gay marriage bill passed in ny .... wonderful

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

There are people in here actually bringing the Bible into this? They would be probably the most hypocritical ones in here. How about you try to live up to the Bible to the fullest, stop lying, stop stealing, stop fornicating,etc. You know God forbade all of that yet and it is a sentence of hell for some of these sins? Yet some of you hypocrites commit these sins and then try to bring the Bible into this when it comes to homosexuality and saying that is why you are against it?
laugh.gif
That is why your arguments are null and void and withold no validity or credibility.
To be very fair there are just as many bible bashers as bible thumpers in here. Both furthering their own agendas. This conversation, as all other religious ones on here, will devolve into base arguments of "God says this" and "your God is a hypocrite", respectively. Really this topic should revolve around a larger discussion of human rights as dictated by our own moral compasses, not what the bible does or doesn't say, because at the end of the day God nor Jesus is the one at the polls. It's humans with free will. The bible is but one source of guidance, for those who believe.

To be fair bible bashers don't use their beliefs to take happiness away from anyone (except bigots
grin.gif
). And saying your God doesn't exist and the bible is fiction isn't "bible bashing", it is reality and if it is meant to be offensive shouldn't the opposite hold true?
nerd.gif
Spare me. If atheists had their way religion would be systematically removed from the entire world
laugh.gif
As if that would somehow cure the world of evil 
eyes.gif

There are people in here actually bringing the Bible into this? They would be probably the most hypocritical ones in here. How about you try to live up to the Bible to the fullest, stop lying, stop stealing, stop fornicating,etc. You know God forbade all of that yet and it is a sentence of hell for some of these sins? Yet some of you hypocrites commit these sins and then try to bring the Bible into this when it comes to homosexuality and saying that is why you are against it?
laugh.gif
That is why your arguments are null and void and withold no validity or credibility.
To be very fair there are just as many bible bashers as bible thumpers in here. Both furthering their own agendas. This conversation, as all other religious ones on here, will devolve into base arguments of "God says this" and "your God is a hypocrite", respectively. Really this topic should revolve around a larger discussion of human rights as dictated by our own moral compasses, not what the bible does or doesn't say, because at the end of the day God nor Jesus is the one at the polls. It's humans with free will. The bible is but one source of guidance, for those who believe.

To be fair bible bashers don't use their beliefs to take happiness away from anyone (except bigots
grin.gif
). And saying your God doesn't exist and the bible is fiction isn't "bible bashing", it is reality and if it is meant to be offensive shouldn't the opposite hold true?
nerd.gif
Spare me. If atheists had their way religion would be systematically removed from the entire world
laugh.gif
As if that would somehow cure the world of evil 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I don't care who wants to get married because religion made the norms of marriage. What I DO have a problem with is people acting like being gay is normal/equal, it's not. This isn't religion speaking, it's biology.
It may not be "normal" strictly speaking, but why is it not equal? Also, I don't think biology is concerned with the equality of homosexuals.
No, but humans should be concerned with it. Isn't it obvious why it's not equal? Being proud to be white/black/hispanic is one thing. Shouting out to the world you're a homosexual and expecting the same results is another.
Why should humans be concerned with it? I hope you're aware that homosexuality occurs in MANY species on this planet. Obviously it isn't obvious why it's not equal since I asked you to elaborate on your original statements. It's equal to me. Why is it not equal to you?

I don't care who wants to get married because religion made the norms of marriage. What I DO have a problem with is people acting like being gay is normal/equal, it's not. This isn't religion speaking, it's biology.
It may not be "normal" strictly speaking, but why is it not equal? Also, I don't think biology is concerned with the equality of homosexuals.
No, but humans should be concerned with it. Isn't it obvious why it's not equal? Being proud to be white/black/hispanic is one thing. Shouting out to the world you're a homosexual and expecting the same results is another.
Why should humans be concerned with it? I hope you're aware that homosexuality occurs in MANY species on this planet. Obviously it isn't obvious why it's not equal since I asked you to elaborate on your original statements. It's equal to me. Why is it not equal to you?

Concerned with what? It really is not obvious why it isn't equal, so please, enlighten us.
Being proud to be African American or Hispanic 100 years ago would have yielded some negative backlash as well. Times change, societies change, its called making progress as a people.

Concerned with what? It really is not obvious why it isn't equal, so please, enlighten us.
Being proud to be African American or Hispanic 100 years ago would have yielded some negative backlash as well. Times change, societies change, its called making progress as a people.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Change one word in this sentence and it could genuinely be a quote from the 1800's on African Americans. 
The ignorance on this site is depressing.

Bolded for emphasis. Son brought up biology
laugh.gif
J. Michael Bailey in training.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Change one word in this sentence and it could genuinely be a quote from the 1800's on African Americans. 
The ignorance on this site is depressing.

Bolded for emphasis. Son brought up biology
laugh.gif
J. Michael Bailey in training.

laugh.gif

I see what you're saying, and I agree with your argument.
Even though the Bible is fiction... I'm more of a non-fiction kind of guy. 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I see what you're saying, and I agree with your argument.
Even though the Bible is fiction... I'm more of a non-fiction kind of guy. 
grin.gif

Got gay friends. Good for them. This is a good financial move for NYC and Cuomo just got support from the gay community

You can't even bring the Bible into the equation. We all drink, smoke and fornicate. Just because you could do all that then use the repentance card doesn't mean you should.

