Freddie Gibbs leaves CTE

fray salters

Banned
[h1]Freddie Gibbs Leaves Young Jeezy's Label, Says They "Move In Different Ways"[/h1]
by  ANDRES VASQUEZ

Freddie%20Gibbs_12-11-12.jpg

Freddie Gibbs and Young Jeezy part ways. Gibbs explains how it was a "good decision" for him to leave Jeezy's camp and says no diss records will come unless he's dissed first.

After spending time in Young Jeezy's CTE  label, Freddie Gibbs  has moved on. The two parties announced a parting of ways recently and Gibbs also spoke about his exit from Jeezy's camp. In an interview with  The Breakfast Club, Gibbs explained that the move was one he had to make and that it was "a good decision" for him and his family. 

"It was a mutual decision," he explained, before adding that there wasn't just one reason for him leaving.  

"It was a number of things but at the end of the day, it was a good decision for myself and my family. It was a move that I had to make personally and business-wise." 

Later, he added that he and Jeezy "just move in different ways."

"We just move in different ways so it's best that he move in his way and it's best that I move in my way."

When asked if he'd be releasing any Jeezy diss records, Gibbs said he wouldn't start a beef.

"As long don't nobody diss me, ain't no diss records coming," he clarified. "As long as I ain't disrespected or I don't feel disrespected then it's all good."

Gibbs also explained that he has a new deal coming soon.

"I've got a new deal in the works so everything's smooth. Everything's good...I'm not one of them guys to sit back and be bitter. This don't define me. This is a move that I gotta to make in my career. Players get traded all the time and go to different teams and win championships." 
Who didn't see this coming the minute he signed there?

Except for VERY few cases, signing to an artist is never a good look. Especially one that didn't even have a track record for developing an artist.

That's the one thing I'll give that fat liar Ross. He put his ****** in the paint.

That's the one thing I'll give that fat liar Ross. He put his ****** in the paint.
laugh.gif

You're right though. Only thing I felt Ross ****** up on was dropping that useless mixtape so close to Meek's RD. Meek's joint also got pushed back too much but that's for another thread.

I'm glad Gibbs kept it moving and still kept releasing projects while he was on CTE. The move was a headscratcher when it was first rumored and the lack of anything substantial confirmed our suspicions. It kinda sucks though because there was some potential for them to make good music together.

Last edited:
"Fat liar Ross" :lol: :lol:

Good move for him like everybody said. Him and Jeezy made good records together, but Gibbs is a very distinctive artist himself, and I'm glad he's had various projects out for awhile now. Still looking forward to his eventually album, and anything else.

I slept on him for a long time.  His projects are great.  Hope he gets to shine one day

As a die hard Jeezy fan, I'm a lil upset about this news, but I saw this coming a while ago. No one is ever gonna blow up under CTE like MMG.

CTE was built so Jeezy could sign a few dudes, get them some exposure, and move on to other opprotunities. He rather give the hood dudes like Slick, Bloodraw, Gibbs, 211, the chance to shine, get on a few features, and drop a mixtape or two.

This is why you never hear Jeezy going after a mainstream artist like Meek, Wale, Omarion, etc ..

As a die hard Jeezy fan, I'm a lil upset about this news, but I saw this coming a while ago. No one is ever gonna

blow up under CTE like MMG.
CTE was built so Jeezy could sign a few dudes, get them some exposure, and move on to other opprotunities. He rather give the hood dudes like Slick, Bloodraw, Gibbs, 211, the chance to shine, get on a few features, and drop a mixtape or two.
This is why you never hear Jeezy going after a mainstream artist like Meek, Wale, Omarion, etc ..

Same here I was like Damn Snow how you Drop the Ball with Gibbs?? But i saw this coming tho but like Dipset Gen said Gibbs never gonna get his shine cause he really don't have that mainstream appeal but I still rock with Gibbs that BFK was hard but I felt like Gibbs probably got a lil impatient cause BFK just dropped a few months ago & Meek dropped 2 mixtapes & got pushed back...But meek was buzzin everywhere Gibbs buzz is on the Indy & Underground..

As a die hard Jeezy fan, I'm a lil upset about this news, but I saw this coming a while ago. No one is ever gonna

blow up under CTE like MMG.

Same here I was like Damn Snow how you Drop the Ball with Gibbs?? But i saw this coming tho but like Dipset Gen said Gibbs never gonna get his shine cause he really don't have that mainstream appeal but I still rock with Gibbs that BFK was hard but I felt like Gibbs probably got a lil impatient cause BFK just dropped a few months ago & Meek dropped 2 mixtapes & got pushed back...But meek was buzzin everywhere Gibbs buzz is on the Indy & Underground..

Exactly, he's never gonna blow without mainstream appeal or a club banger. You might catch him on a few mainstream features depending on what label he signs with next. Other than that, I'll keep checkin for his underground music.

Sorta like how we saw Gudda Gudda on "Bedrock" or I-20 on 'Move" , Freddie Gibbs is one of those type of dudes.

Last edited:
new label eh?? :smokin

i was hype when i first heard he was with CTE, but the material released was trash..

i hope he does do his own thing and goes mainstream with dope beats

I applaud this move. I didn't know much about him until he went to CTE then I heard him & was like this dude is the best rapper on the label under a guy who claims he's a "hustler" not a rapper. It was cool for exposure. Too bad he couldn't get an album or atleast some serious mixtape shine but I hope he does well. He seems like a good Interscope artist. Sadly but nowadays Interscope is a good label to be on and he'll have access to other talented up and coming rappers as well

There's tracks on BFK that could easily be singles if pushed right, or pushed in general

He'll eventually bring the radio to him if he keeps increasing in quality.

he basically expanded his base by rockin wit CTE for a lil bit.

Yea he was just rotting at cte

I wouldn't say he was rotting at CTE, after all he dropped two tapes and was still touring. We can bring up countless artists who signed under another artist and just waited for that push, Gibbs didn't wait. I'd say he wasn't reaching his full potential with CTE. From listening to his interviews and his music, Gibbs accepts that his music may not gain him mainstream appeal, but he'll definitely keep dropping stuff that his fans enjoy and respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom