Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

lionelhutz.jpg

"Your honor, I move that all charges against my client be dismissed on the grounds that he's a human being."

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
Homophobe. They use that word for everything SMH.

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really?
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?
laugh.gif

It's one of the most misused words in the English language.

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
Homophobe. They use that word for everything SMH.

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really?
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?
laugh.gif

DC what do you want Kobe to do? Do you think he deserves a suspension? Cut his playing time in half?

Like what else is there to talk about in the situation? He called dude the F word, got fined, apologized. Do we need to have a panel discussion to decide the next course of action?

Your murder analogy... is just bad and nonsensical
laugh.gif
but I see what you tried to do there.

DC what do you want Kobe to do? Do you think he deserves a suspension? Cut his playing time in half?

Like what else is there to talk about in the situation? He called dude the F word, got fined, apologized. Do we need to have a panel discussion to decide the next course of action?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Too damn old/experienced for that. I know people get heated in the moment but you HAVE to show compsure. You HAVE to.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nobody is perfect, thats what makes us human. Nobody is succesptible to mistakes, therefore we should not judge him.
[/font]
LOL Why does having an opinion always have to be called "judging" someone. As if he are assuming the responsibility of his damnation. So are we NOT supposed to talk about it at all or something? The "he is human" reply is tired. It is tired. So is the "Nobody perfect" card. So what if nobody is perfect, why does that mean I am not allowed to say HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Kobe is a 14 year vet. He has had cameras in his face since he was a kid. HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER. There is no excuse for this. He should know better.

...yet people want to compare this to the Mel Gibson issue, as if Kobe has a hatred towards homosexuals because of this one comment? (two different animals) 
You can say he should know better but at the same time he is no different from any of us (except the $$$ in his account and his fame obviously), same in the sense that we all make mistakes. Let's not pretend none of us ever used derogatory terms in our entire lifetime. i am sure you have made comments you regret while being extremely upset.

....and its not like he has a history of saying these kinds of remarks, first time in his entire career that a camera is showing him using the term after being frustrated. its fine to talk about it but a lot of nit picking going on over it., like c'mon already.

Ok there is no excuse for it then, it happened. He paid one hundred THOUSAND dollars for doing so, its over. The league moved on already and so should this tired post.

That murder analogy was terrible. Come on DC you're better than that.

[/font]

[/font]

Kobe Bryant isn't going to jail for this, but he does deserve to lose some fan support.

No he doesn't. He apologized for and he is being punished with a fine. He deserved to be reprimanded, which he was rather excessively in my opinion. Losing fan support isn't called for.

[/font]
Too damn old/experienced for that. I know people get heated in the moment but you HAVE to show compsure. You HAVE to.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nobody is perfect, thats what makes us human. Nobody is succesptible to mistakes, therefore we should not judge him.
[/font]
LOL Why does having an opinion always have to be called "judging" someone. As if he are assuming the responsibility of his damnation. So are we NOT supposed to talk about it at all or something? The "he is human" reply is tired. It is tired. So is the "Nobody perfect" card. So what if nobody is perfect, why does that mean I am not allowed to say HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Kobe is a 14 year vet. He has had cameras in his face since he was a kid. HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER. There is no excuse for this. He should know better.

...yet people want to compare this to the Mel Gibson issue, as if Kobe has a hatred towards homosexuals because of this one comment? (two different animals) 
You can say he should know better but at the same time he is no different from any of us (except the $$$ in his account and his fame obviously), same in the sense that we all make mistakes. Let's not pretend none of us ever used derogatory terms in our entire lifetime. i am sure you have made comments you regret while being extremely upset.

....and its not like he has a history of saying these kinds of remarks, first time in his entire career that a camera is showing him using the term after being frustrated. its fine to talk about it but a lot of nit picking going on over it., like c'mon already.

Ok there is no excuse for it then, it happened. He paid one hundred THOUSAND dollars for doing so, its over. The league moved on already and so should this tired post.

[/font]

[/font]

Kobe Bryant isn't going to jail for this, but he does deserve to lose some fan support.

No he doesn't. He apologized for and he is being punished with a fine. He deserved to be reprimanded, which he was rather excessively in my opinion. Losing fan support isn't called for.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

laugh.gif
Now you are putting words in my mouth. What do I want Kobe to do AFTER the fact? He did all he could/should do.

I just spoke on what he should have done, which was use better judgment. That is all. Not really sure what is so hard to understand about it. Kobe shouldn't have said it. That is all I have been saying. He knows better. He needs to control his emotions a little better, well a lot better.

I already said the murder analogy was extreme. It wasn't bad. Someone said he is human, so that is the excuse. So I basically presented another situation and wanted to see if "being human" would be used as the excuse.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

laugh.gif
Now you are putting words in my mouth. What do I want Kobe to do AFTER the fact? He did all he could/should do.

I just spoke on what he should have done, which was use better judgment. That is all. Not really sure what is so hard to understand about it. Kobe shouldn't have said it. That is all I have been saying. He knows better. He needs to control his emotions a little better, well a lot better.

I already said the murder analogy was extreme. It wasn't bad. Someone said he is human, so that is the excuse. So I basically presented another situation and wanted to see if "being human" would be used as the excuse.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

yea. he SHOULD know better...but he's human...therefore there is an excuse for this.
Not to use an extreme situation, but is killing someone an action that can be written off as "being human." So is that the excuse for that situation as well? I never got this "he is human" card that folks use. Of course he is human but that does not excuse his behavior IMO.

Come on, go head and use the, "You must be holier than thou" card.
human's snap...kobe snapped and said F____ F__...which isn't that bad of a snap as killing someone.

its not an excuse..it is what it is.

some people have higher tolerance of composure...if you're one of them..congrats!

but at the end of the day kobe can still dunk on you

Originally Posted by blazinRook

yea. he SHOULD know better...but he's human...therefore there is an excuse for this.
Not to use an extreme situation, but is killing someone an action that can be written off as "being human." So is that the excuse for that situation as well? I never got this "he is human" card that folks use. Of course he is human but that does not excuse his behavior IMO.

Come on, go head and use the, "You must be holier than thou" card.
human's snap...kobe snapped and said F____ F__...which isn't that bad of a snap as killing someone.

its not an excuse..it is what it is.

some people have higher tolerance of composure...if you're one of them..congrats!

but at the end of the day kobe can still dunk on you

[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Well, the TNT cameras should not have panned towards an angry player.  That's just looking for trouble.

[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Well, the TNT cameras should not have panned towards an angry player.  That's just looking for trouble.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

laugh.gif
@ anyone who thinks this was fine worthy

Absolutely this.  I personally don't know but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are much worse things said on ANY field of play

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

laugh.gif
@ anyone who thinks this was fine worthy

Absolutely this.  I personally don't know but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are much worse things said on ANY field of play

he shouldent of called the ref that or anything but the fine and reaction is a little over the top

lakers fan if that matters

he shouldent of called the ref that or anything but the fine and reaction is a little over the top

lakers fan if that matters

Method Man wrote:
Apparently Kevin Garnett can get camera time to every opening of every game, drilling his forehead into a mat saying MOTHER F THIS MOTHER F THAT MOTHER F YOU and its ok. Kobe says 2 words to the dude next to him that in my eyes do no more harm than what KG said and gets fined 100k. 
Seriously its just the group that its referenced to are too sensitive. There's a reason homosexuals friends are majority girls. Sensitivity...

No more harm?  Who are you to judge whether or not it's harmed someone?  Clearly it has or there wouldn't be any controversy here.  You're just choosing not to accept it as valid, which is a little like a White guy deciding that racist stereotype in Disney films was just good clean fun and that the rest of us are a bunch of PC pansies for ever objecting to it.  

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't expect you to appreciate the distinction if you're busy stereotyping gay men.  Kobe's competed against gay players in the NBA.  There are gay men risking their lives in the armed forces at this very moment.  To call gay men as a whole weak and "oversensitive" is, itself, kind of bigoted.  

I certainly don't blame the LGBT community for being upset about this.  It shouldn't be accepted in our society just as racial slurs should never have been tolerated in our society.  I wouldn't call civil rights activists "too sensitive."  

Obviously there are more important LGBT rights issues to be concerned about than a stupid comment shouted by a frustrated basketball player, but, even so, the action itself is a hell of a lot harder to defend than Kobe Bryant himself.  It's no surprise, then, that you guys are flopping around like Vlade Divac in the attempt. 

The point is swearing/slurs are seen as disrespectful. If KG can do that on camera and its fine but Kobe cant say what he said it means Kobe can be as disrespectful as he wants as long as it doesn't refer to gay people.
I dont get why people cant get the concept of intent. I use that word all time jokingly with my friends, not one of them are gay. Nor am i using it to say they are gay. Its the same as shut up B****. Shoot, i have a few questionable friends too that ive said it to. Like shut up ******, then laughter follows.

People are just too serious these days thats all im saying. Everyone needs to lighten up. I had to do a paper on the power of words and it really made me realize how dumb cursing or slurs are. Like its just a friggin word calm down. Who even made these words up to mean this. 

People are too serious

Edit: I was just thinking. If you look at most curses  they have been all transformed from the original meaning. It can be said the same for this. Just because you say it doesnt mean you have to take it literal given the context. I would understand if I say there and made fun of you for doing gay things and degraded you because of it. But thats not the case. Until then its just a word that can mean anything. I know you're not gonna agree with me on this but can you at least see what im getting at?

Back
Top Bottom