Forbes: The 20 Wealthiest Black Americans

laugh.gif
Souljah Boy.

if that aint the most fraudulent list that I have ever seen.
smh.gif
They did a piss poor job at investigating, almost like they were trying to be a holes.

when a lady like oprah can be worth $2 billion, thats just the american dream right there.. she has done nothing but people "trust" her blindly..living the life right htere

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

IT'S ESTIMATING NET WORTH , NOT INCOME .

Please read you guys .
smh.gif

They're worth way more .

Like our signature rich lists, The World's Billionaires and Forbes 400, the Wealthiest Black Americans list is a compilation of net worth--not income.

Our estimates are purposely conservative and should be considered "at least" figures. While we try to value everything from individuals' stakes in publicly traded and privately held companies to real estate holdings and investments in art, yachts and planes, we do not pretend to have access to list members' tax returns and bank accounts.

ok so where is will Smith and morgan Freeman then?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

IT'S ESTIMATING NET WORTH , NOT INCOME .

Please read you guys .
smh.gif

They're worth way more .

Like our signature rich lists, The World's Billionaires and Forbes 400, the Wealthiest Black Americans list is a compilation of net worth--not income.

Our estimates are purposely conservative and should be considered "at least" figures. While we try to value everything from individuals' stakes in publicly traded and privately held companies to real estate holdings and investments in art, yachts and planes, we do not pretend to have access to list members' tax returns and bank accounts.

ok so where is will Smith and morgan Freeman then?
That's my point .

Another reason why this list is nowhere near accurate .

No 50 , Diddy , Will Smith (the highest paid actor in Hollywood) , Denzel , Master P ...

Many more .

I can't believe you people believe these lists ...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
People believing ineverything a rapper says in their music and hear say about their buisness deals. The only way we will know there worth is if the operating agreements andcontracts were to be released to the public. I used to work at a CPA firm for a couple of years and had a chance to look at operating agreeements for jointpartnerships formed by well know recording artist and you'd be surprised how little these celebrities initially own in these companies. For the most part,they usually own no more than an minority investment stake initially, especially if they are new doing buisness in that industry. The more experiencedstockholder takes on more of the risk in the beginning.

I'm not saying that this is why a lot of entertainers aren't on this list but I'm not surprised that they aren't a lot on that list.

[h1]Tracy Maitland[/h1]
Net worth: $150 million

Source of wealth: Investments

Residence: New York City

Bronx native attended Columbia University, nabbed job in convertible securities department at Merrill Lynch in 1982. Spent more than a decade learning "convertibles" (bonds that can be converted into stock at the holder's discretion). Launched investment outfit Advent Capital in 1996. Today Advent manages $3.3 billion across hedge funds and mutual funds. Offices in New York and London. Firm's hedge funds have lost money in only two years since inception: 2005 and 2008. Jazz enthusiast owns 2,000 vintage records.
How come I've never heard of this guy until today.

He is on a career path similar to what I'm trying to do.
pimp.gif

There are plenty of black doctors, attorneys, and engineers. Wall Street Bankers, not so much.

There needs to be more non-entertainers on that list, but hopefully our generation can change thatl
pimp.gif
. Dudes saying "where 50 is" and other nonsense. Do you seriously wantthose rappers to represent the top 20 wealthiest Black Americans? We need more non-entertainment businessmen and investors.

Back
Top Bottom