From 1999-2004, This Man Was The Epitome of SWAG.

Its a shame that his attitude didnt evolve with his play. Who knows how good he could have been if he'd put in the work behind the scenes, sorted out all the drama which seemed to surround him (or at least thats the image he portrayed)

That GQ article was an interesting read though, thanks for putting it up

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by kidUFC

if im not mistaken.. he was the first player ive ever seen wear basketball sleeves.

nerd.gif

no $!!+. you 15?

nah brah, im 22. what i was trying to get at if he was the first player to rock basketball sleeves.?

he sure was the first ive seen..

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by kidUFC

if im not mistaken.. he was the first player ive ever seen wear basketball sleeves.

nerd.gif

no $!!+. you 15?

nah brah, im 22. what i was trying to get at if he was the first player to rock basketball sleeves.?

he sure was the first ive seen..

Other then MJ, my favorite player of all time. Simply one of the most exciting athletes ever and after Jordan retired, everybody in school wanted to be AI for the next couple years.

Other then MJ, my favorite player of all time. Simply one of the most exciting athletes ever and after Jordan retired, everybody in school wanted to be AI for the next couple years.

Was never my favorite player, was indeed a cancer. But dude was by far the toughest I've ever seen play, one of if not thee most prolific scorers I ever saw play and after the Jordan era really only came second to Kobe as the best in the league for a long time, and he's still overrated. That's what you call a legendary career, and if he didn't earn it idk who has. And this is coming from someone who wasn't even a fan

Was never my favorite player, was indeed a cancer. But dude was by far the toughest I've ever seen play, one of if not thee most prolific scorers I ever saw play and after the Jordan era really only came second to Kobe as the best in the league for a long time, and he's still overrated. That's what you call a legendary career, and if he didn't earn it idk who has. And this is coming from someone who wasn't even a fan

AI repped our generation so hard. It's like when Jay had that line " I went on MTV with du-rags, I made them love you" All the tats and braids was because of Bubba. He had style and he was himself. Definitely was a +$#*% thru and thru. Plus you could relate to him because he wasn't one of the 6'7, 6'8 dudes. He was a normal size guy with heart that gave his all every night.

I went to school in Hampton and used to hear stories all the time about his presence in the town. He and I were at the same bar during senior week, like a few feet away, and he seemed to be the same person we watched on tv. Just drinking and scoping out all the pretty $*@ HU girls.

Again, I hate the way his story ended in the league. But you can always say he gave you his best when he was out there...injured or healthy!

AI #3
pimp.gif

AI repped our generation so hard. It's like when Jay had that line " I went on MTV with du-rags, I made them love you" All the tats and braids was because of Bubba. He had style and he was himself. Definitely was a +$#*% thru and thru. Plus you could relate to him because he wasn't one of the 6'7, 6'8 dudes. He was a normal size guy with heart that gave his all every night.

I went to school in Hampton and used to hear stories all the time about his presence in the town. He and I were at the same bar during senior week, like a few feet away, and he seemed to be the same person we watched on tv. Just drinking and scoping out all the pretty $*@ HU girls.

Again, I hate the way his story ended in the league. But you can always say he gave you his best when he was out there...injured or healthy!

AI #3
pimp.gif

I started watching sports as a kid in the 2000's and my favorite player was AI. Since i was a smaller kid than most (still am today), i tried to emulate him on the court...but i couldn't even do a layup with my left hand and my handles were weak sauce, so i was basically the kid standing around shooting 3's lol (i was one hell of a shooter though). I had the jersey (along with VC's) and even cut a long tube sock to make a sleeve for myself, but the one thing i never had was the shoes...gottdamn....everybody had the Iverson answer V's....except me, and i was the biggest fan out of them all lol

The whole run to the finals was a blessing for me to witness...although we lost to the Lakers, Game 1 was gully enough...and +$$! Lue. I'll never understand the haters and the media, who absolutely hate AI...we've seen the Iverson vs. Billups playoff comparison on TV. I continued rooting for him in Denver, Detroit, Memphis, Turkey, wherever...if he's playing ball in a homeless shelter, i'm rootin that he crosses the hell outta some bum.

He's always been a huge inspiration for me....and of course, i'm a Sixers fan because of dude. He'll be back, trust me.

