Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Really though, this thread and the hip hop/education thread go hand in hand. Not hard to tell who in here was a product of a terrible school system/environment/household.

tumblr_lhgh8auvl21qhpzp8o1_400.jpg

we can't all act like we've never used derogatory terms in the heat of the moment.
if you can actually say you've never used the N-word, %!%, gay, etc. in a heat of an argument, yous a god damn liar.
in a male oriented site like NT, we'll have some disagreements like this. people are entitled to their opinions. you can't say ones uneducated for they way they feel.
so, we should just all get along and lock this thread.
kobe messed up, he paid his dues and lets enjoy the playoffs!

we can't all act like we've never used derogatory terms in the heat of the moment.
if you can actually say you've never used the N-word, %!%, gay, etc. in a heat of an argument, yous a god damn liar.
in a male oriented site like NT, we'll have some disagreements like this. people are entitled to their opinions. you can't say ones uneducated for they way they feel.
so, we should just all get along and lock this thread.
kobe messed up, he paid his dues and lets enjoy the playoffs!

i watched the bit about how strict Stern was on the league, but really 100k fine for that? Just cuz the camera was rolling on him? SMH...

i watched the bit about how strict Stern was on the league, but really 100k fine for that? Just cuz the camera was rolling on him? SMH...

Not saying this compares to Kobe's situation, but remember a few weeks ago when the player from the Suns and Aaron Brooks go ejected cuz the ref told the other player "stop acting like *%%#@" Does this situation warrant any kind of statement or apology from the Ref? Seems like Stern easily swept this under the rug. Is it because it wasn't shown that he said it. Clearly the word "b___" is also a slur. Anyway, people let emotions get to them. Kobe said it and apologized few times, so lets move on. #flamesuiton

Not saying this compares to Kobe's situation, but remember a few weeks ago when the player from the Suns and Aaron Brooks go ejected cuz the ref told the other player "stop acting like *%%#@" Does this situation warrant any kind of statement or apology from the Ref? Seems like Stern easily swept this under the rug. Is it because it wasn't shown that he said it. Clearly the word "b___" is also a slur. Anyway, people let emotions get to them. Kobe said it and apologized few times, so lets move on. #flamesuiton

Originally Posted by The Encore

Yet Duncan got ejected in the past because he was laughing on the bench?

NBA = fixed.

I can understand Gays being offended by calling someone a %*+, and they have every right to, but don't even put that on the same level as racism.  You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...

NBA = fixed.

I can understand Gays being offended by calling someone a %*+, and they have every right to, but don't even put that on the same level as racism.  You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by throwback1718

damn, it got nasty in here real quick.

Ninjahood is fightin like 5 fights @ once.
i know im comfortable in my skin, so all this panty wetting and bunching certain cats is displaying on this post wouldn't translate had this been a face to face conversation.

son compared kobe bryant's outburst to Jim crow laws.....WITH A STRAIGHT FACE 
laugh.gif
I said you were no different from ignorant white racists who thought black people weren't human enough to deserve rights......has nothing to do with the Kobe Bryant outburst, it does have a lot to do with how you view homosexuality in general. You and an ignorant racist are no different
ohwell.gif
.....well from what i've witnessed on NT you're not only ignorant but racist as well but that's for another debate.
laugh.gif

[NINJAHOOD in the 1890s] No dey don't deserve da rights to vote or be free, dey aint even people. They're different from you and me so I must be better than them.

Different struggle, same ignorance.
ohwell.gif
I wasn't even attempting to compare and contrast the black civil rights movement and the plight of gays, that would be stupid...i see a lot of people doing that in this thread. I'm strictly making a comparison and calling you out from the perspective of an ignorant man from a different time who was unwavering in his prejudiced beliefs. Beliefs that we would consider absurd and unintelligent today. Years from now we will be looking back on the "ninjahoods" in the same way. Like those dimwits thought homosexuals got up one morning and chose to be gay.
ohwell.gif

Imagine a more progressive white man tryna argue with a plantation owner about the equality of all races.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by throwback1718

damn, it got nasty in here real quick.

Ninjahood is fightin like 5 fights @ once.
i know im comfortable in my skin, so all this panty wetting and bunching certain cats is displaying on this post wouldn't translate had this been a face to face conversation.

son compared kobe bryant's outburst to Jim crow laws.....WITH A STRAIGHT FACE 
laugh.gif
I said you were no different from ignorant white racists who thought black people weren't human enough to deserve rights......has nothing to do with the Kobe Bryant outburst, it does have a lot to do with how you view homosexuality in general. You and an ignorant racist are no different
ohwell.gif
.....well from what i've witnessed on NT you're not only ignorant but racist as well but that's for another debate.
laugh.gif

[NINJAHOOD in the 1890s] No dey don't deserve da rights to vote or be free, dey aint even people. They're different from you and me so I must be better than them.

