Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
marvel would slmehow make wolverine’s mask and costume work. They didn’t even try to do hawkeye’s comic costume though. Wasn’t cool looking to begin with.

Hawkeye was Ultimates inspired but his mask would have been harder to pull off

560305e4aa9506d556d70676f2cddfb3--the-mask-hawkeye.jpg

The classic Wolverine costume might be the hardest costume to bring to life on the big screen, but I'm sure Marvel studios could manage it

Fox doesn't even try, with any of it

*edit

I forget about the Deadpool movies

They're practically 75% there with Rocket's costume. Marvel can definitely take it all the way and nail it.

latest

LOGAN Is One Of The National Board Of Review's Best Films Of 2017 - Is A Best Picture Nomination Within Reach?

Last year Deadpool hit the jackpot. A superhero film getting both a Best Actor and Best Picture nomination at the Golden Globes sounds absolutely insane on paper, and it only proves how much Fox is experienced in the awards field.

Can lightning strike twice for the studio's genre films?

The National Board of Review's best of 2017 list was unvealed earlier this week, with much of the fanfare going to Steven Spielberg's The Post, but the one outlier of the bunch was Logan. Who knew a film released so early in the year would be so well remembered by voters in the midst of Oscar season?

The film definitely deserves the attention with class performances by Jackman and Stewart. If Logankeeps appearing on major critic circle compilations, could we see a Best Picture nomination on the horizon. This is the first indicator that Logan may actually be a big player in the platform.

Keep it up Fox, if you can do it with Deadpool, you can definitely do some good with Logan.

The list is as follows:

TOP 10 MOVIES
Baby Driver
Call Me By Your Name
The Disaster Artist
Downsizing
Dunkirk
The Florida Project
Get Out
Lady Bird
Logan
Phantom Thread

You got to admit Fox has a solid business strategy

De-emphasize shared universe

Concentrate on making solid individual movies

Keep it simple

Go r rated

Keep costs down

And they're going to eff around and get nominated for a best picture in the process

I'd still rather have them folded into the mcu *crosses fingers

???

Is that all sarcasm? :lol:

De-emphasize shared universe, concentrate on solid individual flicks, keep costs down?

Nah its not sarcasm though

All my points are true. Outside of xmen cameos in Deadpool, they haven't built a shared universe. And it looks like they're just using the same xmen for the sequel

Deadpool and Logan, their best movies, can basically be looked at as standalone and don't come anywhere close to connecting with each other. Dofp and first class don't connect outside of xmen. And all the movies have low budgets as far as comic book standards go. The r rating thing is fairly new, but I feel like that's not going away anytime soon :lol:

First Class and DoFP were good movies, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad.

When it comes to X-Films, objectively, they are 4-2 since First Class. 4-3 if you include Fan4stic.

Movies don't have to make a lot of money because they keep costs down though

Obviously if you compare what fox has been doing to what the mcu is doing they look like a failure :lol:

Fox knows their limits

First Class had a budget of 160

Brought it up to 200 for dofp and they saw that it only made a certain amount of money

Brought the budget down to 178 for Apocalypse

Logan budget was 97 mil

Deadpool budget was 58

Their only real disaster as far as money was Fantastic Four. 167 worldwide on a 120 mil budget. That's atrocious

They are not the mcu but it's much better than blowing money in a rush to emulate them

I'm speaking strictly from a making money standpoint. As far as pleasing a fan with high standards they're still trash overall lol

Last edited:
First Class and DoFP were good movies, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad.

When it comes to X-Films, objectively, they are 4-2 since First Class. 4-3 if you include Fan4stic.

He's not talking bout the X-Men films buddy. Deadpool and Logan. 2 good movies.

actually he is talking about Fox' Xverse as a whole

even if he was isolating those two film, the way you say "they make 2 god films, that's not a solid business strategy" you make is sound like they have 10 failed, terrible films other than those 2

again no reason to bring them down, if he is strictly talking about those two films then they are batting 1.000 right now which is good because they haven't made a bad "sort-of-one-off" x-film yet

so if you are just replying to those two movies, so what's a good strategy plan then? 2 bad films? 10 bad films 2 good films?

