FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

that mountain dew myth had us in a chokehold :lol:

i remember during my 8th grade sex ed unit my science teacher specifically said “please do not think that just because you drink mountain dew, you can have unprotected sex.”
:lol:It def did. It's all everybody at school talked about for days on end. Our young impressionable minds didn't know what to do with the information overload, lol. Still drank that ****, haha.

I wonder if your sex ed teacher was speaking from experience 🤔, lol.

southern-tomato-sandwich-14.jpg

It's that time of year again

Can you give some examples? I am genuinely interested because I am open to trying them out :lol:
A friend of mine does not eat meat and occasionally eat cheese. She had the below sandwich from a local bakery out here minus the meat (proof bakery). She said it was phenomenal. Based on here high review I decided to make a pizza with peach as a topping and it was pretty good.

Had a lemongrass tofu banh mi the other day that was good as he’ll.

I also like the egg sandwich from Druthers with the fried shallots and da spicy mayo.

A friend of mine does not eat meat and occasionally eat cheese. She had the below sandwich from a local bakery out here minus the meat (proof bakery). She said it was phenomenal. Based on here high review I decided to make a pizza with peach as a topping and it was pretty good.

Good looking out fellas! This gives me some things to keep an eye out for because whenever I see (v) on a sandwich menu, I am usually like
triple-h-disgusted.gif

:lol:

Saying it's easy then saying sandwiches/tacos/burritos "just no meat" is wild to me :lol:

I don't know if you meant "meat substitute"/seafood instead of meat, though. Personally, I just need something in there for the texture/portein/"heft" which I went with the substitutes and fish with the occasional tofu.

I don’t know what to tell you. I eat cheese pizza, burritos without meat, and sandwiches without meat and they taste absolutely great to me. Taste buds evolve over time. I absolutely hate having to eat those three foods with meat in them tastes turrible to me.

Damn man, I said I just started drinking coffee again, not that I drink it like water :lol: I literally just re-started on Monday but had a cup at 2:15PM yesterday so I thought it would throw my sleep off but I ended up going out like a light with minimal disruptions :pimp:
I was completely kidding with the lipid panel reply. Whole reply was a parody of how people are like 'Worry about this. Worry about that.' I was sarcastically saying 'You know what? Screw it. Worry about everything. Carbs, cholesterol, lipid panel, worry about all of it.' 😂😂😂😬

I don’t get what’s so hard about making a really good burger at home it’s the easiest thing.

Fire up the grill
Cook for 5-7 mins a high quality patty
Mayo/butter a bun grill that up 30 seconds
lettuce
tomato
onion
secret sauce

Even making fries at home is easy. Like most things I can’t make better at home like pasta, pizza, etc it requires some skill. Burgers tho is like putting together absolute basics.

You think the gap between your pasta and restaurant pasta is worth overpriced pasta dishes?

I refuse to order pasta dishes while out (for the most part) because I just feel cheated because what I can make won't bring me that less joy.compared to theirs.

You think the gap between your pasta and restaurant pasta is worth overpriced pasta dishes?

I refuse to order pasta dishes while out (for the most part) because I just feel cheated because what I can make won't bring me that less joy.compared to theirs.

true agreed on the pasta. It’s the stuff that goes with it like the salad, bread, calamari etc that makes it a nice eating out meal for me. The pasta dish can definitely be replicated at home…i like basic pasta anyways.

Back
Top Bottom