FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Do y’all think oranges are underrated or overrated as a fruit?

I think underrated.

For as common as they are I feel like oranges get more recognition as a juice.

They don’t get as much praise as Strawberries, which are overrated imo.

They aren’t tropical or exotic like pineapples

When’s the last time y’all ATE an orange?

I am sure I've eaten at least 10 oranges this month. I KEEP them in the fridge. Navels, Blood Red, Mandarins.

Oone of the most common phrases used in our language is, "It's like comparing apples and oranges."

But yea, TO ME they are properly rated.

Data suggests the juice is highly popular as well. (WHich I know you mentioned)

I just know I see them served more than any fruit for student lunches other than bananas.

USDA ERS - Chart Detail https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/chart-gallery/gallery/chart-detail/?chartId=58322

Last edited:
Where did you get it from? Got one for Christmas for the same reason, and it's worked out great so far

Got the Weber brand one. I didn't do much research prior. Claimed 25% off but still kinda expensive for what it is

Have you noticed a lot more grease build up in the grill? Cleaning is my only concern. Assuming it'll need done much more frequently

What makes them overrated IYO?
A good strawberry is good but I feel like they are far and few between based on the way they’re shipped.

They’re usually covered in bugs which people don’t realize.

Probably due to factory farming and soil quality a lot of strawberries are either flavourless or sour. Which is why strawberry banana is a common pairing as it balances out the flavours.

When they’re overripe the texture is slimy and disgusting.

The colour makes you think they’re gonna be much better than they actually are.

I feel like kids have been brainwashed to like strawberry from an early age.

Don’t get me wrong a good shiny aromatic strawberry with firm texture that’s clean is good. But in the fruit echelon they’re kinda mid pack

A good strawberry is good but I feel like they are far and few between based on the way they’re shipped.

They’re usually covered in bugs which people don’t realize.

Probably due to factory farming and soil quality a lot of strawberries are either flavourless or sour. Which is why strawberry banana is a common pairing as it balances out the flavours.

When they’re overripe the texture is slimy and disgusting.

The colour makes you think they’re gonna be much better than they actually are.

I feel like kids have been brainwashed to like strawberry from an early age.

I can agree with all of these points.

Especially the last one of children being brainwashed into loving them at an early age.

Maybe because red is such a popular color to kids and that is the most red fruit? I don't know but I agree with you.

Oranges are the best!

Orange
Pineapples
Kiwis
Strawberrys. I mess with strawberrys, or I should say I USE Strawberries. Yes, I know how to clean them.

There are a couple of farm shops around here that have amazing strawberries - but only for a few months. They're huge and bright red and really tasty.

One has a vending machine so you can just go and get them anytime.

1718285653532.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom