Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

I started watching GOT in 2012 or 2013 by myself. I loved it from the very first episode.

I was intrigued by:
Winters and summers lasting years.
The way they treated bastards and wards.
Direwolves
White Walkers
The Wall/Nights Watch
Beheading a deserter

GOT EP1 was :emoji_fire:

I thought Daemon was hiring Qarl to Murk Laenor until he specific said “make sure there’s a WITNESS”. Found that odd, then he snaps the neck of the Rando, then the “WITNESS” runs out during the duel to grab help and by the time they got back the neck that was snapped was in the fire wearing Laenors clothes and THEN, Bald Laenor rowing to FREEDOM with Qarl, yea he was definitely in on it. Rhae had all the Respect for Laenor, no reason to kill him when you can just pull a scheme instead so he can keep it pushing with his lover and The Riches Daemon paid them.
When Rhaenyra was talking about not wanting to be a tyrant and Deamon tells her only they'll know the truth but their enemies won't and it will frighten them, he's talking about faking Laenor's death. The duel was a show put on by Laenor and Qarl with the body Daemon acquired to substitute for Laenor's in the fireplace.

Just heard from a podcast that both rhae & alicent use the pronouns “they/them”.

Just so you know.

B3FE3431-55CA-49D1-BF5C-83DE5C525E9E.jpeg

Yooooooooo

In ep6, the scene when alicent was was talkin to her daughter, hellana about the bugs.

Aemond comes in the room cryin about how they gave him a pig. Alicent says something to the effect of “you will claim a dragon one day”. Hellana says in the background inconspicuously, “he’ll have to close an eye.” 😳

In ep7, as soon as aemond claimed vhagar, he lost an eye.

Keep an eye on hellana. She has some sorta psychic power. Its kinda cool how they bring it to light tho. She subtly makes these little off color comments that you think dont mean much. Whole time, shes seeing the future and droppin jewels.

Dont quote me tho. Lol

Yooooooooo

In ep6, the scene when alicent was was talkin to her daughter, hellana about the bugs.

Aemond comes in the room cryin about how they gave him a pig. Alicent says something to the effect of “you will claim a dragon one day”. Hellana says in the background inconspicuously, “he’ll have to close an eye.” 😳

Keep an eye on hellana. She has some sorta psychic power. Its kinda cool how they bring it to light tho. She subtly makes these little off color comments that you think dont mean much. Whole time, shes seeing the future and droppin jewels.

Dont quote me tho. Lol

Was that old girl, that was chanting/playing with the orb of whatever in that one scene, before they cut to the family?

It was subtle but not subtle :lol:

it was artificially darkened too, the beach scene was shot during the day

Screenshot-2022-08-20-161633.jpg

House-of-Dragon-1627137.jpg
They wild for this.

I totally get the tone and mood they were going for given all the grief and the entire setting being a funeral where everybody is mourning someone but some scenes were just too dark.

I just didn’t complain cuz this seems to be GoT’s thing now. Leaving modern day objects in shoots and digitally removing them later and super dark episodes where you have to change the visuals on your tv just to make out who is on screen.

I didn’t realize “how dark” the Rhae/Dameon beach scene was or any of that. It felt like a storm was brewing outside as the SunSet and it flowed with(well too) the whole Funeral/Dual Deaths, depressing feeling that was over every person on screen, the perfect Gloom. Because I’d accidentally forgot to finish ep6 and started 7 prematurely and ended up lost for a few, I skipped to LOOPER and caught an episode recap for Ep6, went right from that rewatch into 7 and then caught the Epsidoe Recap of 7 on LOOPER, big mentions of it being hella dark/too much even. I then read a secco d and third recap on ep6 and ep7 where the sentiments were the same. Sometimes it feels like posts in these threads come directly from the recaps, feelings and all. Sometimes. The darkness was fine. To me. Hardly noticeable since I felt like it was 300AD or whatever TF year it is where street lights and **** weren’t a thing yet. Hell, every corner of the stone stairs outside had melted candle wax. It appeared they did their best to lighten up the darkness, who knew they just need light bulbs.

I’m right there with you and sneeker sneeker on this
And by the time they decided to Dead Stark in front of his kids to end Season1 I was completely blown away.

I never Participated in the GOT thread or any show threads for that matter back then so the group think for thumbs up or down never had a chance to lean on me, it was just how I felt from jump, and that felling was that it was EPIC
S1 for me was epic. the mystery behind the WhiteWalkers, the DireWolves, Bran being pushed out the window to close the first episode, Mark Addy's acting as Robert Baratheon proved me wrong inspite of his physical stature, the ever dying Sean Bean, freakin Joffrey. heck, I didn't even care about the Targaryen side story but those other characters and houses alone were already peaking my interest. the Dead Stark scene though got me all effed up like WTH? they killed Sean Bean, they killed Sean Bean.........again in a tv/movie series. thought he was the main guy.

so far, House of Dragons are still missing those elements or quite subtle in comparison. I don't have have any favorite characters to like nor do I have any characters to really hate. as far as story goes, they are doing good so far. I knew the House of Green cannot be trusted. they tried to mask that to make it seem like Otto was a good hand and Daemon was a bad guy. only reason for that with Daemon as successor, he would be difficult to manipulate and control and cunning and ruthless enough to punish anyone who would try to destroy House Targaryen. Viserys is damn weak.

Yooooooooo

Dont quote me tho. Lol

And I just realized this from last week's episode... regarding Aemond wanting to ride a dragon... 👀
1664811435096.png

Def something about her!

Wild seeing that this was the darkest episode for a lot of people. Cause some of the other ones seemed too damn dark for me and this one seemed fine.

Wild seeing that this was the darkest episode for a lot of people. Cause some of the other ones seemed too damn dark for me and this one seemed fine.
i havent had the season 8 GOT issues at all this season but i recorded from xfinity. maybe thats why?

so far, House of Dragons are still missing those elements or quite subtle in comparison.

Kinda wild that S1 GOT is being called into question. Well written and directed from the jump

EP7 of HOD was good but not sure any ending to S1 will redeem the main plot of the first 6 episodes

did not expect that ending. Didn't even recognize dude until my girl pointed out that was him lol

Alicent is annoying. King needs to grow a pair. She undermines him in every scene.

Back
Top Bottom