FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I come in peace.
i come in peace.
I come in peace.

That's a LOT of sugar in there Moe's.

You got OJ, 4 fruits, AND honey.
Also, is your almond milk unsweetened?

Be careful with thinking that is really healthy. I come in peace.

Some tips here.

appreciate the link. im guilty of just throwing fruits in without considering the sugar intake.

i’ll probably cut out the mango and banana and use chia seeds instead, i was using them more for texture instead of taste.

Been drinking a glass of the Trader Joe cold pressed green juice in the morning. Provides a solid jolt to where I don’t necessarily need coffee until a bit later in the day, if at all.

02DED867-9ED0-4576-B72A-04EB96D9963F.jpeg

Bottomless porta filter has been a nice upgrade

Changing nothing in technique (or coffee) was able to get a better shot

Easier cleanup is a bonus

after watching netflix "what the health" im going vegetarian, well ovo-vegetarian i will consume eggs only.
anyone in here any kind of vegetarian? any tips? also to the poster above how much did that blender cost?
now that i think of it im gonna need a good one that pulverizes celery, i have one but it was like $80 and doesnt
get that fine finish i like.

It’s not hard if you eat asian food a lot. There are a lot of Thai foods and a lot of South Indian foods to eat if you’re trying to eat healthy.

At a basic level:
Rice
Veggies
Some sort of sauce
Lentils

Sandwiches just no meat
Tacos / burritos just no meat
Pizza no meat

it’s actually really easy to be vegetarian. If you’re trying to be vegetarian and super healthy though gotta keep the focus more on asian foods than eating western / American mainstream foods with the meat removed

It’s not hard if you eat asian food a lot. There are a lot of Thai foods and a lot of South Indian foods to eat if you’re trying to eat healthy.

At a basic level:
Rice
Veggies
Some sort of sauce
Lentils

Sandwiches just no meat

Pizza no meat

it’s actually really easy to be vegetarian. If you’re trying to be vegetarian and super healthy though gotta keep the focus more on asian foods than eating western / American mainstream foods with the meat removed
Saying it's easy then saying sandwiches/tacos/burritos "just no meat" is wild to me :lol:

I don't know if you meant "meat substitute"/seafood instead of meat, though. Personally, I just need something in there for the texture/portein/"heft" which I went with the substitutes and fish with the occasional tofu.

Welp, I am currently WELL above that for trailing seven weeks. RIP.

Its a stimulant, it probably stresses out your heart especially if youre not in good cardiovascular shape to begin with. If youre regularly active you can probably get away with it.

The effects after I work out carry over so no need to add more caffiene on top of it, thats just addict behavior at that point.

At a basic level:
Rice
Veggies
Some sort of sauce
Lentils

Sandwiches just no meat
Pizza no meat

Horrible promotion of a vegetarian lifestyle. Who would sign up for it after THAT PSA. :lol:

I am back on my coffee steez indefinitely :ohwell: I have never really loved it but I need the caffeine on a daily basis again.

What’s y’alls coffee/caffeine time cutoff?

Lunchtime for me. I’m up all night if it’s even mid afternoon.

Sandwiches with no meat is bread

Horrible promotion of a vegetarian lifestyle. Who would sign up for it after THAT PSA. :lol:

Well, that's why I asked because I was coming in peace and saying it respectfully. I think there are levels to it but saying to go from Turkey Club BLTs with avocado to sandiwiches with lettuce , tomato and avocado overnight would be insanely difficult IMO. I personally think that barring a medical mandate, it would probably make sense to ease into a "full vegetarian" or w/e you want to call it diet/lifestyle. Otherwise it may be too drastic of a change that will turn you off.

Its a stimulant, it probably stresses out your heart especially if youre not in good cardiovascular shape to begin with. If youre regularly active you can probably get away with it.

The effects after I work out carry over so no need to add more caffiene on top of it, thats just addict behavior at that point.

I am regularly active which is why I think I can get away with it. I am assuming you work out in the AM too? How much sleep are you getting? I think the latter question is a major part too.

Well, that's why I asked because I was coming in peace and saying it respectfully. I think there are levels to it but saying to go from Turkey Club BLTs with avocado to sandiwiches with lettuce , tomato and avocado overnight would be insanely difficult IMO. I personally think that barring a medical mandate, it would probably make sense to ease into a "full vegetarian" or w/e you want to call it diet/lifestyle. Otherwise it may be too drastic of a change that will turn you off.

I guess the issue would be the promotion of the high carb lifestyle. If I am trying to convert someone, I damn sure ain't mentioning MUCH weaker versions of popular foods.

That would be like me trying to get someone to become a fan of basketball and I give them tapes of community college games.

Most people I know that converted ended up eating more recklessly than they did when they were taking the meats.

Back
Top Bottom