FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

As a Californian, I do get jealous of you East Coasters being able to hop a train and get to another major city in like an hour or less. That’s pretty cool.

Hopping a train from LA to say, Bakersfield, doesn’t have quite the same cache as being able to go from NYC to Philly or DC or vice versa.
I see what you mean. And yeah, it's kind of nice to live driving distance or a train ride distance away from other major cities. You guys are what, 5 hours away from Phoenix, Las Vegas & a bit more from Denver & Portland? I'm all about road trips & still have another 2 weeks before my vacation wraps up so just trying to get out there on some spots around the East Coast & make the most of it. I'm also trying to do some off the beaten path stuff here at home.

My NY NT fam….. have you been to this spot

I haven't been but I've heard a lot about it & pretty much all good things. I believe they are just about to open up their 2nd location in Queens very soon. Their prices are a bit wild but I guess it's understandable since it's custom pizza mostly. It's on my pizza hit list & I'll be getting to it in due time.
Peter Pan is a staple. I’ve had their donuts since I moved to the US in the early 90s and grew up in Greenpoint. Place is a NY institution.
Oh so they've been around a while then. It smelled like heaven in there. Glad I tried it out. You guys in Brooklyn have all the legit food & cultural spots man :pimp: .

I haven't been but I've heard a lot about it & pretty much all good things. I believe they are just about to open up their 2nd location in Queens very soon. Their prices are a bit wild but I guess it's understandable since it's custom pizza mostly. It's on my pizza hit list & I'll be getting to it in due time.

Oh so they've been around a while then. It smelled like heaven in there. Glad I tried it out. You guys in Brooklyn have all the legit food & cultural spots man :pimp: .

Place been around way before I ever moved to the US. I think it opened in the 60s or 70s.

IMG_8878.jpeg

Taylor ham potatoes (from a can) eggs and cheez

Today my pizza adventures have brought me back to good 'ole Massachusetts. I've been wanting to try Florina's in Boston & also Belmont Pizza in Belmont, Mass.

Went to Florina first. Looking at the slices in the display it looked like they were cut in half & small so I got 3 regulars which turned out to be massive as they were Uncut & massive + one sicilian slice. The regular was excellent, thin with a super crispy dough & delicious cheese. Florina was good but nothing compared to my all time favorite in Boston- Regina's.

Belmont got an 8.1 on one bit but honestly that's a low score. I give it an 8.7. The owner was ecstatic when he asked me what my score was, super friendly dude. I love the old-school charm in there. They have their old menus with the letters & #'s on it. I enjoyed both spots. Pics of the city, Boston Common Park & some beautiful fall foliage driving through CT & MA.
20231016_104615.jpg
20231016_104548.jpg 20231016_115738.jpg
20231016_122500.jpg
20231016_122526.jpg
20231016_123934.jpg
20231016_124135.jpg
20231016_124215.jpg
20231016_133453.jpg
20231016_133529.jpg

Saw this on my kindle group and cringed. I get people eat in their cars in not personally a fan but this seemed too messy.
IMG_0015.jpeg
I’m a stickler for eating in my truck casually. Only time it’s allowed is on a road trip and even then I’ll stop and eat inside if time allows.

Just never understood the carelessness of it all. You’re almost guaranteed to make your car dirtier by doing it. Same as eating food in your bed.

Today my pizza adventures have brought me back to good 'ole Massachusetts. I've been wanting to try Florina's in Boston & also Belmont Pizza in Belmont, Mass.

Went to Florina first. Looking at the slices in the display it looked like they were cut in half & small so I got 3 regulars which turned out to be massive as they were Uncut & massive + one sicilian slice. The regular was excellent, thin with a super crispy dough & delicious cheese. Florina was good but nothing compared to my all time favorite in Boston- Regina's.

Belmont got an 8.1 on one bit but honestly that's a low score. I give it an 8.7. The owner was ecstatic when he asked me what my score was, super friendly dude. I love the old-school charm in there. They have their old menus with the letters & #'s on it. I enjoyed both spots. Pics of the city, Boston Common Park & some beautiful fall foliage driving through CT & MA.
20231016_104615.jpg
20231016_104548.jpg 20231016_115738.jpg
20231016_122500.jpg
20231016_122526.jpg
20231016_123934.jpg
20231016_124135.jpg
20231016_124215.jpg
20231016_133453.jpg
20231016_133529.jpg
Check out pizza Roma in Watertown if you’re still in the Belmont area, it’s the next town over.
You should give some Greek style pizza a shot too while you’re in Boston. Most places with “xyz house of pizza” are Greek style. My spot growing up was JP house of pizza

easily

but nah this trip was booked! I had mentioned it before in here (or the pizza thread) :lol:

I do recall you mentioning in here that you were headed back around the holidays and would be putting up numbers during the trip. I just thought it would be in November/December, not October :lol:

Looking forward to your pics and the updated count :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom