Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

I'm sure it will pick back up once people's pairs start getting delivered or this alleged restock takes place.

I've seen nobody with these in the street but I haven't seen anyone with fear v's either since they released.

And to someone that said earlier that they thought that every pair had different liners... I thought so too but I've seen some with different patterns behind the tongue but the same ankle liner pattern. I like the pairs with one pink and one blue/green, finishes off the whole mismatch vibe.

People saying that you cant see the liner forget about shorts and summer time
That just goes to show you how bad this reselling thing has become. You haven't seen many on the streets of neither style because most pairs are in the hands of resellers or people on the fence between rocking and reselling. Im the only person I've seen in nyc wear the fears or bel airs so far. I haven't spotted anyone rocking 3labs as well. Also once people get their online orders in, these prices should drop a bit so try to hold out til the end of the week if you plan on paying a reseller.

Last edited:
That just goes to show you how bad this reselling thing has become. You haven't seen many on the streets of neither style because most pairs are in the hands of resellers or people on the fence between rocking and reselling. Im the only person I've seen in nyc wear the fears or bel airs so far. I haven't spotted anyone rocking 3labs as well. Also once people get their online orders in, these prices should drop a bit so try to hold out til the end of the week if you plan on paying a reseller.
you wont these on the street here:

1. where i live these didnt release in store, the sneaker demand is probably 1% 

Mine wont get seen:

2. the weather  here is already winter. It snowed for 2 days last week. Sneakers will rarely be worn

3. saving to wear them until next summer (mid june, since it snows into June here)

or

4. someone offers me a ridiculous amount for them 
laugh.gif

you wont these on the street here:

1. where i live these didnt release in store, the sneaker demand is probably 1% 

Mine wont get seen:

2. the weather  here is already winter. It snowed for 2 days last week. Sneakers will rarely be worn
3. saving to wear them until next summer (mid june, since it snows into June here)

or

4. someone offers me a ridiculous amount for them :lol:  

Wow, where do you live?

Damn that doesn't look bad but no way worth waiting in line fir three hours

Even tho I am against resellin. I've found myself in this situation before n unfortunately sometimes selling for rape is the only option tobe able to  get a pair for retail
Not for nothin, I've been collectin sneakers for almsot 20 years. N this era we in wit it bein soo hard to be able to get pairs n even harder to get for retail. I feel it absolutely IS MY BUSINESS AND NE 1 ELSE'S BUSINESS who is trying to get their sneakers at retail. This new fad of buyin sneakers with no intention of even keepin them jus to sell for a profit is ridiculous if u ask me. The minute people started exploiting n taken advantage of our love for sneakers, I jus got sick to my stomach. So it's far from beyond our business if u ask me, actually I think if ur in the position that people r tryin to take advantage of u then it's 100% our business to try n protect ourselves from gettin ripped off! N unfiortunately that means havin to worry about what other people r doin because it concerns us a great deal. If u or a loved 1 had cancer or another illness, n it was possible for someone else tyo buy up all the medicine u needed n then resell it to u at a price which is higher, that u might possibly not be able to afford, wouldn't u say that concerns u???
AMEN BRO!!! This is what I been sayin for the longest time now!!! It's really the only way to end this current trend of resellers. I have seen some people that basically do this for a living n when they have pairs they can't sell, they drop the pricwe, sometimes to retail OR BELOW! But if people continue to have that "I GOTTA HAVE IT!" mentality, n basically pay anything for a sneaker, then the reseller r makin good profit n will continue to do this. I myself refuse to pay over $20 no matter what for any GR, $50 if it's limited, n if it's some impossible sneaker that must be bought for well over retail, then I only buy or go thru people I know r fellow sneakerheads so I know I'm not fueling the reselling game. But if everyone did this, then there is a far better chance of things goin back to normal

That's the issue right there [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]. It's sad when you can tell who is a reseller and who is actually going to wear the sneaker. Having 50 something year old men coming to these raffles not even wearing sneakers just to get the pairs to make money is a shame! People have to learn to let it sit. Not buy in to the hype, who knows maybe I could change the way the game is. Sad to say it looks grim from here on out.

That's the issue right there [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]. It's sad when you can tell who is a reseller and who is actually going to wear the sneaker. Having 50 something year old men coming to these raffles not even wearing sneakers just to get the pairs to make money is a shame! People have to learn to let it sit. Not buy in to the hype, who knows maybe I could change the way the game is. Sad to say it looks grim from here on out.

What makes you so certain those 50 year old men aren't buying to wear? Because I can say with 100% certainty that when I am 50, it's not going to stop me from wearing sneakers.

What makes you so certain those 50 year old men aren't buying to wear? Because I can say with 100% certainty that when I am 50, it's not going to stop me from wearing sneakers.
if you saw this 50 year old (which i might add has won the last 3 big releases at my local spot.) you would know. plus i found him on craiglist selling each of those shoes. the dude is an obvious reseller.

70+yo ladies i've seen reselling, somehow word got around the senior community or something, well they got all the time in the world

that 70+yo was asking me questions cuz she got stuck with some barkley posites that wouldnt sell

you know 'shoe game' 's F'd up when your grandma is reselling

Last edited:
For the guys who got a pair of Bel Air at NDC, what connections do you guys have? cus im always stuck at waiting line, and end up not getting the shoe. so i was wondering does it have something to do with connection speed while im waiting in line for them. if so, im about to switch to version fios 50mb, and get rid of time warner 20mb.

U ne
For the guys who got a pair of Bel Air at NDC, what connections do you guys have? cus im always stuck at waiting line, and end up not getting the shoe. so i was wondering does it have something to do with connection speed while im waiting in line for them. if so, im about to switch to version fios 50mb, and get rid of time warner 20mb.
u need to switch to fios

Last edited:

You're seriously considering switching ISPs just so you have a better chance (not even a certain chance) of getting shoes?

Speed is less relevant than ping. Open command prompt and ping nikestore.com.

You're seriously considering switching ISPs just so you have a better chance (not even a certain chance) of getting shoes?

I don't understand the problem.  It's more useful and probably cheaper than paying reseller prices.

What's ping nikestore.com going to do other than let you know your connecting to the server?

if you saw this 50 year old (which i might add has won the last 3 big releases at my local spot.) you would know. plus i found him on craiglist selling each of those shoes. the dude is an obvious reseller.

You should change "MEN to MAN"... My boys Uncle is 51 yrs old and still rock Jays... He only rock the OG CWs tho, and don't rock them almost everyday like us younger folks.

You should change "MEN to MAN"... My boys Uncle is 51 yrs old and still rock Jays... He only rock the OG CWs tho, and don't rock them almost everyday like us younger folks.
either way the "MAN" is a reseller. I know one when i see one.....

either way the "MAN" is a reseller. I know one when i see one.....

Nothing you can do about it... It's part of the game now. You just have to adapt and change the way you approach each release. To me I approach each release like these, try to get them for retail. If I miss out how much do I really want them, and how much am I willing to pay for them. If it's still out of my reach by then, I just simply move on to the next. They're just shoes at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Weird. Seems Nike is taking it's time like they usually do with shipping with this release. Previously before they were getting shoes out very quickly doesn't matter if it's ground or next day and also east or west coast.

Back
Top Bottom