs Yonge/Sheppard, take out only, Galbi Q and Mala Special Spicy is probably the standout flavours. Chicken can be dry sometimes though)
Pelicana (yonge/bloor)
Chicken Plus (midland/finch)
Mymy Chicken (most moist, but can lack flavour )

Dakgogi
The Fry
Chicken in the Kitchen

Home of Hot Taste (yonge/steeles)
Mom’s Chicken (Galleria Supermarket)

I heard there’s also a BB.Q chicken lemon which is a little different but I haven’t tried yet.
That plaza at midland and finch got some dope spots.

I heard Onnuri is pretty good on Pharmacy. The Fry is always solid. Havent been to the other ones but i always seen mymy chicken. Gotta grab some next time i pass by

That plaza at midland and finch got some dope spots.

I heard Onnuri is pretty good on Pharmacy. The Fry is always solid. Havent been to the other ones but i always seen mymy chicken. Gotta grab some next time i pass by
They have like every single bubble tea brand in there lol. Best one is probably TP Tea.

A friend owns a dessert spot in there as well.

They have like every single bubble tea brand in there lol. Best one is probably TP Tea.

A friend owns a dessert spot in there as well.
:lol: ya, and its funny cuz chatime is always mad busy. I think that place is **** tbh.

Which dessert spot?

What kinda block party they serve beans at tho :lol: Should have left

Lentil, Red, chickpea, pigeon peas, boston baked, kidney, soy, fava, don’t matter beans just suck. I Can’t get with that mushy texture

You’re on your own with this one bud. A fire red bean& collard green dish with some honey butter corn bread is tough to beat.

You don’t like chilli cookouts famb? Jamaican red beans & rice? Hummus? Rowan Atkinson is rolling in his grave right now :smh:

Back
Top Bottom