Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

Grabbed these today for $275...and it was pressure. All this debate about the allocation and speculation about availability is funny, because these have Bred 11 type of hype. The thirst is extra real for this, especially in the urban areas. These are going to be the release of the year along with the Gamma 11s. All people talking about is these, they have an aura like a holiday release. People who underestimate the hype will be very disappointed come release date.
how is release of the year not DB5s? 

Does anybody have information about a European Release? House of Hoops release calendar and Nike EU calendar are not showing anything for the 5th October. Are these going to be the second EU disapointment after the expected no show of the DBs? Come on NIKE... 

Dudes are mad funny.

That feeling...of these growing on you...that's called hype. I ain't mad atcha though. Happens to the best of us.

Peace.
roll.gif

How could it be? Just cuz it was a DB shoe?

These just might be the release of the year for him. NO ONE can put a stamp on "release of the year" for any shoe because its a matter of opinion. Yeah sales records might come out and say xx shoe sold the most pairs and made $400mil but that doesnt make it the release of the year FOR ME.

Anyways, these are up there in my book for release of the year (unless i strike out lol) right up there with Toro 4s and Black Toe 13s. 2 pairs that were aboslute must haves for me this year

I was looking forward to these a while back...

But now I'm starting to 180 on them.

The more I see them, the more they look like big *** GS kicks, on top of the fact that my 6 year old daughter has asked me about them like 5 times this week lol

How could it be? Just cuz it was a DB shoe?

These just might be the release of the year for him. NO ONE can put a stamp on "release of the year" for any shoe because its a matter of opinion. Yeah sales records might come out and say xx shoe sold the most pairs and made $400mil but that doesnt make it the release of the year FOR ME.

Anyways, these are up there in my book for release of the year (unless i strike out lol) right up there with Toro 4s and Black Toe 13s. 2 pairs that were aboslute must haves for me this year
I wouldn't be surprised if the Toro IV wasn't the release of the year based off sales alone.  They seem to be everywhere and still hard to keep on the shelves, compared to the III's that were everywhere but just sitting.

So is it only retro Jordan's that get mentioned in this "shoe of the year" talk...

Or nah? Lol
Top 5 releases of the year for me are as follows:
1. Air Jordan 5 Grape
2. New Balance x Concepts 998 C-Notes
3. Adidas Superstar 80s Run DMC
4. Nike Air Python
5. Reebok Shaqnosis OG

All simply based on my personal opinion and how much I wanted the shoe. So some of us don't only buy jordans.

Last edited:
Lol I was more joking about people forgetting that there are shoes made outside of the Jordan brand that are pretty great.

Lol I was more joking about people forgetting that there are shoes made outside of the Jordan brand that are pretty great.

Lol yeeah i just figured u were talkin about "Jordan Brand," release of the year haha theres def some other brands or shoes that are up there as well.

I think without a doubt the release of the year for me is the Laney's. it has been so many years and such an awesome color way compared to this shoe.

These are nice but it's not "Summer Summer Summer Time ".
Why wait to drop Oct. 5?

Top 5 for me (and my kids):
1. Muthaf****n Black Grapes
2. Pink snakes for my 7yr old daughter
3. BHM Kobe 8
4. All Star Barkley Posite
5. ??????

These are nice but it's not "Summer Summer Summer Time ".
Why wait to drop Oct. 5?

Top 5 for me (and my kids):
1. Muthaf****n Black Grapes
2. Pink snakes for my 7yr old daughter
3. BHM Kobe 8
4. All Star Barkley Posite
5. ??????

Nike is horrible at timing, I'll give you that. Like releasing the DB 95's AFTER the fourth of July. SMH. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom