FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not sure how you are getting lost here.

You have to PREPARE (make) a PBJ sandwich right?

I am not talking about meal prepping for the week.

Again, if a PBJ isn't a quick and easy meal to PREPARE , what would you call it.

Answer the question.
Easy, yes. Quick, no. Yes, a person that regularly eats pbj sandwiches, could break out the bread, the peanut butter, the jelly, the butter knife, spread the peanut butter, spread the jelly, put the sandwich on plate or napkin, clean the butter knife, put up/throw away the plate/napkin, put up the bread, the peanut butter and the jelly, if you have children, multiply that process by however many children you have...or just buy pack of premade joints and keep it moving. "Lazy" is a bit much.

Easy, yes. Quick, no. Yes, a person that regularly eats pbj sandwiches, could break out the bread, the peanut butter, the jelly, the butter knife, spread the peanut butter, spread the jelly, put the sandwich on plate or napkin, clean the butter knife, put up/throw away the plate/napkin, put up the bread, the peanut butter and the jelly, if you have children, multiply that process by however many children you have...or just buy pack of premade joints and keep it moving. "Lazy" is a bit much.

How long does it take you to make a PBJ sandwich?

Also under what time threshold does a meal need to take to be considered quick?

ONE sandwich.

How long does it take you to make a PBJ sandwich?

Also under what time threshold does a meal need to take to be considered quick?

ONE sandwich.
You tell me. You're declared it too quick and easy to be worthy of prepackaging and those who partake are lazy. :lol:

You tell me. You're declared it too quick and easy to be worthy of prepackaging and those who partake are lazy. :lol:
Of course. Avoid the question.

You got it Though.

Like I said, there was no way you could (with a straight face) consider making a PBJ anything other than quick AND easy.

If it takes you more than 2 minutes to make a PB&J you should honestly give up on life.
Dry *** sandwich.

I guess I didn't post these two questions. tr1ll tr1ll

How long does it take YOU to make a PBJ Sandwich?
I never timed myself or even looked at the time before and after making a pbj sandwich so I cant tell you exactly but I am very peculiar with my peanut butter spread. I need it to cover the entire surface of both slices for bread and thick enough so when I bite into it, it looks like jelly is coming out of the peanut butter..if that makes sense. Crunchy peanut butter >*

Dry *** sandwich.

I never timed myself or even looked at the time before and after making a pbj sandwich so I cant tell you exactly but I am very peculiar with my peanut butter spread. I need it to cover the entire surface of both slices for bread and thick enough so when I bite into it, it looks like jelly is coming out of the peanut butter..if that makes sense. Crunchy peanut butter >*

:lol: I still don't see how any of what you said makes it NOT a quickly made meal but cool.

2 parts of the recipe:

Traditionally, you would want to make tandoori chicken or tandoori marinade. I got the spices from the Desi Supermarket.
You need to marinate the chicken first for at least 30 mins or overnight. I did mine for 3 hours.

Cut boneless chicken thighs into cubes then mix with:

1 tsp Lemon Juice
½ cup low-fat Desi yogurt
2-3 tsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
Crushed black pepper
1 tbsp oil

In a pan - medium heat, add oil, then fry the marinated chicken pieces until charred or brown; once done, place it aside.

Base recipe:
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
1 tomato paste
3 large tomatoes diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp honey
1 cinnamon
2 green chilies (deseed & cut)
1/2 tbsp kasuri methi crushed
1 tsp salt
4 cloves
3 green cardamoms

In the same pan as the chicken, add 2 tbsp butter, sauté onions and chilies until golden.

Add tomato paste and sauté until a brown-red color. Then add tomatoes and sauté (5-7 mins). Another option is to put it in a blender until it's puree. You want it smooth.

Add cinnamon, cloves, and cardamoms. Turn off the heat and stir in the chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Add salt to flavor. Sauté. Add 1/2 cup of water. Stir/Simmer until smooth. Add cream and honey (some people add sugar).

Taste - add butter and salt as needed.

Add kasuri methi. Stir until thick. (Add water as needed for quantity).

Garnish with Cilantro and Yogurt. I use sour cream instead of yogurt for garnishment.

Thanks. I have most of these spices in stock I'll give it a try. The butter ratio and spicy level is probably what ill have to mess around with.

Dry *** sandwich.

A real Picasso with the PB

IMG_1318.jpeg

Grown men arguing about PB&J

Wouldn't have it any other way in here :lol:
This is exactly what makes this thread worthy of following, lol. Who would've thought something as innocent & beloved as PB could set the thread on fire? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom