FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW: THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULDN'T GET TATTOOS

Christians, think of tattoos as putting up wallpaper in God's temple
pimp.gif

If you are tatted you definitely don't know much about your religion. Either that or you don't care.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by cap1229

I'm done...Putty, do you bruh.

You really didn't have to call him to the table. It's about to get disrespectful.
Such as wishing other nters to die?

are you expecting me to apologize for that comment now like I did then...oh wait

I regret nothing. I paid for that in my screen name.

You really didn't have to call him to the table. It's about to get disrespectful.

are you expecting me to apologize for that comment now like I did then...oh wait

Poor you.
tired.gif
 The mods should have known that Jesus died for your past, present, and future transgressions. Don't you go apologizing for your convictions!

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Poor you.
tired.gif
 The mods should have known that Jesus died for your past, present, and future transgressions. Don't you go apologizing for your convictions!

laugh.gif
just like an atheist. Jesus has nothing to do with this. I said what I said and had consequences AND isn't free will and choice a great thing.
smile.gif

Poor you.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
just like an atheist. Jesus has nothing to do with this. I said what I said and had consequences AND isn't free will and choice a great thing.
smile.gif
IDK man 
ohwell.gif
 God knew you were going to type that out even though he would probably rather you not. And he let you even though he supposedly could stop you. And then he let you get punished for it. Pretty lame. Free will sounds like a hollow excuse for a god that doesn't do much.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

If you are tatted you definitely don't know much about your religion. Either that or you don't care.
That goes back to people just following instead of doing their own research. My favorite is seeing people with crosses/"jesus" tatted on them 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by mco85

• Put to death men and women who commit adultery. Though I did manage to figure out a way to stone adulterers. One adulterer in particular. A grumpy seventysomething man I met in the park. I used pebbles. 

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]From AJ Jacobs' The Year of Living Biblically.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
roll.gif
That description is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

sillyputty wrote:

It is not a sin to get a tattoo. 
A few verse down from the verse OP posted it said you cant wear a shirt with two textures, no polyester cotton blends.

_____

Out of all the shouldn'ts in the bible he picks this one 
laugh.gif
It is a sin to get a tattoo. Did you not read the rule?

And you can't grow crops in the same field or weird blends of fibers. 

Its not picking and choosing. Its whats written in the bible. 

You mean to tell me that you pick and choose what to follow?
You are not a believer so I dont see why you are here
tired.gif

but for anyone else 

Rom 6:14

Rom 7 1-6

At the end of the day pray about it.

"Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial"

You're delusional. This thread isn't for believers.
laugh.gif

So if the bible states thou shalt not get tattoos, (rhetorically speaking) what does the bible say about the hundreds of thousands of priests sexually assaulting little boys & girls?

Originally Posted by psk2310

So if the bible states thou shalt not get tattoos, (rhetorically speaking) what does the bible say about the hundreds of thousands of priests sexually assaulting little boys & girls?

Oh I think that's supposed to be okay, as long as you repent.

- ruh roh....

*EDIT*

...6 pages and no sillyputty yet?

*EDIT #2*

- nvm, i see sillyputty on the 2nd page.

sillyputty wrote:

It is not a sin to get a tattoo.�
A few verse down from the verse OP posted it said you cant wear a shirt with two textures, no polyester cotton blends.

_____

Out of all the�shouldn'ts�in the bible he picks this one�
laugh.gif

And you can't grow crops in the same field or weird blends of fibers.�

Its not picking and choosing. Its whats written in the bible.�

tired.gif
,�
but for anyone else�

Rom 7 1-6

360eav.jpg

You broke a rule written in your religion book. The hell are you praying for?

laugh.gif
You PLANNED to break the rule. If I was god, I'd send your tail to hell anyways. So you can break rules and just say some magic words now?

And on top of that, why are you, as a woman, teaching me about the bible?

Are you not familiar with the following passage?

WKGg6.png

are you expecting me to apologize for that comment now like I did then...oh wait�

Poor you.�
tired.gif
�The mods should have known that Jesus died for your past, present, and future transgressions. Don't you go apologizing for your convictions!

laugh.gif
�just like an atheist. Jesus has nothing to do with this. I said what I said and had consequences AND isn't free will and choice a great thing.�
smile.gif
35o2qm.jpg

Free will is great? Especially when you break rules in the bible?

For your sake, why don't we stone you for having premarital sex? Thats pretty unambiguous. Unless you want to ignore that part too.

Ignoring bible passages doesn't make them go away.

360bu0.jpg

So if the bible states thou shalt not get tattoos, (rhetorically speaking) what does the bible say about the�hundreds of thousands�of priests sexually assaulting little boys & girls?

God is cool with molestation, just don't eat seafood.�
laugh.gif

How did god know how many days had passed, before the sun was made on the 4th day?

How did god create light on the 1st day, but the light source, on the 4th day?

Did god take the various forms of bacteria and archaea and single celled Eukaryotes on the arc?

Building Noah's Ark was very difficult. Here are some of the problems he encountered.

One of the boats the first captives arrived on to travel to America was called Jesus.

Christianity has murdered millions of people all in the name of Christ.

The Bible also talks about looking upon women with lust already in your heart. Which would make every female appreciation thread on niketalk an instrument of Satan.

Don't pick out certain passages in the Bible to suit a particular need. Sin is sin.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Poor you.�
tired.gif
�The mods should have known that Jesus died for your past, present, and future transgressions. Don't you go apologizing for your convictions!

laugh.gif
smile.gif

For your sake, why don't we stone you for having premarital sex? Thats pretty unambiguous. Unless you want to ignore that part too.

laugh.gif

I regret nothing to this day and I would type it again if I knew I wouldn't get snitched on by you and your gang of merry atheists.