I didn't make it sound like anything. That's what you took it as. He listed two good films as a reason for them having a solid business strategy, despite their history. Even with Avengers and The Winter Soldier out, folks didn't give Marvel the can't do no wrong stamp until GOTG. My point is that they gonna have to release more good quality consistently for people to not look at them funny.

yah so two good movies two years in a row is bad strategy?

its not how I am taking it but how you type it and you knew exactly what you were doing :lol:

if you're isolating those films, two good films (to great considering its being nominated) is a good business strategy

the other option is two bad movies s which strategy would you pick?

fox did not plan that

They've essentially had several different 'plans'..

1st round of xmen movies, which was separate from other marvel movies they were doing.. then they had the plan to do origin movies that didn't get past wolverine

Certain folks had a vision for deadpool and forced their hand

Then there was talk of a shared universe with xmen and f4.. o and you had singer with his idea to make the xmen movies decade sequel period pieces

I really wish this stuck the landing.. this movie should have been the comicbook version of Nebraska and it pretty much was

Other than screwing up the redemption at the end

The only thing right at say starting at the point when they get to the mountain, is the grave scene

Just because you thought they were good doesn't mean it was good.

like I said, objectively, it was well received and deemed good by most

only on NT are you crucified for liking Fox CBMs, one person can literally say they like it and he gets bombarded for it :lol:

Are the "2" AOA and the wolverine?

Cause the wolverine is a solid enough movie til that crap they pulled with silver samauri, so pretty much the whole ending

But WW and to a lesser degree Logan get passes and both of those have crap endings.. I mean in Logan, dude gets to the mountain and passes out.. and when he finally wakes up, he sees a bunch of kids with zero real experience and the professor begging him all film and dude still takes a backseat role

like I said, objectively, it was well received and deemed good by most

only on NT are you crucified for liking Fox CBMs, one person can literally say they like it and he gets bombarded for it
:lol:

Last edited:
that point wasn't even for you and I am not creating a scenario, look at Tyree and how he gets stoned for liking Fox films

and you aren't even talking abotu "strategy" at this point though, they are starting to make good films and yet to you it isn't "good strategy"

again if you are Fox, at this point what is a "good strategy"? obviously it is to continue making good films but you want to take them down a notch and not give them credit for what they've done

and two good to great Fox films that may or may get nominated are getting people to look at them differently already, of course they have to follow up (which is what I believe you want to say) but this is their strategy and it is working

Are the "2" AOA and the wolverine?

Cause the wolverine is a solid enough movie til that crap they pulled with silver samauri, so pretty much the whole ending

But WW and to a lesser degree Logan get passes and both of those have crap endings.. I mean in Logan, dude gets to the mountain and passes out.. and when he finally wakes up, he sees a bunch of kids with zero real experience and the professor begging him all film and dude still takes a backseat role

again, look at it objectively

OBJECTIVELY

I am taking all my feeling out of it and looking at the general consensus outside NT

base it on whatever you want, RT, Metacritic or nomination considerations, like it or not OBJECTIVELY they are deemed good films (Deadpool and Logan)

many will also disagree with you on Logans ending, objectively and subjectively

again, look at it objectively

OBJECTIVELY

I am taking all my feeling out of it and looking at the general consensus outside NT

base it on whatever you want, RT, Metacritic or nomination considerations, like it or not OBJECTIVELY they are deemed good films (Deadpool and Logan)

many will also disagree with you on Logans ending, objectively and subjectively

Just saying I wouldn't include the wolverine as an L

I have bigger issues with DOFP, than that film

yah lookin at RT, I did think it had a lower score but it's actually 69%

for reference (and i know RT isn't end all and be all and I disagree with them too but objectively their ranking works)

First Class 86%
Wolverine 69%
DofP 91%
Deadpool 83%
Apocalypse 48%
Logan 93%

Back
Top Bottom