FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Went to this Pakistani restaurant in Westbury, Long Island Saturday called Karahi Adda. Karahi is the name of the deep circular cooking pot. This was some of the best Paki food I've ever had especially the chicken malai tikka. It was so soft tender & juicy.

We had the head chef/owner whip us up a custom kebab karahi & he was more than happy to oblige. Really nice guy & damn he can cook. I'll definitely be back soon. I want to try some of the veggie karahi as well.
20240719_182733.jpg
20240719_184735.jpg
20240719_184916.jpg
20240719_185909.jpg
20240719_185921.jpg
20240719_191319.jpg
20240719_191313.jpg
20240719_191319.jpg
20240719_191330.jpg
20240719_191332.jpg
20240719_191357(0).jpg

What I'm saying is why would anyone choose hand washing over a dish washer.

It was literally built to save time.

Why did it take you so long to embrace the sounds of gushing water jets?

So for those that use the dishwasher regularly, do you just load it right after you use each individual dish?

Or do you wait until your sink is filled before transitioning them into the dishwasher?

I am trying to get better @ using mine.

For Caribbean ice cream shops, check out Taste the Tropics on Nostrand Avenue. There's also another shop on the same avenue, Mr. P's Ice Cream, which also serves Caribbean-based flavors(beet root, soursop, baileys, charcoal etc) that are all vegan.
Thank you. Saving this for next time. We use to buy taste the tropics in the supermarket.

Since I have your attention. What’s the best Pattie and coco bread spot?

So for those that use the dishwasher regularly, do you just load it right after you use each individual dish?

Or do you wait until your sink is filled before transitioning them into the dishwasher?

First time having a dishwasher (loving it). Sometimes I wait until the sink pile up. Other times if the sink is empty, I’ll put it in the dishwasher to keep the sink clear.

Thank you. Saving this for next time. We use to buy taste the tropics in the supermarket.

Since I have your attention. What’s the best Pattie and coco bread spot?
Unfortunately, those are becoming very scarce these days with all the gentrification happening and the owners' inability to find people willing to carry on the business. Tropical house on Schenectady is good. Tastee's on Church Avenue is good as well.

I wait till Im done cooking and eating, rinse the dishes(sometimes with dishwashing liquid if is something really greasy or sticky) and then load it up. If its not full, I wont turn it on. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days to fill it up.

For dishwasher protocol it’s soak the dishes while I’m eating, rinse and load after I’m finished, then run it once it’s full.

As mentioned above, sometimes it takes a few days to fill it up. I’ll sometimes pull something out of the dishwasher and hand-wash it if I need it before I’m gonna run it.

I wait till Im done cooking and eating, rinse the dishes(sometimes with dishwashing liquid if is something really greasy or sticky) and then load it up. If its not full, I wont turn it on. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days to fill it up.
This is the way.

Starting to fill up much quicker now that I have kids. And even if it’s not necessarily completely full, sometimes it’s just easier to run it because all the kids stuff has so many components.

Get off my TL DC! :lol:

Them fools said all that just to name the other flavors of black people tacos. Oh a picadillo is a thing so...

Back
Top Bottom