King James distorted the truth.

Religion is like the opiate of the masses.

When you can show me where Jesus said he was a Christian then I will trust you. When you prove to me that the missionaries who entered Africa wanted peace for the continent then I will trust you. When you tell me the color of Jesus doesn't matter, but yet and still you circulate the white image of Christ to the masses for a psychological motive then I know in my heart something is wrong. When the black Modonna and Christ is not venerated here in the states as in Europe, where for centuries that was the norm then I know there is grand conspiracy at work.

Dudes talking about tattoo's when the Bible gives all kinds of dietary laws that should be practiced but I doubt you follow the dietary law. If you're not following each and every commandment given by the most high then why judge others? You are not without sin yourself.

^i agree, but most of those food practices back then were more for just good health, most not so directly related w/sin.
my studies have lead me to stay away from pork and body markings tho... *rolls another one

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So honestly, who will go to Heaven? Oh yea I forgot, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and truly be sorry right? I don't see how God will allow his folks to pass this test without a 100 point curve.

35n4zv.jpg

Its too EASY to get to Heaven.

You mean to tell me Stephen Hawking is going to hell but Hitler is in heaven? 

Pass.

If all I gotta do is say some funky words and god lets me in them i'm outta there. Plus all the interesting people go to hell anyways. What do I look like sitting around "praising" god like a damn serf? I'm not a minion of some other person's existence. I've got my own autonomy to worry about. No wonder they all love calling jesus your "Shepard" 

...The willingness to be a sycophant?  DISGUSTING.

You're no better than willing peasants...but at least during the royal monarchies of the past you could SEE the King. 
laugh.gif

Too easy to get to Heaven?? How? I'll actually read the walls of text in your reply.

If a deathbed conversion is all it takes for mass murderers to be christian, then I don't want to be in your religion.
According to your religion, I will be sent to hell even if I do good all my life but don't believe in YOUR god. 

So it doesn't matter what I do with my life in your eyes, only that I believe in your god. Thats ridiculous. 

On top of that, people do all sorts of stupid things and then want to pray about it as if that changes anything. Its a mental delusion people use to cover up their tracks. Its the same as not stepping on cracks in the sidewalk. God I stole a bike...but you know how I needed to get around on campus. You know my heart. God I killed all those people...FOR YOU...thank you jesus! 

Did you ever notice how Jesus or god never gets called in to testify for all the people who claim to have done things on their behalf?

Religion isn't even a valid excuse in court. 

I've never seen a judge say, "well god told you to rape all those little kids so...I guess its cool then. You're free to go!"

And whats up with God only talking to believers? Seems like god only wants to talk to people that already believe in it. its kinda selfish that you all get to hoard him up to yourselves. Why doesn't he speak to the rest of us? It would be so easy for him to prove himself. 

And how do you know that god spoke to you and not your own thoughts? Where do you draw the line? 

If you blame god for your successes, then you have to blame it for your failures. So in essence, you're not in control of anything at all. Unless you think you are. Where do you draw the line?

If everyone in heaven is living in bliss, do we have servants? Does everything that ever died live there? So if everything that ever lived is up there, then how is it any different from what we have now? Grass? Insects? Bacteria? Rabid dogs? All of those are alive now in heaven? 

What if you're not satisfied with the type of life you have in heaven? Do you get to complain about anything? Do you even get to have an opinion? 

laugh.gif
smile.gif

laugh.gif

I regret nothing to this day and I would type it again if I knew I wouldn't get snitched on by you and your gang of merry atheists.

I'm sorry for READING your bible. Its not like I made anything up. 
35puhe.jpg

Pardon me, I have to brush on on skills to beat my slaves, without killing them. I also need to go gather some stones for your pre-marital sex trial later this week. 

Again little lady, I don't think you're reading your bible: 

WKGg6.png

cHL3p.png

GP3X6.png

9FUwc.png

God told you to be quiet. Why do you keep talking? Its not me talking. God wants it this way. If you want to be a christian more than an American, by all means, please do so. I'm not being misogynistic, the bible says this clearly.

If I ask you to do something, you will do it. 

I wonder why these were left out of the bible? ::

NJu5P.png

Originally Posted by aThievinGenIus

^i agree, but most of those food practices back then were more for just good health, most not so directly related w/sin. 
my studies have lead me to stay away from pork and body markings tho... *rolls another one
So why didn't god give them the ability to pasteurize their food? Or Germ theory? Or ways to preserve their seafood and meat?
I guess god was too busy being created by human hands during that time period instead of being forwarding thinking enough to predict that electricity would be harnessed. 

Modern christians can't cling to the bible when they ignore so much of it but claim that all of it is true. 

Why do the first 4 of the ten commandments recognize another god and have NOTHING to do with any sort of laws at all? 

sillyputty wrote:

And you can't grow crops in the same field or weird blends of fibers.�

Its not picking and choosing. Its whats written in the bible.�

tired.gif
,�
but for anyone else�

Rom 7 1-6

You broke a rule written in your religion book. The hell are you praying for?

laugh.gif
You PLANNED to break the rule. If I was god, I'd send your tail to hell anyways. So you can break rules and just say some magic words now?

And on top of that, why are you, as a woman, teaching me about the bible?

Are you not familiar with the following passage?

WKGg6.png

laugh.gif
 Didnt have to get my bible, those are my fave verses, I love pork.
I wasnt speaking to you, notice how I said "anyone else". 

If thats how you want to see that verse dont listen to me 

Good day

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom