Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I can understand Gays being offended by calling someone a %*+, and they have every right to, but don't even put that on the same level as racism. 
Agreed.  For everyone in here, please DO NOT compare the civil rights movement of the past and even current state to the homosexual movement of today.  It's truly not the same, not even close.  It would be more beneficial if the people that are advocating for gay rights just stated what they feel and what they want without having to lean on the struggle and strife of the civil rights movement. 
Why? You guys say don't compare it to the civil rights movement...WHY???
Because you're black?(again my assumption)
Didn't blacks back in the day fight for rights that they were SUPPOSED to have as gays are fighting for rights they are SUPPOSED to have.
That's where the comparison comes in. It is the same because the end result is gays will get their rights upheld sooner or later as blacks did.
Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Please stop comparing homosexuals to minorites especially african-americans. 

Nobody knows if you are gay when you walk down the street, go on a job interview, or whatever.  Their struggle shouldn't be compared and we should put them in their own lane. 

Here we go again!
eyes.gif

As Meth already stated " you shouldn't have to conceal your sexual orientation"
Also there are have been cases of blacks bleaching their skin just so people won't associate themselves with blacks.
So in retrospect blacks are able to conceal their skin color it's just much harder.
laugh.gif

You can't be serious? Skin vs sexual preference. 
grin.gif

Actually gay people don't have it that bad.  People that act out for attention and dress outside of social norms are bashed, but that has nothing to do with sexual preference.  If a straight kid has a green mohawk then he's gonna get called names.  It's only the flamboyant and "look at me" gays that get attacked or bashed 95% of the time.  So I don't wanna hear this "hiding" who you are non-sense.  If you step outside of social norms with fashion and behavior then you will have negetive comments directed to you.  Gay or straight. 

Being a minority is completely different.  I can't go anywhere without people knowing I'm black.  Different ball game.

how are those 2 pictures even compatible? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

goodness, some of ya'll are way too dense to participate in these kinds of conversations. 

roll.gif
roll.gif

goodness, some of ya'll are way too dense to participate in these kinds of conversations. 

Maybe you all should look at it from a worldly view.
Go look up what happened to David Kato and everything else in Uganda involving homosexuals.

Maybe you all should look at it from a worldly view.
Go look up what happened to David Kato and everything else in Uganda involving homosexuals.

Agreed.  For everyone in here, please DO NOT compare the civil rights movement of the past and even current state to the homosexual movement of today.  It's truly not the same, not even close.  It would be more beneficial if the people that are advocating for gay rights just stated what they feel and what they want without having to lean on the struggle and strife of the civil rights movement. 
Didn't blacks back in the day fight for rights that they were SUPPOSED to have as gays are fighting for rights they are SUPPOSED to have.
That's where the comparison comes in. It is the same because the end result is gays will get their rights upheld sooner or later as blacks did.

Nobody knows if you are gay when you walk down the street, go on a job interview, or whatever.  Their struggle shouldn't be compared and we should put them in their own lane. 

Here we go again!
eyes.gif

Also there are have been cases of blacks bleaching their skin just so people won't associate themselves with blacks.
So in retrospect blacks are able to conceal their skin color it's just much harder.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Actually gay people don't have it that bad.  People that act out for attention and dress outside of social norms are bashed, but that has nothing to do with sexual preference.  If a straight kid has a green mohawk then he's gonna get called names.  It's only the flamboyant and "look at me" gays that get attacked or bashed 95% of the time.  So I don't wanna hear this "hiding" who you are non-sense.  If you step outside of social norms with fashion and behavior then you will have negetive comments directed to you.  Gay or straight. 

Being a minority is completely different.  I can't go anywhere without people knowing I'm black.  Different ball game.

CorrectiveRapeVictim.jpg

So the corrective rapes and assaults on lesbians in South Africa....is because they dress too loud and out of the social norm?

Why don't hipsters get assaulted as much? People in the music industry (eg. Kanye) and prince dress very flambouyant, why don't they get. What exactly is the social norms of how one should dress? Let's hear it smart one.

Here we go again!
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

CorrectiveRapeVictim.jpg

So the corrective rapes and assaults on lesbians in South Africa....is because they dress too loud and out of the social norm?

Why don't hipsters get assaulted as much? People in the music industry (eg. Kanye) and prince dress very flambouyant, why don't they get. What exactly is the social norms of how one should dress? Let's hear it smart one.

