Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
NEW MUTANTS Casting Call Might Just Hint At A Principal Role For Another Original Team Member

As we know, the main cast of Josh Boone's X-Men spinoff, New Mutants, has already been assembled, with Magik, Sunspot, Mirage, Cannonball, Wolfsbane and Warlock making up the roster of young heroes. However, could the movie also feature an appearance from another founding team member?

A casting call has surfaced over at Project Casting (via Omega Underground), and in addition to what is almost certainly a call for an actress to play a younger version of Illyana Rasputin, AKA Magik, it may also suggest that Boone is seeking someone to portray Xi’an Coy Manh, aka Karma:

SEEKING: [These are principal roles…]

YOUNG ANNA – Female, 9 – 12; preferably blonde, or willing to temporary color; Russian accent or Russian language skills.

YOUNG FEMALE – 18 to 22 years old; Asian Scheduled to shoot in MA for one or more days between 7/20 and 8/16.

Of course, Karma is not the only possibility - there's also speculation that it could be Hisako Ichiki/Armor, for example - but the fact that it's a "principal role" does make it a pretty good bet.

It sounds like they're also looking for an "extremely tall and skinny" actor to play Warlock via motion capture.

SKINNY MAN – Male, 20’s – 60’s; Caucasian, must be over 6’9″, extremely tall and skinny. We are looking for someone who is very good with movement. This is a featured principal role with no dialogue.

Last edited:
X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Goes Cosmic As Jessica Chastain Enters Talks To Play Shi'ar Empire Leader Lilandra

Simon Kinberg is writing and due to make his directorial debut with the tentpole.

Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star as the villain in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the latest installment of Fox’s banner-carrying X-Men movie franchise.

If a deal makes, sources say Chastain would play Lilandra, the empress of an alien empire called the Shi’ar, who leads the quest to imprison and execute Dark Phoenix, leading her into conflict with the X-Men.

(She also commands an alien super-team named the Imperial Guard, but it is unclear if that group will be featured in the movie.)

Last edited:
if you've seen the animated series then you should be excited, not just because Chastain is great but also because Singer isn't directing

I'm familiar with Chastain so on that aspect it's good to hear, but I'm catching up with X-men lore. I'm in the early stories. 

That's Professor X other shorty. So they're trying the GOTG angle huh?

Plus I like looking at Chastain's face, her and Boutella, something about that facial structure and chin.

Last edited:
So did the stuff in x3 still happen or was it erased due to fox wanting to hide how dumb they were?

I wish they'd just continue both. We're lucky to get one current comicbook cartoon series that's decent.

if you've seen the animated series then you should be excited, not just because Chastain is great but also because Singer isn't directing
No reason to assume Kinberg will be better.

Outside of Chastain being a great actress I don't see the excitement. Lilandra as a character ain't really much to talk about. Also the character always screamed ethnic, not white to me but hey they're aliens.

All in all I aint falling for Fox just getting good actor to cover up their **** storytelling and lacking any real plan.

Last edited:
Fox getting another quality thespian.. really hope they get something figured out while fassbender and Oscar Isaac are still under contract

Wait...is this going to be just one movie? The whole dark Phoenix saga in just 1.5/ 2 hours?

Back
Top Bottom