Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
What gang? The white dudes that owned the water supply or w/e and kept shutting it off?

That was your typical land dispute. Especially with the father talking about He had a deal with the previous owner :lol: What part of the game is that?

I know charles was sick but it was foolish to accept that dinner invitation and for james to go along with it. wolverine had to know there was a chance they would get paid a visit by goons.

"people need to see black ppl die in blockbusters so they leave the theater feeling good" - movie exec

alternatively, if they made the family white there would have been no black people in the movie

and that gang wouldnt have been able to invoke racist undertones

Xmen was created as a metaphor the struggle and persecution of black people in the 60s.

Why do you think the they purposely made X 23 mexican? Had them trying to cross a border? Why they had a black family being harassed?

This the first X men movie that actually had the guts to make that connection.

I'm starting wonder about you man

Movie was heavy handed with the metaphor for racism. :lol: All mutants being wiped out by corn syrup and soda? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]:nerd:

That was pretty obvious. :rofl: Stereotypes aside, they were obviously substituting a certain group of people with mutants.

Then you had the border run for freedom...

Also "the wall" between the US and Mexico is in this movie.

As for the X-Men comics, Professor X is MLK and Magneto is Malcolm X.

Last edited:
what does any of that have to do with what i posted?

it can be all those things you talked about and what im talking about simultaneously

im not trying to say all of x men is racist, i just found those issues problematic

nice lil unnecessary jab too there at the end

Your not getting me. Its was vrry deliberate by the director that a black family was killed.

You subscribe to certain ideas that when someone makes a ststement your assumption is that it was to harm.

The fact a black character died its part of a larger conspiracy that black characters all die. So any instant, doesn't matter if its purposeful or not you make the connection to that conspiracy.

The director chose the people of colour characters that he did reinfore the idea of mutants are the oppressed. That the people that are overlooked and abused isn't gonna suddenly look more white cause its a CBM.

See how the kids killed the Reaver at the end and look at the complexion of those kids.

I'm completely over the appropriation and revisionist history when it comes to the X-Men and the black struggle.

Stan and Jack knew what as going on at the time but they just touched on it but they both obviously have a time period they both were alive to also touch on that hits closer to home.

That whole Xavier and Magneto are MLK JR and Malcolm X is nothing short of insulting. Those characters weren't even that when Claremont made them popular for the next decade +.

I'm not buying any of that bull **** when fans want to praise a metaphor but they continually depict it with white leads constantly.

Last edited:
It's complete bull **** that just got parroted among fandom.

Magneto is nothing but a hypocrite. Survivor of the holocaust turns NYC in to an oven/death camp.

Xavier is low key a pedo.

Last edited:
Dude no is championing it lol I'm purely talking about why we saw what we saw in Logan ONLY.

Thats why i feel this movie was only one that actually showed mutants as being persecuted and oppressed.

Not sure if you're replying to me but I'm not replying to your posts.

I agree with you for the most part about the obvious messages about racism and reflecting America today the movie depicted.

Last edited:
My bad our many years of debates and warnings from meth have left me paranoid and weary of war

Last edited:
I'm completely over the appropriation and revisionist history when it comes to the X-Men and the black struggle.

Stan and Jack knew what as going on at the time but they just touched on it but they both obviously have a time period they both were alive to also touch on that hits closer to home.

That whole Xavier and Magneto are MLK JR and Malcolm X is nothing short of insulting. Those characters weren't even that when Claremont made them popular for the next decade +.

I'm not buying any of that bull **** when fans want to praise a metaphor but they continually depict it with white leads constantly.

I'm not even some huge supporter/fan of Malcolm X, but the constant claim that people with barely any real knowledge concerning Magneto make about him being Malcolm is insulting to the man's memory. People will bend over backwards to make this comparison, ignoring the numerous atrocities Magneto's taken part in, that don't resemble Malcolm X's arguments in any shape or form. Disrespectful to Malcolm X's life and Magneto as a character in my opinion.

My bad our many years of debates and warnings from meth have left me paranoid and weary of war
:lol: No problem

I'm not even some huge supporter/fan of Malcolm X, but the constant claim that people with barely any real knowledge concerning Magneto make about him being Malcolm is insulting to the man's memory. People will bend over backwards to make this comparison, ignoring the numerous atrocities Magneto's taken part in, that don't resemble Malcolm X's arguments in any shape or form. Disrespectful to Malcolm X's life and Magneto as a character in my opinion.
EXACTLY!

Its just so ignorant.

Last edited:
Writer confirms Deadpool 3 and X-Force are two separate films

As Deadpool 2 was gearing up to begin production, word broke that 20th Century Fox was already developing a Deadpool 3 which would feature the X-Force. Details were scarce following that report, but it lead some to believe that the long in-development X-Force film had been absorbed by the third Deadpool. Speaking with Cinema Blend, writer Rhett Reese confirmed that’s not the case and both films are being planned.

“I also think (Deadpool 2) is working in an expansive way towards X-Force, which will really be more of an ensemble. But then that will allow us to do both an X-Force movie and a Deadpool 3, which actually contracts back down… I think we’ll be able to take two paths. One is where we’re launching something bigger, but then another where we’re contracting and staying personal and small. So I think best of all worlds, really.”

Deadpool 2 is set to introduce two key characters from the X-Force world, including Zazie Beetz (Atlanta) as Domino, a luck-manipulating mutant, and Cable, the time-traveling son of the X-Men’s Cyclops. John Wick‘s David Leitch is directing Deadpool 2 from a screenplay by the returning “real heroes here,” screenwriters Reese and Paul Wernick.

Movie was heavy handed with the metaphor for racism.
laugh.gif
All mutants being wiped out by corn syrup and soda? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]
nerd.gif

That was pretty obvious.
roll.gif
Stereotypes aside, they were obviously substituting a certain group of people with mutants.

Then you had the border run for freedom...

Also "the wall" between the US and Mexico is in this movie.

As for the X-Men comics, Professor X is MLK and Magneto is Malcolm X.
feels like a get out breakdown lmao

I really would like to see the X-Force film suceed. Loved the original group, taking the New Mutants and updating them for a darker world/concept. I've also appreciated subsequent teams. X-23 could step right in too, long as they age her a few years.

That means the XForce film would have to be set a few years after Logan and the mutants have re-emerged?

That means the XForce film would have to be set a few years after Logan and the mutants have re-emerged?

We're in the future now timelines don't mean **** any more I'm ready for X force let Cable and Deadpool cross over when needed

Back
Top Bottom