FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Feeling good this morning. First breakfast since Saturday. Pretty solid for hospital food. Hoping to get out this biatch today
11935403-7B03-45E9-80EA-41E5335C90D6.jpeg

That's a BOLD wish. It would definitely take even longer to get food with the added chaos that spizike described. Could you imagine how raucous the masses would get during those prolonged waits with some alcohol in their system :lol:
:lol: it would def be chaos but at least i could have something to sip on and entertainment for my 20 minute wait and the extra 5 after they mess up the original order

In Newport Beach, CA there’s a “Taco Bell Cantina” that serves beer.

Pretty sure that’s the only big chain fast food place I’ve encountered that serves booze.

Man.

There’s a cantina here in downtown I went to once and had the craziest TB experience of my life.

First off they had the music on aux from a phone over the speakers. Loud af. Felt like a house party. (I’m not exaggerating) Playin Bay Area slaps all uncensored not caring who came in- kids, Karen’s, didn’t matter.

Second, they serve liquor so my friend was asking about it. They recommended a Baja blast with a few shots in it. Cashier said if you order this and that I’ll plug a free shot too. My boy said f it let’s do it, and he asked if they take tips. Dude said yeah so my boy tipped too.
When I tell you they dropped 3 shots + at least 2 more in this mans Baja freeze, I mean that drink was diabolical. The biggest plug I ever seen, but definitely diabolical.

Third, a homeless lady came in while I was eating and was talking to the cashier. He calls over da female manager. She comes over and her and the homeless woman start yelling at each other. Mac Dre is playing loudly. I’m eating my TB in amazement, and I notice a guy from the middle of the lobby unplug his phone that was charging and walk away. The manager and girl are screaming at each other and start throwin hands in the lobby. Manager wins, homeless lady backin up towards the door takin da 1-2’s clean on da chin. Homeless lady gets shoved outside and is yelling at the door calling the manager names and curse words.

Guy that unplugged his phone came back, with a security jacket on. :lol: Guess he was on break or just chillin? he goes outside the door and just stands there making sure homeless lady doesn’t come back in.

Manager walks behind the line pissed off and continues making food.

Best TB meal experience of my life. Seemed like another day at the cantina.

For clarity- this is all real. :lol:

need someone to leak the security cam footage of this like the draymond punch

It was our Islamic religious holiday of Eid yesterday so we went to one of our favorite Asian fusion spots- Sagar. This is on Union Tpk, Queens. I got potatoe shrimp stripes for appetizers & General tsao for main.

Also pictured are chicken momo, hakka noodles, chicken fried rice, Veggie manchurian & some other dishes. I used an old photo for the storefront.
20230317_203255.jpg
20230628_195817.jpg
20230628_200045.jpg
20230628_200049.jpg
20230628_202322.jpg
20230628_202424.jpg
20230628_202326.jpg

Dinner earlier today at Kandahar Grill in Hicksville, NY. Kandahar is a city in Afghanistan hence the Afghani theme. I went with the beef & chicken kofta over rice & my dad did the chicken Tikka 1 chicken kofta over rice. Not bad food. I saw this spot weeks ago & wanted to give it a shot.

Thing with Afghani restaurants is they don't differ that much from place to place. Afghani cuisine is simple & straightforward- choice of protein/brown rice & sauces, lol. This spot lacked flavor on their rice but the koftas were pretty good. My local spot has much better Afghani food but I'm glad I tried this too.
20230629_175547.jpg
20230629_180002.jpg
20230629_180009.jpg
20230629_180512.jpg
20230629_180935.jpg
20230629_181706.jpg

Dinner earlier today at Kandahar Grill in Hicksville, NY. Kandahar is a city in Afghanistan hence the Afghani theme. I went with the beef & chicken kofta over rice & my dad did the chicken Tikka 1 chicken kofta over rice. Not bad food. I saw this spot weeks ago & wanted to give it a shot.

Thing with Afghani restaurants is they don't differ that much from place to place. Afghani cuisine is simple & straightforward- choice of protein/brown rice & sauces, lol. This spot lacked flavor on their rice but the koftas were pretty good. My local spot has much better Afghani food but I'm glad I tried this too.
20230629_175547.jpg
20230629_180002.jpg
20230629_180009.jpg
20230629_180512.jpg
20230629_180935.jpg
20230629_181706.jpg

Man I love the kinda rice they use. Theres spots in Queens just like you said and all basically similar, and it always looks so simple but the flavors are amazing.

Man I love the kinda rice they use. Theres spots in Queens just like you said and all basically similar, and it always looks so simple but the flavors are amazing.
Their rice is heavenly. Agreed it looks so simple but the flavors are insane. The proteins with the brown rice work so well together. You got to go to my local spot in Fresh Meadows called Bakhtar, I've posted about them here. Hands down the best Afghan food in Queens. You ever wanna go lmk. I took my Ghanaian coworker there & he has been hooked ever since.

Oh & this Kandahar joint didn't even serve them Afghani naan with the food 🤦‍♂️what a ripoff :lol:. They took the Kandahar out of Kandhar grill by doing that, lol.

I would have dominated back in my prime :smh: there was definitely 2-3 years in a row where I had 200+ slices. I was working at a pizza place and I had one pretty much every shift and would take home leftover slices at the end of the night
I might eat less than 20 a year now :frown: :frown:

Back
Top Bottom