Originally Posted by proper english

roll.gif
roll.gif

Ummm I don't know... maybe because Blacks were enslaved, segregated, beaten, sodomized, raped, hung, couldn't vote, and we're not talking a small percentage here.. we're talking 99.9999% of the Black Population.  
And in the other picture... oh wow a Gay Pride parade where they can showcase their gayness out in the open. No arrests. No beat down. WOW and here I thought gays had a "STRUGGLE" 

Very comparable right? 

roll.gif
roll.gif

Ummm I don't know... maybe because Blacks were enslaved, segregated, beaten, sodomized, raped, hung, couldn't vote, and we're not talking a small percentage here.. we're talking 99.9999% of the Black Population.  
And in the other picture... oh wow a Gay Pride parade where they can showcase their gayness out in the open. No arrests. No beat down. WOW and here I thought gays had a "STRUGGLE" 

Very comparable right? 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?
you Googled a picture of: "gay people having fun with water" and came to that conclusion? 

images

not pictured: African Americans. 

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?
you Googled a picture of: "gay people having fun with water" and came to that conclusion? 

images

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?

images

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?

images

ohwell.gif
Explain this picture. 
Are we still talking about my initial reply in comparison of American Civil Rights to Gay rights or are we venturing to a different topic here? 

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?

images

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Very comparable right? 
eek.gif

are you serious?

images

ohwell.gif
Explain this picture. 
Are we still talking about my initial reply in comparison of American Civil Rights to Gay rights or are we venturing to a different topic here? 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Here we go again!
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

CorrectiveRapeVictim.jpg

First of all I said 95% of the time.  Whatever brutal pics you wanna post were probably in that 5%.  Plus that's in South Africa don't bring other cultures into this discussion.  I was speaking on America. 

Second I was speaking on verbal abuse...because that is what started this thread correct?...And Kanye, Prince, and Hipsters ARE made fun of for their looks and dress.  I'm 100% positive Prince and Kanye have been called the f-word. 

Third don't act like you don't understand social norms.  Are you blind? Are you new to this country?  For example a woman wearing a dress is normal.  If a man decides to leave his house and wear a dress then he better be able to deal with the consequences.  Does he deserve to be a victim of violence? Hell no but people will make comments and that's the way it is. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Here we go again!
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

CorrectiveRapeVictim.jpg

First of all I said 95% of the time.  Whatever brutal pics you wanna post were probably in that 5%.  Plus that's in South Africa don't bring other cultures into this discussion.  I was speaking on America. 

Second I was speaking on verbal abuse...because that is what started this thread correct?...And Kanye, Prince, and Hipsters ARE made fun of for their looks and dress.  I'm 100% positive Prince and Kanye have been called the f-word. 

Third don't act like you don't understand social norms.  Are you blind? Are you new to this country?  For example a woman wearing a dress is normal.  If a man decides to leave his house and wear a dress then he better be able to deal with the consequences.  Does he deserve to be a victim of violence? Hell no but people will make comments and that's the way it is. 

People introduce comparisons and then get upset when people dispute these comparisons.
I'm surprised that people in here are shocked that some of us refuse to see a direct correlation between Gay struggles and the discrimanation thrusted upon Blacks.
Would I not be ridiculous if I said the hatred or intolerance of Gays is the same as the hatred towards the CEOs of financial conglomerates that were partially to blame for our struggling economy?
Both groups are a minority.
Both groups chose their path.
There is some disdain for both.
Verbal abuse towards both.
But, theyre not the same.

People introduce comparisons and then get upset when people dispute these comparisons.
I'm surprised that people in here are shocked that some of us refuse to see a direct correlation between Gay struggles and the discrimanation thrusted upon Blacks.
Would I not be ridiculous if I said the hatred or intolerance of Gays is the same as the hatred towards the CEOs of financial conglomerates that were partially to blame for our struggling economy?
Both groups are a minority.
Both groups chose their path.
There is some disdain for both.
Verbal abuse towards both.
But, theyre not the same.

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Because you're Black?(again my assumption)

Why? You guys say compare it to the civil rights movement...WHY???
Because your'e GAY? (again my assumption)

....a lot of apples to oranges in this thread.

Truthfully, I think it is somewhat noble that you guys are attempting to protect Gay rights, but you are doing it in a haphazard way.
Gays are not discriminated in the same ways Blacks were/are.
Marriage does not apply here because it was created for man and woman...not man and man, nor woman and woman.
If you actually read my post you would see why I said they can be compared. Human rights are human rights no matter what race or sexual orientation.
You can't say the civil rights movement is different than the gay rights movements just because Blacks had it harder. pun unintentional.

How are they not discriminated in the same way? The bottom line is that blacks and gays are being discriminated against because of what they are and they can't change that.
For you to say that is different is straight bananas. pun unintentional.

Who's talking about marriage? I hope you don't think that marriage is the only right gays are trying get upheld.
Just recently gays in the military can now tell the people who they fight with to protect this country "Hey I'm gay."
Marriage was created for man and women?
Jim Crow laws were created to keep blacks from getting educated.
My point is it doesn't matter what it was created for because the our society is realizing day in and day out that the we did things in the past were wrong and they we need to adapt to our ever changing society.
Obviously the creation of marriage for a man and a women isn't right since 48% of those marriages end in divorce.
grin.gif

grin.gif

You wanna know why they don't have it as bad? Because of the progress Blacks made during the civil rights movement. Actually gays have it worse than blacks in other countries. In Nigeria for instance you will be sentenced to death for engaging in homosexual activities or pronouncing your homosexual orientation. Your example is lousy because you're implying that people who do those types of things only do it for attention. Hell is it a stretch to think that the kid with the green mohawk actually likes his hair that way?
You think he says to himself "how can I get bashed today for being different?"  If that is so then why is the word f****t and gay so prominent in most people's vocabulary? I hardly believe they see that many flamboyant gay people to even be able to say that word on most occasions. When people say those words they are bashing the gay community indirectly. Often implying that they themselves are better than them which is why they would use those words to describe another person.
Yes you will get comments thrown at you but it is up to the individual saying the comments for the comments to be negative or positive. 
You saying that you will get negative comments for being different is what is wrong with society. There is a lot of sheep in our modern society. They are afraid of being different and upholding their individuality. Whatever they perceive as different they call it "weird." Rather than accepting that person's right to be different they will bash it because they are unfamiliar with it.

No actually it's not a different ball game. People don't know you're black. All they know is that you have dark skin.
They can make the assumption that you're black of their own valor as people can assume another person is gay because of their interests.

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Because you're Black?(again my assumption)

Why? You guys say compare it to the civil rights movement...WHY???
Because your'e GAY? (again my assumption)

....a lot of apples to oranges in this thread.

Truthfully, I think it is somewhat noble that you guys are attempting to protect Gay rights, but you are doing it in a haphazard way.
Gays are not discriminated in the same ways Blacks were/are.
Marriage does not apply here because it was created for man and woman...not man and man, nor woman and woman.
If you actually read my post you would see why I said they can be compared. Human rights are human rights no matter what race or sexual orientation.
You can't say the civil rights movement is different than the gay rights movements just because Blacks had it harder. pun unintentional.

How are they not discriminated in the same way? The bottom line is that blacks and gays are being discriminated against because of what they are and they can't change that.
For you to say that is different is straight bananas. pun unintentional.

Who's talking about marriage? I hope you don't think that marriage is the only right gays are trying get upheld.
Just recently gays in the military can now tell the people who they fight with to protect this country "Hey I'm gay."
Marriage was created for man and women?
Jim Crow laws were created to keep blacks from getting educated.
My point is it doesn't matter what it was created for because the our society is realizing day in and day out that the we did things in the past were wrong and they we need to adapt to our ever changing society.
Obviously the creation of marriage for a man and a women isn't right since 48% of those marriages end in divorce.
grin.gif

grin.gif

You wanna know why they don't have it as bad? Because of the progress Blacks made during the civil rights movement. Actually gays have it worse than blacks in other countries. In Nigeria for instance you will be sentenced to death for engaging in homosexual activities or pronouncing your homosexual orientation. Your example is lousy because you're implying that people who do those types of things only do it for attention. Hell is it a stretch to think that the kid with the green mohawk actually likes his hair that way?
You think he says to himself "how can I get bashed today for being different?"  If that is so then why is the word f****t and gay so prominent in most people's vocabulary? I hardly believe they see that many flamboyant gay people to even be able to say that word on most occasions. When people say those words they are bashing the gay community indirectly. Often implying that they themselves are better than them which is why they would use those words to describe another person.
Yes you will get comments thrown at you but it is up to the individual saying the comments for the comments to be negative or positive. 
You saying that you will get negative comments for being different is what is wrong with society. There is a lot of sheep in our modern society. They are afraid of being different and upholding their individuality. Whatever they perceive as different they call it "weird." Rather than accepting that person's right to be different they will bash it because they are unfamiliar with it.

No actually it's not a different ball game. People don't know you're black. All they know is that you have dark skin.
They can make the assumption that you're black of their own valor as people can assume another person is gay because of their interests.

da gay groups STAY reaching for this comparison...all they gonna do is keep pissing people off in da process.

da gay groups STAY reaching for this comparison...all they gonna do is keep pissing people off in da process.

Back
Top Bottom