Same token, people who are against it are entitled to their beliefs. I grew up on both sides of the fence, coming up in church and all that bt at the end of the day, it's their choice and doesn't affect me.

People are getting knocked for simply saying they're against it. Let them cook. America was built on difference of opinion. As long as they ain't hurting no gay people, it's their opinion. I dunno why everyone's so sensitive.

Got gay friends. Good for them. This is a good financial move for NYC and Cuomo just got support from the gay community

You can't even bring the Bible into the equation. We all drink, smoke and fornicate. Just because you could do all that then use the repentance card doesn't mean you should.

Same token, people who are against it are entitled to their beliefs. I grew up on both sides of the fence, coming up in church and all that bt at the end of the day, it's their choice and doesn't affect me.

People are getting knocked for simply saying they're against it. Let them cook. America was built on difference of opinion. As long as they ain't hurting no gay people, it's their opinion. I dunno why everyone's so sensitive.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

People are getting knocked for simply saying they're against it.
Let them cook. America was built on difference of opinion. As long as they ain't hurting no gay people, it's their opinion. I dunno why everyone's so sensitive.
I don't mind people saying they are against it....that's their opinion.  However, when folks get to the point where they're talking about MOVING out of NY because of the bill that was passed...well, that's moronic. 

Again...let em' live.  This bill being passed (if hetero) has NO bearing on how you're going to live your day-to-day life. 

People are getting knocked for simply saying they're against it.
Let them cook. America was built on difference of opinion. As long as they ain't hurting no gay people, it's their opinion. I dunno why everyone's so sensitive.
I don't mind people saying they are against it....that's their opinion.  However, when folks get to the point where they're talking about MOVING out of NY because of the bill that was passed...well, that's moronic. 

Again...let em' live.  This bill being passed (if hetero) has NO bearing on how you're going to live your day-to-day life. 

It's not that people are being knocked for being against gay marriage, it's that people are getting knocked for being against equal rights. People can oppose gay marriage, but they need to realize their opposition to gay marriage is opposition to equal rights.

It's not that people are being knocked for being against gay marriage, it's that people are getting knocked for being against equal rights. People can oppose gay marriage, but they need to realize their opposition to gay marriage is opposition to equal rights.

I'm against interracial marriage, is that cool? I'm not gonna stone a black man and a white woman if I see them together though.
I don't think people who look Muslim should be able to board airplanes, is that gravy? I'm not gonna throw them out of the emergency exit though
I don't think women should be able to vote, all good? I'm not gonna molotov cocktail them when they go to fill out their ballot though.

Obviously people are going to get knocked for not believing in equal rights, but we're not hurting them either. Why is it cool for people to be against gay marriage as long as they don't hurt a gay person, but we can't say we're against people who are against gay marriage as long as we don't hurt one of them?

I'm against interracial marriage, is that cool? I'm not gonna stone a black man and a white woman if I see them together though.
I don't think people who look Muslim should be able to board airplanes, is that gravy? I'm not gonna throw them out of the emergency exit though
I don't think women should be able to vote, all good? I'm not gonna molotov cocktail them when they go to fill out their ballot though.

Obviously people are going to get knocked for not believing in equal rights, but we're not hurting them either. Why is it cool for people to be against gay marriage as long as they don't hurt a gay person, but we can't say we're against people who are against gay marriage as long as we don't hurt one of them?

I mean. its their opinions and beliefs. Everyones so sensitive on either side of the issue. So what people are for it or against it. If they dont like it, thats something they'l have to live with with themselves as human beings.

I mean. its their opinions and beliefs. Everyones so sensitive on either side of the issue. So what people are for it or against it. If they dont like it, thats something they'l have to live with with themselves as human beings.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

You were dreaming of this day huh. So happy for you!

Btw, we know you're hazee. Changing the way you type isn't going to fool us. Funny how he stops replying and you start, with your low post count.
Actually RUBBAHSHOES is not me. I have only one screename on Niketalk and mods can check my IP address to comfirm I am not using the name RUBBAHSHOES and that person is not me . I clicked his profile and it says He joined NT in February 2011. I joined in May 2004. WHy would I need two screenames?I simply stopped replying because I don't care anymore. I can't change anyone's opinion about how they feel about gay marriage being legalized in NY and I don't want to change anyones opinions about it .THey already legalized it and theres nothing I or anyone else can do about it. 

All I was saying is that  don't think it should have been done, and that it was a bad idea. Thats my opinion. Your opinion is that it should have been done and that it was a good idea. No one in my family is a homosexual and I am proud of that. None of my male friends are homosexual and I am proud of that. If  I were to find out any of my male friends or family members turned gay I would tell them you're no longer my friend and to never call me and stay the F away from me.And I don't care if was a friend I knew for 10 years or my entire life i'd end the friendship just because they turned gay. If I found out my dad and/ or brother  turned into a homosexual i'd curse them out and tell them stay the f away from me and drop dead. Yes I would say that to my own father if thats what I found out. I HATE guys that are gay and would never want to be in the presence of them. Don't like me for that? I don't care I won't change the way I feel about homosexual men. I hate them all. 

Back
Top Bottom