For Those Of You That Met Your BF/GF Online, Do You Lie About Where You Met Them?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't see where the shame lies in meeting someone online. It's a completely acceptable meeting-place.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I don't see where the shame lies in meeting someone online. It's a completely acceptable meeting-place.

I disagree. I would say meeting someone online gives off the impression you are a social recluse and also gives of a creepy vibe. It is taboo in our society for a reason.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

I disagree. I would say meeting someone online gives off the impression you are a social recluse and also gives of a creepy vibe. It is taboo in our society for a reason.
You think this still holds true nowadays?

Personally I think its socially exceptable. Hell I met my wife online 10 years ago- even back then there wasn't a problem with it. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

dwight_schrute-767272.jpg

False.

It hasn't been "taboo" ever. You're probably just using the word wrong. Meeting people online IS socially acceptable and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In the beginning it started with those stupid chatrooms and I do agree that in the beginning, it was a place for socially awkward people to meet socially awkward people, but everyone uses the internet. Dating has gone digital. Maybe you're too young to really understand the dating scene, but it gets old quick. I personally have never tried online dating but a number of my friends, male and female, have used it and have met some great people.

It's funny that meeting people online was usually reserved for the "social recluse" that "gives off a creepy vibe", but now, the people who try it are considered open-minded.

I agree with this man Lorenza

I believe as time goes by and for future generations it wont be as shameful.
We havent reached that point yet, so expect to get clowned on.
Even though shes probably the coolest girl EVAR.

can't see myself hating on or judging someone for meeting their gf or bf online...i mean who really cares where you meet them. it probably happens more often than people think.

if u meet the person in person in a public place, just say that's where you met

Originally Posted by oidreez

if u meet the person in person in a public place, just say that's where you met
So in other words you would be embarrassed to tell someone you met your woman online?

OP be coming with the dumbest posts ever..
why would you be ashamed of where you met the person if you like the person.
homeboy always comin thru with the "holier than thou" tip..cool guy

Originally Posted by jgalan713

OP be coming with the dumbest posts ever..
why would you be ashamed of where you met the person if you like the person.
homeboy always comin thru with the "holier than thou" tip..cool guy

laugh.gif
no he doesn'. Dude seem like a regular dude interesting in hearing opinions of other people about socially pertinent subjects of discussion.

dude quoted you and didnt even take the time to type ur name right..
he ref. to you as Lorenza..wth?

btw yea im mad..

Back
Top Bottom