Different struggle, same ignorance.
ohwell.gif
I wasn't even attempting to compare and contrast the black civil rights movement and the plight of gays, that would be stupid...i see a lot of people doing that in this thread. I'm strictly making a comparison and calling you out from the perspective of an ignorant man from a different time who was unwavering in his prejudiced beliefs. Beliefs that we would consider absurd and unintelligent today. Years from now we will be looking back on the "ninjahoods" in the same way. Like those dimwits thought homosexuals got up one morning and chose to be gay.
ohwell.gif

Imagine a more progressive white man tryna argue with a plantation owner about the equality of all races.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...
That doesn't matter because at the end of the day people of color and people that are gay are being discriminated against because of who they are.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...
That doesn't matter because at the end of the day people of color and people that are gay are being discriminated against because of who they are.

Originally Posted by Method Man

When I was an undergrad I contributed to an intergroup dialog program that facilitated discussions on racial issues.  I participated in several series of them and, each time, some of the White students...

I respect you a good deal (most recently you helped me to research those who guided MLK) but if you actually had power of adjudication, I would either boycott the procedures or I would arrive and simply antagonize. I feel that if you were in a position of arbitration and adjudication, you would be running a "kangaroo court." In so far as, white, heterosexual males were guilty before deliberations even began.

If I had such power when I was an older adolescent, I would probably be worse but the fact remains, people that age, people possessing such zeal should have no such powers of adjudications whatsoever. While white, wealth males should show more humility, vis a vis such injustices; in the face of a fixed court, one cannot help but show resistance and resist in every manner possible.

Perhaps if your Inquisitions had been focused on actually inquiry, truth and reconciliation, such evasive excuses would be far less common.

Originally Posted by Method Man

When I was an undergrad I contributed to an intergroup dialog program that facilitated discussions on racial issues.  I participated in several series of them and, each time, some of the White students...

I respect you a good deal (most recently you helped me to research those who guided MLK) but if you actually had power of adjudication, I would either boycott the procedures or I would arrive and simply antagonize. I feel that if you were in a position of arbitration and adjudication, you would be running a "kangaroo court." In so far as, white, heterosexual males were guilty before deliberations even began.

If I had such power when I was an older adolescent, I would probably be worse but the fact remains, people that age, people possessing such zeal should have no such powers of adjudications whatsoever. While white, wealth males should show more humility, vis a vis such injustices; in the face of a fixed court, one cannot help but show resistance and resist in every manner possible.

Perhaps if your Inquisitions had been focused on actually inquiry, truth and reconciliation, such evasive excuses would be far less common.

Reading the rest of the comments in here...wow...I really do legitimately worry for the world. I can't fathom that there are people in the world that think this is okay, and that everyone is just being too "sensitive". You really think 100,000k is too much of a fine? Bro, Kobe makes that back just by dribbling the damn ball. It's so funny how people want equality for People of Color, but when it comes to Homosexuality, oh no brah, oh no, it's a choice and they're being to sensitive and they just want attention.

Did you choose be born the color you are? Do children that are born with disabilities choose to have them? I could go on and on but you get the concept. It's like what more proof do you need? There's scientific proof, how are you going to refuse SCIENCE?? This isn't like religion where conflicting ideas and morals are acceptable, this has been proven. Science can give me physical evidence through research that this is true, what can you give me? A he said she said story, or one of those silly verses from a 100+ year old book that holds uncountable contradictions.

How some of you guys on here REFUSE to accept science is just mind blowing. 

Y'all need to be sent back in time, your 21st Century pass has been revoked.

tired.gif

Reading the rest of the comments in here...wow...I really do legitimately worry for the world. I can't fathom that there are people in the world that think this is okay, and that everyone is just being too "sensitive". You really think 100,000k is too much of a fine? Bro, Kobe makes that back just by dribbling the damn ball. It's so funny how people want equality for People of Color, but when it comes to Homosexuality, oh no brah, oh no, it's a choice and they're being to sensitive and they just want attention.

Did you choose be born the color you are? Do children that are born with disabilities choose to have them? I could go on and on but you get the concept. It's like what more proof do you need? There's scientific proof, how are you going to refuse SCIENCE?? This isn't like religion where conflicting ideas and morals are acceptable, this has been proven. Science can give me physical evidence through research that this is true, what can you give me? A he said she said story, or one of those silly verses from a 100+ year old book that holds uncountable contradictions.

How some of you guys on here REFUSE to accept science is just mind blowing. 

Y'all need to be sent back in time, your 21st Century pass has been revoked.

tired.gif

[Warned.  You need to disagree without being disrespectful.  Calling another member "stupid" is still against the rules, no matter how ridiculous one of their posts may be.] 

[Warned.  You need to disagree without being disrespectful.  Calling another member "stupid" is still against the rules, no matter how ridiculous one of their posts may be.] 

Back
Top Bottom