Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Kobe-4.jpg

If he'd said it in an interview or press conference I can understand them being angry, but I'm sure this and worse are said in games all the time.

ok...is the ref gay? if he isn't, then kobe wasnt challenging his sexuality by using the word. i understand what you're saying and i agree. I'm not trying to argue. it was a word he should'nt have used, agreed. but i will say the gay rights organization associated themselves with it in this case.

This is stupid...The word "%%%$$+" could only be offensive if the ref was indeed Gay... I'm sure Kobe doesn't think the ref likes to feel on men... I'm sure if Kobe called him a "B----", Womens rights activists wouldn't slander Kobes name all in the press...

Now if he had called Bosh a "%%%$$+", then I would understand.......

......im just saying

This is stupid...The word "%%%$$+" could only be offensive if the ref was indeed Gay... I'm sure Kobe doesn't think the ref likes to feel on men... I'm sure if Kobe called him a "B----", Womens rights activists wouldn't slander Kobes name all in the press...

......im just saying

Originally Posted by Freeze

ok...is the ref gay? if he isn't, then kobe wasnt challenging his sexuality by using the word. i understand what you're saying and i agree. I'm not trying to argue. it was a word he should'nt have used, agreed. but i will say the gay rights organization associated themselves with it in this case.

Yeah i get what your saying and not trying to argue but if i call my other white friend a N-word and a black person over hears me.  He will be offended even though it wasn't at him.  The word in general tends to be offensive to them.

I personally agree with you i wish all of this would stop like when Jesse Jackson comes out of the woodwork on a borderline racially insensitive comment.  It was said in the heat of the moment he probably didn't mean it but it was still said and offensive.  The real issue they have is the word just being in vernacular these days.  Kobe is just like the rest of us.  

Originally Posted by Freeze

Yeah i get what your saying and not trying to argue but if i call my other white friend a N-word and a black person over hears me.  He will be offended even though it wasn't at him.  The word in general tends to be offensive to them.

I personally agree with you i wish all of this would stop like when Jesse Jackson comes out of the woodwork on a borderline racially insensitive comment.  It was said in the heat of the moment he probably didn't mean it but it was still said and offensive.  The real issue they have is the word just being in vernacular these days.  Kobe is just like the rest of us.  

honestly the word is offensive regardless if the ref is gay or not.
it is what it is...

kobe will probably get in trouble with the media over it.

for the record, i'm definitely not gay and i laughed but yeah. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

......im just saying
grin.gif

heat going to the finals tho

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

......im just saying
grin.gif

heat going to the finals tho

I agree with Freeze. "$!@+$!" isn't a word that is proudly claimed by the Gay community and while I can understand them not wanting to encourage the use of that word in insulting fashion, I don't think they should have gotten this mad over it.

Gay Rights would have had a much stronger case had Kobe called dude a "$$+%!@@ homosexual" instead

I agree with Freeze. "$!@+$!" isn't a word that is proudly claimed by the Gay community and while I can understand them not wanting to encourage the use of that word in insulting fashion, I don't think they should have gotten this mad over it.

Gay Rights would have had a much stronger case had Kobe called dude a "$$+%!@@ homosexual" instead

honestly the word is offensive regardless if the ref is gay or not.
it is what it is...

kobe will probably get in trouble with the media over it.

for the record, i'm definitely not gay and i laughed but yeah. *shrugs*

I love when those not affected get to determine what is 'offensive' and who is 'looking for attention.' Grow up.

I love when those not affected get to determine what is 'offensive' and who is 'looking for attention.' Grow up.

i love kobe, but he cant be sayin that *@!@ out on the court.
even calling the refs name to try and get his attention? a little overboard
i live n die with the lakeshow, but sometimes kobe's act grows tiresome.... 
eyes.gif

i love kobe, but he cant be sayin that *@!@ out on the court.
even calling the refs name to try and get his attention? a little overboard
i live n die with the lakeshow, but sometimes kobe's act grows tiresome.... 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom