Garnett is DONE!

lol i hope this vid makes every celtic hater on this board feel a bit better about next year. not that it changes anything, i mean they're still stackedand that video could have been cropped from one specific part of practice where he happened to stiff up. But if it makes you feel a little less nervous, then ithink the guy who edited the video did his job. lol people love to talk !#*+ when they don't know !#*+. u see a minute long clip of a dude with a stiffknee and u get all excited. i mean u gotta figure, if dude was limping like that all practice he would have been pulled... but u see a min long clip at the endof his first week of practice back from an injury where dudes knee stiffs up and all the sudden y'all stiff up. calm down. but for the record that neckpatch or whatever is terrible.

Originally Posted by DA HEN

he is nowhere near done. dude just came off of surgery, takes time to heal.
Pretty much.

I don't know... The footage didn't look THAT bad to ME.

^^he's nowhere near done? Really? Dude is going on his 15th year fam (and has played x amount of minutes). Regardless of an injury, he'd be close todone (as an elite player) anyway.

Dude was putting up 15 & 8 before the injury. I think Boston is praying he can just get back to that level....

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by dyyhard

978bd9c5f8fe98bf655ff42fde8370f9-getty-91022348.jpg
This pic has me as weak as KG's knees...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Athletes gotta let themselves heal. What good are you limping and putting yourself at risk for re-injury.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Chris Webber Status.....

First thing I thought when I was watching it. Even though I hate the Celts, and I hate KG's attitude on the court, it would really suck to see him playlike a post-injury C. Webber.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Definitely a little concerning, but
Rivers substituted Kevin Garnett, whose running gait seemed awkward, with 3:58 remaining in a scrimmage. "He went the whole time, until the very end,'' Rivers said. "Probably went longer than he should have, because there was a lot of stopping and starting, which is not good for any of them, and definitely not good for him. Because you stop and explain, and they get stiff and you start them back up. Today was a day when we should have taken him out more. He just got stiff. Same reason we took Rasheed off the floor. I just think with all the stopping and starting, the older guys, that's tough.''

Sweet, only 100 or so games to go full of stopping and starting for the multiples of old guys they have on that "stacked" squad.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That empty banner gonna stay empty a loooooooong time out there.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Definitely a little concerning, but
Rivers substituted Kevin Garnett, whose running gait seemed awkward, with 3:58 remaining in a scrimmage. "He went the whole time, until the very end,'' Rivers said. "Probably went longer than he should have, because there was a lot of stopping and starting, which is not good for any of them, and definitely not good for him. Because you stop and explain, and they get stiff and you start them back up. Today was a day when we should have taken him out more. He just got stiff. Same reason we took Rasheed off the floor. I just think with all the stopping and starting, the older guys, that's tough.''

Sweet, only 100 or so games to go full of stopping and starting for the multiples of old guys they have on that "stacked" squad.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That empty banner gonna stay empty a loooooooong time out there.

grin.gif

see you in the finals.
wink.gif

He's got 7 months to get into shape. I'm told a lot of the time it is just the brain that is showing the nerves and that everything is structurally ok.And as someone else said, if he looked like that from the beginning of camp, there is no way that he would be allowed to stay out there. Ainge/Doc aren'tstupid.

If this was any other team i would be sympathetic to this but the fact that its KG and the Cs makes it
pimp.gif

im sorry...

he's out of shape. he needs to strengthen that knee he had surgery on. he will be fine. c's cant outplay him though

That is a horrible limp. I've had knee surgery and problems. That clip is pretty bad. I really hope he gets better because he is a great player, but faceit, dude is old. He will never be the same player again-- even if he never got hurt, he was beginning to slide anyways-- and the only way this team wins atitle is if he is playing at the 07-08 level.

I am really nervous this could be a CWebb thing just like a lot of other people are speculating.

I dont mind the Celtics but I *@*$%$ HATE KG. By far the most hate I've ever felt towards an NBA player. Dude is a scum bag...his never-ending profanity,his inability to take over games when they're on the line, picking fights with players smaller/not as good as him, etc.

I cant believe back in 03 and 04 dudes on NT were saying that KG was better than Duncan. Never has and never will have the resume that Timmy had.

Oh yeah, if KG misses a prolonged period of time the Celtics will be fine with Rasheed in the line-up provided that Ray Ray and Pierce are healthy and canstill perform at high levels (which they are still more than capable of doing). I'm thinking though that if KG misses some time and something else goeswrong for the Celtics, the Raptors may make the Atlantic Division a 2 horse race.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

hhhmmm. i really am hoping this is just temporary. i don't want any excuses from any teams this year
This is one of the most pompous, arrogant statements I've ever read. No wonder everyone hates Lakers fans.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

hhhmmm. i really am hoping this is just temporary. i don't want any excuses from any teams this year
This is one of the most pompous, arrogant statements I've ever read. No wonder everyone hates Lakers fans.

No wonder no one gives a @#$% what you think.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom