Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Now if he had called Bosh a "%%%$$+", then I would understand.......

......im just saying
grin.gif

heat going to the finals tho
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thought he said "F****** FOUL"
laugh.gif
like a sarcastic remark or "Pau"

People blow this up too much, specific words don't hurt, they only do bc you are told they do

talk bout my mom? That hurts. A word?? I don't know I'm juss satin

Thought he said "F****** FOUL"
laugh.gif
like a sarcastic remark or "Pau"

People blow this up too much, specific words don't hurt, they only do bc you are told they do

talk bout my mom? That hurts. A word?? I don't know I'm juss satin

doesn't the "N" word apply here? Only black/african-american people can say it, so Kobe did no wrong.

doesn't the "N" word apply here? Only black/african-american people can say it, so Kobe did no wrong.

this is just stupid...non story

fa*= not cool, opposite of the "right thing", weak... etc

so yeah it was in the heat of the moment and it happens all the time but i mean we technically are still looking down on gays when we say it in that context right

ohh but they're not considering themselves fa* , so we're actually not.....i's confused

this is just stupid...non story

fa*= not cool, opposite of the "right thing", weak... etc

so yeah it was in the heat of the moment and it happens all the time but i mean we technically are still looking down on gays when we say it in that context right

ohh but they're not considering themselves fa* , so we're actually not.....i's confused

It doesn't matter if the ref is a homosexual or not, Kobe is using a gay slur in an insulting manner even if his definition is unrelated to sexual orientation.

Simply because many people say "gay" when they mean something is stupid or dumb, or call someone a fa* when they mean they're weak or an idiot still isn't appropriate because "you're defining the word differently" it's still putting down homosexuals and marginalizing them in a negative way by association. You can't make that kind of separation when using hate speech.

Also, it isn't as if EVERY single homosexual has protested or complained about this, it was one organization, Human Rights Campaign... not GLAAD or dozens of other groups, so far it's just one. It seems like people in this thread are overreacting as the supposed "overreacting" by one group
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter if the ref is a homosexual or not, Kobe is using a gay slur in an insulting manner even if his definition is unrelated to sexual orientation.

Simply because many people say "gay" when they mean something is stupid or dumb, or call someone a fa* when they mean they're weak or an idiot still isn't appropriate because "you're defining the word differently" it's still putting down homosexuals and marginalizing them in a negative way by association. You can't make that kind of separation when using hate speech.

Also, it isn't as if EVERY single homosexual has protested or complained about this, it was one organization, Human Rights Campaign... not GLAAD or dozens of other groups, so far it's just one. It seems like people in this thread are overreacting as the supposed "overreacting" by one group
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif
great points. i concur.

and G14..how do you figure? the bulls swept the heat this season. and the 'big' 3 played.

laugh.gif
great points. i concur.

and G14..how do you figure? the bulls swept the heat this season. and the 'big' 3 played.

laugh.gif
glasses.gif
  Absolutely.

laugh.gif
glasses.gif
  Absolutely.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

I dislike the Lakers so i'm not even on dude's side, but it's just a god damn word. stop crying over it

N word. 

..but yea, im sure its different, right?
F----- is never used as a term of endearment between gays.
That's not true at all...
...but have you any idea the language that's used during a game?

I don't even like Kobe, but get outta here with this bull $%$@...

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

I dislike the Lakers so i'm not even on dude's side, but it's just a god damn word. stop crying over it

N word. 

..but yea, im sure its different, right?
F----- is never used as a term of endearment between gays.
That's not true at all...
...but have you any idea the language that's used during a game?

I don't even like Kobe, but get outta here with this bull $%$@...

Back
Top Bottom