FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

You’re on your own with this one bud. A fire red bean& collard green dish with some honey butter corn bread is tough to beat.

You don’t like chilli cookouts famb? Jamaican red beans & rice? Hummus? Rowan Atkinson is rolling in his grave right now :smh:
Na beans just suck. I’ll take the greens and corn bread with out those trash beans, no thanks to hummus and I love Jamaican meats and seasonings no funny stuff b but their rice is terrible. They probably cook rice the worst outta all the Caribbean countries. They ain’t messing with Puerto Rican, Dominican and Cuban rice.
beans n rice always a hit
I’m Dominican. I been getting feed rice and beans in some capacity at least 3-4 times a week my entire life. Always throw the beans out or if it’s a moro I’m picking the beans off my fork idc if it’s at home or a restaurant.

Last edited:
What kinda block party they serve beans at tho :lol: Should have left

Lentil, Red, chickpea, pigeon peas, boston baked, kidney, soy, fava, don’t matter beans just suck. I Can’t get with that mushy texture
I pulled up late after the 1pm games and my next door neighbor is an older Caribbean woman (not sure which country) that just started putting stuff on a plate for me :lol:

Given the number of drinks I had consumed watching the Ravens blow another game, I had no problem eating whatever she was putting in front of me.

I pulled up late after the 1pm games and my next door neighbor is an older Caribbean woman (not sure which country) that just started putting stuff on a plate for me :lol:

Given the number of drinks I had consumed watching the Ravens blow another game, I had no problem eating whatever she was putting in front of me.
I’m glad my Giants ruined your Sunday afternoon.

I'm late to bean appreciation. Never liked them growing up

But they are an elite food in terms of cost and nutrition

Versatile too. Just can't do "baked" / sweet beans

I eat beans is some form multiple times a week, mainly due to my affinity for burritos. But I eat them lots of other ways too.

Brenda be having some awful ones
I usually scroll pass, but for some reason decided to read it today. You know how many rice options they have in Jamaica? Mans had it probably at one spot and just decided all rice from Jamaica is bad. :lol: #NTExtremes

Block Party Plate
7940A18C-4BF5-4897-B12C-8EABCA9192DC.jpeg
Was this song playing during the block party? If not, the block party is incomplete. No offense.

I usually scroll pass, but for some reason decided to read it today. You know how many rice options they have in Jamaica? Mans had it probably at one spot and just decided all rice from Jamaica is bad. :lol: #NTExtremes
Don’t hit as much as Puerto Rican, Dominican or Cuban rice at all with the slight crunch yet fluffy softness. Gotta be that dab(s) of oil they cook the rice with

Don’t hit as much as Puerto Rican, Dominican or Cuban rice at all with the slight crunch yet fluffy softness. Gotta be that dab(s) of oil they cook the rice with
Oil? I'm not saying you can't use oil in it, but generally, it isn't cooked with oil. Where you getting this rice and peas from?

I guess you can use coconut oil but from my experience eating, cooking and watching in Latino restaurants it’s vegetable or olive oil.
Find you a place that has some good shelly rice and peas and then make your judgement. It doesn't sound like you have too much experience with the Jamaican cuisine.

Jamaican food > Dominican food
Not with that garbage rice :lol: . Give me a plate of lechon or pernil with rice and tostones. But I understand the best Dominican restaurants are in the northeast (jersey, nyc, boston) and Florida so if you live in another state I can see why you would say that

I grew up at a young young age eating my great grandmas gandules rice. Never knew it was from my Puerto Rican roots until I grew up and started wanting to have it again. (I moved away when I was super young)

7667F07D-261F-485C-9437-3480FB9CE04C.jpeg
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Arroz con guanlules in Puerto Rico, Moro de guandules in dr. I just take the pigeon peas off mine

Back
Top Bottom