Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Logan: Jackman Will Have a Say in Who Becomes the Next Wolverine

http://www.cbr.com/logan-hugh-jackman-new-wolverine-fox-x-men/

In “Logan,” Hugh Jackman went for his last ride as Wolverine, thus ending his 17-year reign as clawed mutant. As Jackman rides off into the sunset for his “X-Men”-free life, he leaves behind a sweeping franchise that continues to grow with each passing year. With “Deadpool 2,” “New Mutants” and more on the horizon, fans of Fox’s “X-Men” universe are already beginning to wonder what happens next with the character, but writer-producer Simon Kinberg hasn’t thought that far ahead quite yet.

“We haven’t even thought of the next iteration of Wolverine,” Kinberg told Deadline. “For all of us, we were keeping our fingers crossed that the audiences would respond to ‘Logan’ the way they have. I can’t visualize in my head another Wolverine, but — if that day ever comes — we would talk to Hugh [Jackman] about it.”

As such, it doesn’t look like the “X-Men” franchise will resurrect Wolverine anytime soon. However, it’s interesting to note that Kinberg would seek input from Jackman, who has become so inexorably linked to the character.

(We’re about to delve into some spoilers here, so look away if you haven’t already seen “Logan!”) Of course, in the conclusion of the film, Wolverine’s healing factor gives out due to metal poisoning and age, which leads to his death after a particularly grievous injury. This makes “Logan” quite a definitive end for the character and provides Jackman a poignant sendoff, but Wolverine has become even more popular, if the film’s massive box office success is any indication.

That being the case, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if the studio revisited the character in a few years and cast someone new for the role. However, according to Kinberg, this new actor will have Jackman’s seal of approval before he dons the claws for the first time.

RELATED: Logan Crosses $100M at Domestic Box Office

“Logan” finds Wolverine in a world where no mutants have been born in twenty years. As such, he’s startled to discover Laura, a young mutant with powers very much like his own. Shortly thereafter, he’s forced to take a road trip with both Laura and ailing Professor X.

Now in theaters, “Logan” is directed by James Mangold and stars Hugh Jackman as Logan, Patrick Stewart as Charles, Dafne Keen as Laura, Boyd Holbrook as Pierce and Stephen Merchant as Caliban.

Last edited:
Something that's been pissing me off is seeing people on twitter talking about how quiet X-23 is until it's necessary for her to speak to move the plot forward.

And a lot of complaints about the speech she gave at the end. Most people don't know it's from the film she watched with Professor X so it was just random to them.

Twitter becomes cinemasins after movies like this release

it's getting pretty bad reviews so i don't see it doing more than 50M this weekend
Well I caught the part where Hiddleston basically says let's help/save Kong (i assume against Samuel L. and his soldiers).

That's what they get for trying to sell some Ape loving pro-Harambe propaganda.

King Kong is at 80 perccent fresh

It will be just fine and do just enough to knock Logan out of that number 1 spot

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Peeps must have low attention span if they didn't put 2 and 2 together.

They didnt randomly add that western movie for no reason :lol:

Logan was great. Had some teenagers behind me the whole time calling the fat black kid Terrio and saying ohhh kill me every time he came on.

I loved the graphic violence though. Hopefully this becomes the trend in superhero movies now. This is how superhero movies are supposed to be. Minimal corniness. Lots of graphic violence. Just great. I loved it.
Which superheroes do you have in mind?
punisher.jpg

although war zone was ILL, but heavily slept on.

On Tuesday, Logan exceeded expectations at the North American box office with a haul of $8.6 million to take its current domestic haul to $104.2 million.

Deadline reports that Logan could end up taking the #1 spot again this weekend, beating Kong: Skull Island in the process. For that to happen, the iconic monster's new movie will need to earn just $50 million, while Wolverine's final adventure falls less than 50%.
welp, back in that brinks truck fox.....

make sure Huge goes NO WHERE.

warzone was one of the most ridiculous cbm movies i've seen. ridiculous in a bad way.

warzone was one of the most ridiculous cbm movies i've seen. ridiculous in a bad way.
it was vintage 80's early 90's action....had it been da first punisher and not da re-boot it would've been more than a cult fav.

I think my problem with it was the younger brother of the villain. He was acting like a monkey that had rabies. I was wishing someone would kick him in the throat and kill him. He's the actor who married that 15-16 year old girl and they were on vh1 couples' therapy.

Logan was great. Had some teenagers behind me the whole time calling the fat black kid Terrio and saying ohhh kill me every time he came on.

I loved the graphic violence though. Hopefully this becomes the trend in superhero movies now. This is how superhero movies are supposed to be. Minimal corniness. Lots of graphic violence. Just great. I loved it.
Which superheroes do you have in mind?
punisher.jpg

although war zone was ILL, but heavily slept on.
The Punisher aint no ducking superhero :lol:

Just a dude with weapons from comics.

And if that's the lane we're going down it's like I thought, just a bunch of action flicks that might have super powers in them.

I expect his Netflix series will do him justice.

Last edited:
omega red is dope af

but we really need the punisher to get a real film even though this netflix show is gonna be good

Back
Top Bottom