FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What's good with these high egg prices still. Prices of chicken have stabilized to pre pandemic levels except for eggs.

Wait what?

-foe
Yep. Backyard chickens. For years now.
C318B2EB-6508-4B8D-9775-AFD1B8D3A74B.jpeg

Egg production slows a little in the Fall.

How many eggs do y'all eat for breakfast? I used to eat three then cut it to two
I probably average 1 a day. Might go a day or 2 without any, then have 2 in the morning for breakfast and a boiled egg in a salad for lunch or dinner.

-foe

the only difference i think I've tasted is the eggs with the bright orange/red yolk.
Yes, that is true.

Generally speaking, the darker the yolk, the tastier the egg. But it has nothing to do with shell color - it’s more about the chicken’s environment and diet.

Yes, that is true.

Generally speaking, the darker the yolk, the tastier the egg. But it has nothing to do with shell color - it’s more about the chicken’s environment and diet.
On chefs table there was that restaurant in ny who had their own farm. I think the dude fed the chickens a special diet and the yolk ended up bright red and spicy.

On chefs table there was that restaurant in ny who had their own farm. I think the dude fed the chickens a special diet and the yolk ended up bright red and spicy.
I could see it. You’d have to incorporate the spice element into their diet very gradually so their stomachs could adjust but I think it could happen.

We feed our chickens various greens and certain veggies in addition to feed and the people who have eaten them from outside our family have said they taste better than store bought. I think so, but I’m biased.

Back
Top Bottom