FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

91BE0ADD-196F-408E-93A7-32776C9E8EDB.gif
This is one of my favorite gifs it’s hilarious

Cafeteria food was looked at as "broke" when I was coming up.

The only thing we used to eat was the coffee cakes :lol:
It’s funny you mention that because my wife and son were talking the other day how good those school coffee cakes were. They were legit :lol:

Cafeteria food was looked at as "broke" when I was coming up.

The only thing we used to eat was the coffee cakes :lol:
So you didn’t eat until you got home? I knew a few that would do that but then again they didn’t do any sports. And yeah, the coffee cakes and peanut butter cakes were awesome.

Having worked at hospitals, free lunch at the cafeteria was appreciated.
That’s a nice perk.

As I said above, a lot of hospitals have crappy food, but there are some exceptions that's I've experienced. The giant teaching hospitals in LA like Cedars and UCLA have made an effort to improve their cafeterias in recent years. You can get a variety of made-to-order hot food at both places during regular lunch and dinner hours. I've had some good meals both places. With there being a shortage in the healthcare workforce in a lot of places, having decent food is something places are starting to push as a perk for recruiting purposes.

As I said above, a lot of hospitals have crappy food, but there are some exceptions that's I've experienced. The giant teaching hospitals in LA like Cedars and UCLA have made an effort to improve their cafeterias in recent years. You can get a variety of made-to-order hot food at both places during regular lunch and dinner hours. I've had some good meals both places. With there being a shortage in the healthcare workforce in a lot of places, having decent food is something places are starting to push as a perk for recruiting purposes.

The food in Cedars is nice.

One of my hospitals has a food court with different options including chikfila, dunkin, pizza and a thai restaurant.

Actual hospital cafeteria food, which one of my hospitals does have is almost inedible even for free.

So you didn’t eat until you got home? I knew a few that would do that but then again they didn’t do any sports. And yeah, the coffee cakes and peanut butter cakes were awesome.
My mom made our lunches or brought us fast food during lunch.

Looking back I used to have kids super jelly... eating fries in their face and **** :rofl:

It’s funny you mention that because my wife and son were talking the other day how good those school coffee cakes were. They were legit :lol:
Apparently the recipe hasn't changed since the 70s. My mom found the LAUSD recipe and made it at home. Still great.

My mom made our lunches or brought us fast food during lunch.

Looking back I used to have kids super jelly... eating fries in their face and **** :rofl:

Apparently the recipe hasn't changed since the 70s. My mom found the LAUSD recipe and made it at home. Still great.

Aww man, you got ME jelly :lol:
For real man, you’re lucky.

Back
Top Bottom