84436c0537621c1fdefa800603191d533eb5cbd1_t.gif

I started watching sports as a kid in the 2000's and my favorite player was AI. Since i was a smaller kid than most (still am today), i tried to emulate him on the court...but i couldn't even do a layup with my left hand and my handles were weak sauce, so i was basically the kid standing around shooting 3's lol (i was one hell of a shooter though). I had the jersey (along with VC's) and even cut a long tube sock to make a sleeve for myself, but the one thing i never had was the shoes...gottdamn....everybody had the Iverson answer V's....except me, and i was the biggest fan out of them all lol

The whole run to the finals was a blessing for me to witness...although we lost to the Lakers, Game 1 was gully enough...and +$$! Lue. I'll never understand the haters and the media, who absolutely hate AI...we've seen the Iverson vs. Billups playoff comparison on TV. I continued rooting for him in Denver, Detroit, Memphis, Turkey, wherever...if he's playing ball in a homeless shelter, i'm rootin that he crosses the hell outta some bum.

He's always been a huge inspiration for me....and of course, i'm a Sixers fan because of dude. He'll be back, trust me.

84436c0537621c1fdefa800603191d533eb5cbd1_t.gif

Originally Posted by ScoopFromTheHoop

Its a shame that his attitude didnt evolve with his play. Who knows how good he could have been if he'd put in the work behind the scenes, sorted out all the drama which seemed to surround him (or at least thats the image he portrayed)

And doesn't all of that just add to the amazement? For me it does. Like, I'm sure dude wasn't in the gym hitting the weights or practicing footwork, speed, or anything of the sort. He is just pure talent (and hard work put in to attain said talent), but still a freak of nature that way.

Imagine crossing A.I. skills with Ray Allen's conditioning at this age
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm getting giddy (pause). Would really LOVE to see him come back for one last dance, in impeccable shape & healthy, but if that's not in the cards, oh well. Nothing changes the fact that he's 2nd G.O.A.T. (putting him above MJ?
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by ScoopFromTheHoop

And doesn't all of that just add to the amazement? For me it does. Like, I'm sure dude wasn't in the gym hitting the weights or practicing footwork, speed, or anything of the sort. He is just pure talent (and hard work put in to attain said talent), but still a freak of nature that way.

Imagine crossing A.I. skills with Ray Allen's conditioning at this age
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm getting giddy (pause). Would really LOVE to see him come back for one last dance, in impeccable shape & healthy, but if that's not in the cards, oh well. Nothing changes the fact that he's 2nd G.O.A.T. (putting him above MJ?
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by hymen man

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by eight2one

his shoes during middle school> Jordans

not so fast
laugh.gif

cmon son!
well im 22-23....soo during my middle school years you had XV, XVI, XVII....and some XIV(but those are personal favorites)
in those same years you had Answer III, IV, V......plus every summer Questions were being dropped....

703 Hwy wrote:
Dudes salty cause this is a true statement. I liked Js but gotta be honest and say I was faithfully rockin Iversons. I think I had just about every model before they got atrocious.

exactly, those were some crappy shoes!

Originally Posted by hymen man

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by eight2one

his shoes during middle school> Jordans

not so fast
laugh.gif

cmon son!
well im 22-23....soo during my middle school years you had XV, XVI, XVII....and some XIV(but those are personal favorites)
in those same years you had Answer III, IV, V......plus every summer Questions were being dropped....

703 Hwy wrote:
Dudes salty cause this is a true statement. I liked Js but gotta be honest and say I was faithfully rockin Iversons. I think I had just about every model before they got atrocious.

exactly, those were some crappy shoes!

Originally Posted by yeerp

wait

y'all don't really believe he's the best (or even second best) basketball player of all time, right?

y'all just mean he's your favorite, right?

right?
THIS. 
@@%%+* talkin bout he owned the league?  What league?  Kobe was rapin +!%$%#% on and off the court during this era
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by yeerp

wait

y'all don't really believe he's the best (or even second best) basketball player of all time, right?

y'all just mean he's your favorite, right?

right?
THIS. 
@@%%+* talkin bout he owned the league?  What league?  Kobe was rapin +!%$%#% on and off the court during this era
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom