Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Logan Is Top-Grossing Film of 2017 Worldwide

http://www.cbr.com/logan-top-film-worldwide/

Although “Kong: Skull Island” unseated “Logan” in the North American box office, the Hugh Jackman film is now the highest-grossing global release of 2017 with an estimated $438.3 million. “Fifty Shades Darker” is a distant second with $368.8 million.

Logan is going to be the top rated Wolverine movie despite being Rated R. Hopefully Fox learns their lesson with quality.

Just saw it. The Wolverine movie we deserved to get this whole time :nthat:

Never been this emotional watching someone kill people :lol:
That little girls speech at the end got me in the feels.

Great movie, watched it on Saturday with my two sons. They love the whole XMEN series and this was one movie we needed to watch at the theater.

They just need to stay away from Singer
been saying this for how long now...
Logan is going to be the top rated Wolverine movie despite being Rated R. Hopefully Fox learns their lesson with quality.
bar not exactly high..

movie was a great step in the right direction.. but I just felt like it didn't deliver in the end (as comicbookgirl19 pointed out in here review).. was good for the most part but the redemption that could have came felt like it never really delivered.. although the very very very end was touching and fitting

just felt like they could have better executed from when he got to the mountain onward.. and it's stating the obvious, but would have loved to see this film in the hands of a better film maker who has dealt with dark themes exceptionally well in their movies (fincher is the obvious choice.. aronofsky would have been interesting)

just felt like they could have better executed from when he got to the mountain onward.. and it's stating the obvious, but would have loved to see this film in the hands of a better film maker who has dealt with dark themes exceptionally well in their movies (fincher is the obvious choice.. aronofsky would have been interesting)
This was the part of the movie that I felt slipped a bit. Everything else was awesome. The beginning was bonkers.

Honestly, I don't know how you ever approach Wolverine without Hugh Jackman. His last two stand-alones were awesome imo.  I'd maybe be interested in a Wolverine flick if Tom Hardy was cast but I doubt that happens.

You know when you express a huge want for an actor to play these roles, it never happens. Word to Johnny D and Doctor Strange.

This was the part of the movie that I felt slipped a bit. Everything else was awesome. The beginning was bonkers.

Honestly, I don't know how you ever approach Wolverine without Hugh Jackman. His last two stand-alones were awesome imo.  I'd maybe be interested in a Wolverine flick if Tom Hardy was cast but I doubt that happens.
this had a far better ending than the wolverine.. but both films had potential that were ultimately never realized, not a coincidence that both films are from the same director

comicbookgirl19 did a great job talking about this point.. I just it was pretty obvious the steps that should have been taken as soon as he wakes up at the mountain and it would have tied in nicely with the death of the professor and what he was asking of him the whole film and it delivers on his redemption and gives hope (contrasting with the whole film to that point

I see Aronofsky's name mentioned in a thread about a cbm and my mind goes right to his Batman The Mechanic movie that was never made :lol:

Low key still want to see something like that :smokin

:rofl:

Mads Mikkelsen Was Up For Role In FANTASTIC FOUR, But Walked Out Of His Audition

During an interview with ShortList, the actor admitted that he auditioned for a role in Josh Trank's disastrous 2015 reboot of Fantastic Four (he doesn't specify which character, but we're going to assume it was Doom until we're told otherwise... okay?), and realizing half-way through it that it felt "wrong."

I think I walked out on the Fantastic Four [audition]. I think I actually said, “I can’t do it. It’s not about you, I’m sorry, this is wrong.” I’ve had tons of them. We’ve all been there. We all show up and it’s a little office room with a desk and some books and they want you to do a scene where you have two lines – maybe not even two lines – maybe just “Bleurgh!” or “Get back!” And you’re hiding behind a palm tree that’s not there. It’s like, “Guys, couldn’t you have picked a different kind of scene to this? This is [frick]ing mad.” You feel like an idiot.

That man walked into the audition like
YajuTGT.gif

Those blind auditions where they don't tell the actors what it's for and have them act in scenarios totally unrelated to the movie must be funny.

Just came back from watching Logan. I thought it was very good story wise and didn't feel like a comic book movie. Guessing they took cues from deadpool. I have a gripe with the introduction of x-24 just killing charles in bed and then slaughtering the family like what was their purpose in the film for only to be killed off?

Their purpose was to serve as a contrast to the makeshift family that Charles, Logan, and Laura made, to add some scenes of a nice group of people, and then to be killed off.

"people need to see black ppl die in blockbusters so they leave the theater feeling good" - movie exec

alternatively, if they made the family white there would have been no black people in the movie

and that gang wouldnt have been able to invoke racist undertones

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom